TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

The closing of TRU still hurts, it's difficult for me to think about TRU without some emotional attachment given that I grew up on TRU like many folks.  One very interesting thing - I was in Asia recently, and TRU continues to THRIVE over there.  Here is a picture of a TRU in Hong Kong.  It was very crowded, and difficult to move around.  Items were flying off the shelves, and the LEGO section was stocked with all the latest stuff.  It was awesome. 

Somehow and some way, I still hold out hope that TRU may return some day.  We will see. 

TRU Hong Kong.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, 80s_Kid said:

The closing of TRU still hurts, it's difficult for me to think about TRU without some emotional attachment given that I grew up on TRU like many folks.  One very interesting thing - I was in Asia recently, and TRU continues to THRIVE over there.  Here is a picture of a TRU in Hong Kong.  It was very crowded, and difficult to move around.  Items were flying off the shelves, and the LEGO section was stocked with all the latest stuff.  It was awesome. 

Somehow and some way, I still hold out hope that TRU may return some day.  We will see. 

TRU Hong Kong.jpg

This is difference between being owned by a privately held company versus being publicly owned and laden with debt?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

This is difference between being owned by a privately held company versus being publicly owned and laden with debt?

Oh, you guys still have it too, right? Now, when I’ll think about Australia, I’ll think of kangaroos, koala bears and TRU....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, superlegolover said:

also received the email, but had a bit better offer, getting $20 for using the card 5 times. Time to dust off the card.

I got 10 times as well. I pretty much made this my primary card, thanks to the 2% though, so I guess that's why. I really don't need to be encouraged further to use it..

On 10/31/2018 at 12:58 PM, minicoopers11 said:

I got 10 times as well. I pretty much made this my primary card, thanks to the 2% though, so I guess that's why. I really don't need to be encouraged further to use it..

there are better cards to be used as primary card tho. earning mileage pts rather than direct cash back can maximize your pts value, if you are into that kinda thing.

• 7 months later...