TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

What was the wording someone said the other day to essentially PM TRU.com in store instead of saying PM?

"In Store Adjustment" was what I heard.  I'm assuming it was to price match their own web site.

I used all three coupons on three items and stacked with 10% truth .

I'm jealous.

Dealt with the manager at my store today.  First off, she was awesome, and I'm going to put in a good review for her on the survey.  She could have denied stuff left and right but didn't.

I offered up TRUTH, and my military discount, and the 20% image above.  The 20% image wouldn't scan, and she was a bit perplexed by it.  I told her I got it in email, and she said that it was rejecting it.

So, I pulled up the pic of the actual coupon that someone else posted.  Told her that I forgot it at home and had the wife text me a pic.  She said she normally doesn't take it, but she'd be cool about it today.  It wasn't taking until they pulled the 10% military off (that's fine; 20% is better than 10%).

I didn't want to push trying to use the 15% off.

She was awesome, but I usually don't have any problems with the regular staff being able to run this.  It's possible the military discount screwed things up.

"In Store Adjustment" was what I heard.  I'm assuming it was to price match their own web site.

I'm jealous.

Dealt with the manager at my store today.  First off, she was awesome, and I'm going to put in a good review for her on the survey.  She could have denied stuff left and right but didn't.

I offered up TRUTH, and my military discount, and the 20% image above.  The 20% image wouldn't scan, and she was a bit perplexed by it.  I told her I got it in email, and she said that it was rejecting it.

So, I pulled up the pic of the actual coupon that someone else posted.  Told her that I forgot it at home and had the wife text me a pic.  She said she normally doesn't take it, but she'd be cool about it today.  It wasn't taking until they pulled the 10% military off (that's fine; 20% is better than 10%).

I didn't want to push trying to use the 15% off.

She was awesome, but I usually don't have any problems with the regular staff being able to run this.  It's possible the military discount screwed things up.

pro tip : it won't work unless she keys in CC key prior to scanning . 

What would be the point of the 10 or 15% off if I can come back and use the 20% again or at a different store? Is it just a need to buy a high volume of product? Long drive to TRU? Use the 20% on a Wednesday... It's better than 10%+10% on a Thursday. 

It's to keep them from kicking you to the curb.

• Like 1

used 20% and 15% on two items in one transaction no problem. make sure you use them coupons in order of scanned items to match the most expensive item with the highest percentage off. both coupons scanned off the phone, no questions asked. hit up 3 TRUs, one of them twice (before and after the shift change).

• Like 1

I just ask to have each item rung up separately and bring a few coupons. Did find out that if you do a partial pay with your TRU CC first you can then pay the balance on a debit card and still get the 10% TRUTH on top of the 20% coupon. Picked up a cpl falcons  and a shuttle last night.

Edited by longshot

Why go to three different stores?

They are all conveniently located and I am searching for new toys anyways... I won't buy a lego set for less than 30% off so using a 10% coupon just doesn't work with my investment plan.  Even if I only had 1 convenient TRU, I'd much rather just buy 1 item each time. And I assume I could periodically come right back in and do it again as long as I didn't abuse it. I've even been able to make multiple purchases at the same register before. There are a lot of Thursdays and a lot of 20-25% coupons.  And Bricktober is next month.  Last year I was getting 25% off and 10% off and a set I could sell for $20.  $75 sets were effectively $30-35 (you get the gift based on the original price not the post discount price as long as they ring it up first). 

10% and 10% is no better than Amazon will eventualy be.  I use gift cards too, but I don't factor that into this math... that card is effectively cash once I purchase it, not an excuse to spend more than I should.  And Raise has been running out of good cards of late.

So I am just curious why anyone would use the lesser discounts?  Are these just high volume sellers and buying at a 20% discount is enough?  I assume these are only new sets that aren't discounted elsewhere...

What would be the point of the 10 or 15% off if I can come back and use the 20% again or at a different store? Is it just a need to buy a high volume of product? Long drive to TRU? Use the 20% on a Wednesday... It's better than 10%+10% on a Thursday. 

i don't think high volume sellers are able to get that kind of margin or high margin of 20%-25% on all the items. just my thought. 

just like other BP'ers they may be able to get same quantity of items. but for not all the quantity.

Edited by newbie77

They are all conveniently located and I am searching for new toys anyways... I won't buy a lego set for less than 30% off so using a 10% coupon just doesn't work with my investment plan.  Even if I only had 1 convenient TRU, I'd much rather just buy 1 item each time. And I assume I could periodically come right back in and do it again as long as I didn't abuse it. I've even been able to make multiple purchases at the same register before. There are a lot of Thursdays and a lot of 20-25% coupons.  And Bricktober is next month.  Last year I was getting 25% off and 10% off and a set I could sell for $20.  $75 sets were effectively $30-35 (you get the gift based on the original price not the post discount price as long as they ring it up first). 

10% and 10% is no better than Amazon will eventualy be.  I use gift cards too, but I don't factor that into this math... that card is effectively cash once I purchase it, not an excuse to spend more than I should.  And Raise has been running out of good cards of late.

So I am just curious why anyone would use the lesser discounts?  Are these just high volume sellers and buying at a 20% discount is enough?  I assume these are only new sets that aren't discounted elsewhere...

using my tax exempt certificate is time consuming at tru and I usually have a lot of items to buy. Also I am not one to "hog" the cashier and have other customers wait in line behind me, many with kids and infants especially when they only have 2 registers open  . Few dollars saved here and there isn't worth aggravating the employee or the customers   . In the rare occasion I do multiple transactions , I usually go to the back of the line or walk around the store till the lines are gone . 

Edited by Bold-Arrow
  • Like 3

using my tax exempt certificate is time consuming at tru and I usually have a lot of items to buy. Also I am not one to "hog" the cashier and have other customers wait in line behind me, many with kids and infants especially when they only have 2 registers open  . Few dollars saved here and there isn't worth aggravating the employee or the customers   . In the rare occasion I do multiple transactions , I usually go to the back of the line or walk around the store till the lines are gone . 

i don't even use the tax-exempt at TRU it just takes too much time!

Edited by newbie77

I guess you could always checkout in the video game section. ;)