TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

This might be a policy change, I don't know. Last year, when I got my card, the 10% Thursday stacked with the 15% off pass without override. I was encouraged by the CSR to sign up for the CC because they would stack. No manager intervention. I did not try any additional coupons thought. As I said though, manager override on this now might be a policy change since last year that I was unaware of when I suggested the stacking.

This is correct for 2014 but has been updated for 2015.  If you go to a TRU and check the display or pamphlet advertising TRU cc, it specifically states that 10% cannot be combined with 15% offer.

• Like 1

Anyone else receiving a "Already been redeemed"  error when trying to reuse the 25% off coupon on multiple transactions?

Anyone else receiving a "Already been redeemed"  error when trying to reuse the 25% off coupon on multiple transactions?

I just used it 5 minutes ago after using it several times this week. I am not balsy enough to push my luck to do multiple transactions in one visit. I did however have an issue when I said I had a coupon on my phone, the cashier tried to scan her physical version but it was a 20/15% instead of 25/20% and it wouldn't go through. It apparently wasn't the new one for August and didn't exclude Lego either. I was able to have her scan the barcode on my phone though and the 25/20 went through. 

Thanks to this thread, I earned a lot of reward dollars.

image.jpg

That's awesome, but I hope you're better at paying off the balance than I am. I'm sure I've lost all savings on finance charges at this point. :(  Lesson learned.

Was surprised to see 2 Big Bang Theory sets on the shelf. The 25% off code worked for one, but I didn't try it for both and used an actual 15% mailed coupon for the 2nd set + 10% TRUTH. Was happy to see it not marked up yet.

Wrong thread but I would change your preferences to bank $200. Create a reward 8/1 and 9/1 for 5000 points. And get the two more in August. Not sure if we will get the one in September. 

Thanks the heads up.

I will do so.

I think the new term starts in Sept 2015, I will receive (redeem) $20 every 2 weeks over email. but I can earn more than $20 worth of the points per 2 weeks, right?

Thanks the heads up.

I will do so.

I think the new term starts in Sept 2015, I will receive (redeem) $20 every 2 weeks over email. but I can earn more than $20 worth of the points per 2 weeks, right?

Yes, you are correct.  You can earn more than $20 per 2 week period, but you can only generate $20 in rewards per 2 week period. You have 60 days (?) to redeem them.

Yes, you are correct.  You can earn more than $20 per 2 week period, but you can only generate $20 in rewards per 2 week period. You have 60 days (?) to redeem them.

Honestly, I am happier this way. At least I can buy a cheaper item every 2 weeks, rather than 1 $200 certificate. 

on the positive note re: rewards. it appears that now they are used after all the discount codes have been applied.  i just noticed that on my 7/27 purchases. i wonder when that changed. it used to be that the rewards would be applied to full price before any discounts and then the coupons would work on the remainder. now if you use a coupon/truth your 20 in rewards is actually worth $20, not $13.50 (after applied to full price then 25/10).  

Edited by jerryherb

on the positive note re: rewards. it appears that now they are used after all the discount codes have been applied.  i just noticed that on my 7/27 purchases. i wonder when that changed. it used to be that the rewards would be applied to full price before any discounts and then the coupons would work on the remainder. now if you use a coupon/truth your 20 in rewards is actually worth $20, not $13.50 (after applied to full price then 25/10).  

order used/has been:

1. 10% or 15% or 20% coupon

2. rewards 

3. 10% TRU-TH. if the coupon was higher % due to TH then it came here.