TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Just as an FYI - I ended up getting Raise.com to refund my purchases for the FAO cards.  As TRU support was fiddling with them, they erased the balances and then followed up that they couldn't do anything, since they weren't purchased directly from them.

I had a bad experience with gc from TRU.  A while back, I misplaced around $3k in gc and since it was already past the guarantee period from Raise, I was left to deal with with TRU.  They also "erased the balances and then followed up that they couldn't do anything, since they weren't purchased directly from them.".  Needless to say, I will be seeing them in court.

• Like 2

I had a bad experience with gc from TRU.  A while back, I misplaced around $3k in gc and since it was already past the guarantee period from Raise, I was left to deal with with TRU.  They also "erased the balances and then followed up that they couldn't do anything, since they weren't purchased directly from them.".  Needless to say, I will be seeing them in court.

Could you dispute the charge on your credit card and let the CC company deal with them?

• Like 1

No, because Raise did deliver the gc and they were good, until after the guarantee period.  It's a theft of goods case, easy to win, but a pain in the rear.

Good luck!  I'm not sure what TRU is doing to wipe those cards like that without any notification?  They didn't seem to care one bit.

• Like 1

Good luck!  I'm not sure what TRU is doing to wipe those cards like that without any notification?  They didn't seem to care one bit.

I had one of my cards apparently go bad.  I know I used it once, but was expecting about $180 remaining.  Lookup online failed to find a valid card number, which is different than a depleted card (which shows $0.00 remaining balance).

Chatting with customer service, the representative said in passing, "Oh this is an FAO gift card."  I expressed my surprise.  I wonder if Raise, or someone selling cards on Raise, is submitting FAO gift cards as TRU ones based on the old equivalent usage...

In other tidbits, TRU apparently has changed something.  I know I had previously called the gift card customer service and was able to get a detailed history of card usage described to me.  The rep knew the dates and amounts charged.  Now that sort of information is only available on an escalated claim.  (Or maybe I was adamant enough to get immediate escalation last time.)

I'm only ~60 days into my window and expect to get it resolved.

if they hhave proof they were obtained illegally then they would likely not be concerned about "recovering" their value.  Legally you would have little to no rights to them if they were stolen or obtained by fraud. 

As for disputing the charges raise Will try and avoid that at all costs. Merchant get hit hard if the get too many disputes, and raise is in a business that is known to be sketchy. 

My TRU will not combine 3rd party issued gift cards.

same here. they thought theyre fraudulent. first the manager gave me a limit of $200 to combine (each was at $125), then when i used a few under strict manager's oversight and had under $200 in total balance, the same person said they will not combine them at all. these were TRU not FAO cards and basically she lied to me to get me out of the store before i would try to use them. it would be nice if the raise vouchers came with the scannable barcode.

Edited by jerryherb

same here. they thought theyre fraudulent. first the manager gave me a limit of $200 to combine (each was at $125), then when i used a few under strict manager's oversight and had under $200 in total balance, the same person said they will not combine them at all. these were TRU not FAO cards and basically she lied to me to get me out of the store before i would try to use them. it would be nice if the raise vouchers came with the scannable barcode.

I ordered some gcs from Cardpool and they came with bar codes. They were actually Gift Card Mall gcs.

Safe screen shot:

tru_gc.png

Edited by pstebbing

Just to be safe, I deleted your attachment.  I wasn't sure if the barcode was real and could be redeemed by someone if they printed it.

I think I beat you to it. :-) realized that after I posted it. Need......more.......coffee..........

**Delete post***

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

And last to get points out of before they neuter it to $20 per period.

I am curious if this applies to vouchers created in August as well. Example, I have $30 voucher created in August with October 31 expiration date.  If I use this voucher on 9/16, will I use up my $20 limit for that period?  Also, can I still use the whole $30, or will this voucher be nerfed to $20? 

Does anyone have a link to fine prints for this change ?

I am curious if this applies to vouchers created in August as well. Example, I have $30 voucher created in August with October 31 expiration date.  If I use this voucher on 9/16, will I use up my $20 limit for that period?  Also, can I still use the whole $30, or will this voucher be nerfed to $20? 

Does anyone have a link to fine prints for this change ?

it cannot apply to vouchers created prior to september date as these are one time use only. you cant split the rewards $$, unless this changes as well

Edited by jerryherb