Jump to content

TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those clearance stickers probably have a small exclusion list on them that includes LEGO Construction Sets.

Gotta love it when the manager of the local TRU calls you and asks if you want all the leftovers from the BB-8 build....

I know it's a hassle but you need to pre-calculate your purchases when applying multiple discounts before heading to the register. More often than not, the cashier will screw up the series of button p

Posted Images

The closing of TRU still hurts, it's difficult for me to think about TRU without some emotional attachment given that I grew up on TRU like many folks.  One very interesting thing - I was in Asia recently, and TRU continues to THRIVE over there.  Here is a picture of a TRU in Hong Kong.  It was very crowded, and difficult to move around.  Items were flying off the shelves, and the LEGO section was stocked with all the latest stuff.  It was awesome. 

Somehow and some way, I still hold out hope that TRU may return some day.  We will see. 

 

TRU Hong Kong.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 80s_Kid said:

The closing of TRU still hurts, it's difficult for me to think about TRU without some emotional attachment given that I grew up on TRU like many folks.  One very interesting thing - I was in Asia recently, and TRU continues to THRIVE over there.  Here is a picture of a TRU in Hong Kong.  It was very crowded, and difficult to move around.  Items were flying off the shelves, and the LEGO section was stocked with all the latest stuff.  It was awesome. 

Somehow and some way, I still hold out hope that TRU may return some day.  We will see. 

 

TRU Hong Kong.jpg

This is difference between being owned by a privately held company versus being publicly owned and laden with debt?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

This is difference between being owned by a privately held company versus being publicly owned and laden with debt?

Oh, you guys still have it too, right? Now, when I’ll think about Australia, I’ll think of kangaroos, koala bears and TRU....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess  they figured out what most Ebay sellers already know; that there is only one winner at auctions - except for art, classic cars and UCS Falcon VIP cards.

Edited by Val-E
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

also received the email, but had a bit better offer, getting $20 for using the card 5 times. Time to dust off the card.

 

I guess not all animals are equal after all . Was also one upped in the DD thread . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superlegolover said:

also received the email, but had a bit better offer, getting $20 for using the card 5 times. Time to dust off the card.

 

I got 10 times as well. I pretty much made this my primary card, thanks to the 2% though, so I guess that's why. I really don't need to be encouraged further to use it..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 12:58 PM, minicoopers11 said:

I got 10 times as well. I pretty much made this my primary card, thanks to the 2% though, so I guess that's why. I really don't need to be encouraged further to use it..

there are better cards to be used as primary card tho. earning mileage pts rather than direct cash back can maximize your pts value, if you are into that kinda thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...