TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

I've never had issues using my rewards with a coupon and getting the discount on the full amount.  You'll always lose the value for the 10% off on Thursdays since that is always applied last, but I personally can live with that.  In the case below, I was happy enough to use my $60 rewards even though I lost $6 in value.  and with the upcoming changes, we're only going to be able to use $20 at a time on online purchases, or $80 in store.  Changes the game a bit.

1. LEGO 60097   CITY SQUARE             74.24 T1 
        47.50 SAVINGS 25% OFF ITEM                    
        60.00 SAVINGS $60 OFF PURCHASE                
         8.25 SAVINGS 10% OFF PURCHASE                
       115.75 TOTAL SAVINGS | REG. PRICE     189.99 

SUBTOTAL  IC  1                           74.24  
T1  6.000%    TAX                          4.45  

• Like 2

Thanks. That helps. I see now that I get the 25% off before the rewards and then the 10% is applied after the rewards.

also, I have never tested to see if it matters, but I always have them scan coupons before any rewards certificates. 

Edited by Jondog21
Corrected the order I apply coupons and certs

I like to use them at Toysrus.com, usually on exclusives.

Is TRU.com having LEGO Shop at Home type issues?  Searching LEGO, the either All or Hard to Find, then sorting down by price yields very few exclusives.  I know I've seen the mixer, and I think I've seen the Ferris Wheel (not-orderable), DO, PS, etc.

Wondering if this is like Ecto disappearing from LEGO Shop at Home US for a while.  And hoping it's just something boneheaded I'm doing to not find them. 

Is TRU.com having LEGO Shop at Home type issues?  Searching LEGO, the either All or Hard to Find, then sorting down by price yields very few exclusives.  I know I've seen the mixer, and I think I've seen the Ferris Wheel (not-orderable), DO, PS, etc.

Wondering if this is like Ecto disappearing from LEGO Shop at Home US for a while.  And hoping it's just something boneheaded I'm doing to not find them. 

They mostly just appear and disappear based on availability, and the exclusives go OOS pretty often/quickly.  Don't ask me why some linger in the listings when they are OOS (both for shipping and pickup), and some don't.

Yes, I sometimes just wait for something to come available.  I lucked out last month and snagged a Sea Cow.  I've grabbed Parisian Restaurant, Tumbler and Slave 1 in recent months too.  Just look in their Hard to Find category here:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10862137&view=all

Yes, I sometimes just wait for something to come available.  I lucked out last month and snagged a Sea Cow.  I've grabbed Parisian Restaurant, Tumbler and Slave 1 in recent months too.  Just look in their Hard to Find category here:

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10862137&view=all

I see they have a slave 1 now. Are there any 20% coupon codes that work for online purchases? I know we have the in store kinds but was under the impression that you can't use them online.

I see they have a slave 1 now. Are there any 20% coupon codes that work for online purchases? I know we have the in store kinds but was under the impression that you can't use them online.

The only discount coupon you'll get on the exclusives are of the discount gift card variety.

my partial purchases from 7/17 still not applied to the rewards. anyone else having trouble with last weeks rewards? i wonder if they corrected their system or if its just me.

as a matter of fact the transactions are not even listed on my CC statement. thats weird because my receipts show i paid with it...

Edited by jerryherb

if anyone was wondering, cuz I was- the first time credit card use 15% will stack with the current coupon 20/25% off, and it can be combined with partial gift card pay. My first time stacking stuff at toys R us today, and it was a success! Thanks to whoever mentioned making the donation to Alex's Lemonade. Made a donation and cashier was super happy, and had no issues with any part of it.

Bought:

Technic MKII crane for 120.35 out the door

2 space needles for 16.77 each out the door

1 mystery mansion scooby doo for 58.91 out the door,

and 2 mystery machines for 27.28 each out the door.

I realized that I could have maybe made more separate transactions to keep using the 25% coupon, but she kept having to overide the 15% first time coupon to get it to work. Didnt want to be a super pain.

• Like 1

So is there a dollar amount needed for a partial pay on the CC to get the 10% in full on Thursdays?  Last time I didn't get the full 10% off my order.  I put $1 on the CC and used a gift card for the rest.  Any thoughts?

Just make sure you look on the receipt for the 10% off notation and adjusted price.  If it's not there, have them do a price adjustment or refund you the difference.  Check your receipt before leaving the store.

• Like 1

Just so I understand (planning on getting a TRU card finally) you get 15% off your entire first purchase, but YMMV on them letting you buy a few items on separate transactions with the 25% off and 15% off bonus.

The cashier and manager at my store were under the impression that it was a 15% ALL DAY pass. I dont know what the actual wording was. I made a big purchase and then my wife found the scooby doo sets and when I was buying those I just asked if I still got the 15% again. Answer was absolutely, its all day. But then when she rang it the system kept voiding the 15%. She called the manager over and she didnt hesitate to override it. I bet if you kept making them override it on seperate transactions though they might get a little frustrated.

When you apply online for the credit card, the 15% is for 1 purchase and the coupon is good for up to 90 days. If you apply in store, the 15% coupon is good for the entire day, but only on the day you are approved. So, best thing to do is apply in store the day you want to buy and use the 15% coupon.

When you apply online for the credit card, the 15% is for 1 purchase and the coupon is good for up to 90 days. If you apply in store, the 15% coupon is good for the entire day, but only on the day you are approved. So, best thing to do is apply in store the day you want to buy and use the 15% coupon.

And best to do that on a 10% off Thursday, as it will stack.

15% and 10% TRUTH do not stack, I tried it last week. It also says on the 15% coupon that it cannot be combined with any other total value discount (which the 10% is).

it should stack. it did for me though not without override, but no friction from the manager. they want you to use that card and wont go back on their word once youre approved.

Edited by jerryherb

it should stack. it did for me though not without override, but no friction from the manager. they want you to use that card and wont go back on their word once youre approved.

so can you do 25% coupon, 10% thurs, and 15% new CC all together?

then you have the TRU rewards and partial giftcard pay?

so can you do 25% coupon, 10% thurs, and 15% new CC all together?

then you have the TRU rewards and partial giftcard pay?

You might be asking too much, since at least some of this needs an override.  This is fringing on CSR exploitation.

You might want to take these questions offline.

Edited by exciter1

You might be asking too much, since at least some of this needs an override.  This is fringing on CSR exploitation.

You might want to take these questions offline.

like he said :) you wouldnt have any TRU rewards to use if youre just getting the card, however you would get some for the remainder after %off

Edited by jerryherb

This might be a policy change, I don't know. Last year, when I got my card, the 10% Thursday stacked with the 15% off pass without override. I was encouraged by the CSR to sign up for the CC because they would stack. No manager intervention. I did not try any additional coupons thought. As I said though, manager override on this now might be a policy change since last year that I was unaware of when I suggested the stacking.