TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Coupons should work. There's similar "markdown" on 42009 MK2... TRU price $239.99, marked down to 219.99.  I used a 25% off coupon on that one in my store a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine.  I think as long as price ends in X.99... you're all set.

• Like 2

Coupons should work. There's similar "markdown" on 42009 MK2... TRU price $239.99, marked down to 219.99.  I used a 25% off coupon on that one in my store a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine.  I think as long as price ends in X.99... you're all set.

Thanks for confirming!  I'll give it a try today.  

Rewards R Us is changing to basically useless as they are decreasing the Max earnable reward per redemption period from $200 to $20. 

I am still puzzled by this move.  After all of the promos from TRU CC to encourage people to use their cc outside of TRU, they took away the BIGGEST bonus/benefit to using said cc.  

• Like 1

I am still puzzled by this move.  After all of the promos from TRU CC to encourage people to use their cc outside of TRU, they took away the BIGGEST bonus/benefit to using said cc.  

Agreed. I think this will really hurt their sales and we are not the only group/buyers selecting TRU as their seller of choice when it comes to toys b/c of the "Rewards". It will be interesting to see what the future brings as a result of this corporate move.

• Like 1

thanks for the clarification - how long is a redemption period? I'm thinking of getting this card but haven't pulled the trigger yet

If you are referring to the Rewards Dollars, about 8 weeks. I was issued some on August 7th and they will expire on 10/5.

If you sign up for email "Rewards" then they will send you your "rewards dollars" every two weeks.

Related note... I see 70728 Battle for Ninjago City at TRU has gone from 90.98 on clearance up to 95.99 ... not a clearance price anymore... so TRUTH + 20% coupon = 69.11

I know a few folks got these real cheap at Target a while back... but this price is tempting.

I already have a new loophole for the revised system it is working now just need to wait until 9/15 to confirm. It is very complex so I will be selling a pamphlet on ebay with the step by step instructions for $10 with a YMMV caveat.  ;)

• Like 5

I already have a new loophole for the revised system it is working now just need to wait until 9/15 to confirm. It is very complex so I will be selling a pamphlet on ebay with the step by step instructions for $10 with a YMMV caveat.  ;)

I would slap the word "retired" somewhere on the listing title and sell it for $12 :money:

• Like 4

hopefully it involves some of these...

thumbs-up.jpg

• Like 2

TRU disappointed me today.  First none of the markdowns on sets were active in store according to the scanner.  Second they stocked all of the 2015 advent calendars and even had a shelf tag but wouldn't sell me the Star Wars set.  They said it's flagged in the system with a street date of 9/1.  What a wasted trip!

TRU disappointed me today.  First none of the markdowns on sets were active in store according to the scanner.  Second they stocked all of the 2015 advent calendars and even had a shelf tag but wouldn't sell me the Star Wars set.  They said it's flagged in the system with a street date of 9/1.  What a wasted trip!

I had a similar problem - they at City Advent (only) out. When I tried to buy I ran into the same problem with the street date.

They offered me 20% off any time for my inconvenience. I told them I already at a 20% off and that I didn't need anything else today and they offered to stack it with the 20% off and the TRUTH.

(of course I couldn't pass it up!)

• Like 2

Question - I got a raise.com gift card for TRU several weeks back, printed it out, and so far have made 1 ~$50 purchase. When I tried to use the gift card for an online order today it's saying it's not valid. When I try to check the balance online it's coming up at $0. Is this just because I printed out the voucher or should I be concerned that something goofy happened with my remaining $200 balance?

Question - I got a raise.com gift card for TRU several weeks back, printed it out, and so far have made 1 ~$50 purchase. When I tried to use the gift card for an online order today it's saying it's not valid. When I try to check the balance online it's coming up at $0. Is this just because I printed out the voucher or should I be concerned that something goofy happened with my remaining $200 balance?

I know FAO cards were having issues lately, however have not heard of problems with the TRU cards.  But given they are tied to the same systems its possible.  If you can I would check instore.  It should work fine online or instore after printing.  If you cant get to the store soon I would contact Raise. 

I know FAO cards were having issues lately, however have not heard of problems with the TRU cards.  But given they are tied to the same systems its possible.  If you can I would check instore.  It should work fine online or instore after printing.  If you cant get to the store soon I would contact Raise. 

Thanks for the response - just talked to a TRU representative, and the GC is indeed at $0 but an "escalation" is needed to determine why. 7- 10 business days. Ugh.

I had a similar problem with a $200 B&N gift card from Raise a couple months back.  I contacted their CS and they sent me a new gift card to cover the remaining balance that should have been on the card and then some.  I have bought dozens of gift cards from them and this was the only one I had a problem with but they fixed it quickly.  

I had the same with a Target GC. I used it once & the next time there was zero balance, Target wasn't able to help me. Only Raise was able to help me & issue a refund for the balance after an "investigation." It was quick & painless.

Thanks for the response - just talked to a TRU representative, and the GC is indeed at $0 but an "escalation" is needed to determine why. 7- 10 business days. Ugh.

yeah I would check with raise and see what they can do.  TRU gift card department is a bit of a run around and could take a while to get anything out of them.

I had a similar problem with a $200 B&N gift card from Raise a couple months back.  I contacted their CS and they sent me a new gift card to cover the remaining balance that should have been on the card and then some.  I have bought dozens of gift cards from them and this was the only one I had a problem with but they fixed it quickly.  

Thanks - did you need any documentation for them in order to prove the disappearing balance? I'm wondering if I shouldn't pursue this route simultaneously if possible. It'll be annoying if two weeks from know TRU just tells me to contact the vendor that sold me the card (which seems very likely).

Thanks - did you need any documentation for them in order to prove the disappearing balance? I'm wondering if I shouldn't pursue this route simultaneously if possible. It'll be annoying if two weeks from know TRU just tells me to contact the vendor that sold me the card (which seems very likely).

I didn't need anything but the figures for Raise...

• Like 2