TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

whats everyone after today?

All Scooby Doo and large JW sets have been wiped out at my TRU.  Unless someone persuades me with another great opportunity, I'll probably pick between the last LM (complete with severe security spider damage) or BBT.  I haven't looked, but I expect the "first available" market for BBT has evaporated.  Nonetheless, the stacked discounts will make this the cheapest one can get the set for quite some time.

All Scooby Doo and large JW sets have been wiped out at my TRU.  Unless someone persuades me with another great opportunity, I'll probably pick between the last LM (complete with severe security spider damage) or BBT.  I haven't looked, but I expect the "first available" market for BBT has evaporated.  Nonetheless, the stacked discounts will make this the cheapest one can get the set for quite some time.

BBT? I couldn't find that one in the acronym thread :)

Ah, never mind, just got it. Bing Bang Theory. :cool:

anyone figured out how to use the FAO E-gift cards that have been heavily discounted on Raise all week in store?  I tried all the tricks to combine them in to a bigger gift card online, but like everyone else, it didn't work.  I know some people mentioned they could use them in store at TRU and I am wondering how they did it.  I can't seem to find a way to print them out and just telling them a number seems kind of shady.

Burned a bunch of points on the Tumbler last week and thankfully it shipped.  They did charge me $6 for shipping since I got the total below the free shipping threshold though.  I need to use up some more pending points once they switch over but before the new limit starts in September.

Just use them in store. They actually show up in the store system as Tru gc. I used some the other day.

Did you just tell them the number and they keyed it in?  My raise order does not give me the option of printing anything out scan-able or even official TRU/FAO looking.

Did you just tell them the number and they keyed it in?  My raise order does not give me the option of printing anything out scan-able or even official TRU/FAO looking.

no barcode for me either. one store manager thought they were fake and carefully observed the cashier as the code was manually entered. i was also not allowed to combine them into a single GC like i can with GCM "official" GCs. the same store is also starting to get anal about partial pay.

Edited by jerryherb

Stopped by this morning and picked up the last Scooby mansion on the shelf.  $72 out the door w/ just the 20/10% combo, no GCs.  They had the Sith Infiltrator out....looks overpriced.  Friends Grand Hotel w/ discounts is a lot of bricks for the price....may have to get one of those.  New Ninjago display is just badass.  Gonna have to get all of these sets.

Edited by hepcatpunk

picked up a Big Bang (BB?) for $43+ and Scooby Mansion for $68+.  Only used the 20% off + the TRUTH 10%, since my store has clamped down on TRUTH stacking with GCs.  They actually had a few Mystery Machines in stock, but all Scooby stuff was jacked up TRU pricing.  I passed as I have some, and did not want to push the coupon use too far.  I am actually surprised they jacked up the scooby sets already, I figured we would have the usual grace period for new themes.

Do I need the TRU cc to use these coupons? I feel like I've been ignoring these TRUTH deals for way too long.

Current coupon is 15% with out cc, 20% with.  Plus you get double rewards with CC, though this becomes less of a value on 9/15...  Definitely worth it if you go in store regularly, and your credit isnt total crap.   

Edited by jay4e

picked up a Big Bang (BB?) for $43+ and Scooby Mansion for $68+.  Only used the 20% off + the TRUTH 10%, since my store has clamped down on TRUTH stacking with GCs.  They actually had a few Mystery Machines in stock, but all Scooby stuff was jacked up TRU pricing.  I passed as I have some, and did not want to push the coupon use too far.  I am actually surprised they jacked up the scooby sets already, I figured we would have the usual grace period for new themes.

Current coupon is 15% with out cc, 20% with.  Plus you get double rewards with CC.  Definitely worth it if you go in store regularly.   

I agree 100%. I don't push the GC's either. It's simple enough using them online since the coupons don't apply there.

I think the pattern is if it's for "kids" they mark it up from the get-go. If it's for adults or they are slow movers they keep it at the RRP...

Current coupon is 15% with out cc, 20% with.  Plus you get double rewards with CC, though this becomes less of a value on 9/15...  Definitely worth it if you go in store regularly, and your credit isnt total crap.   

Thanks. I don't shop at TRU enough to probably make it worthwhile, regardless. Sometimes I want to just make a list of what I need for my collection and you guys just tell me the cheapest way to acquire it. Haha

Just got back from TRU. They had the whole lego section turned around since last week.

Most interestingly they had moved all of the SW sets to the rear of the section to maximize shelf area for one theme.

They had spots set up for for the new SW sets that are coming out with prices etc. Some had green stickers on them as noted in Wall-E thread.

My TRU added an entire side aisle for lego for only scooby...for which they had only one plane, Dr who, and walle.  I got a friends hotel for 99, not in the mood for anything else...daughter already opened that one. Stacked 20 plus 10%, cashier said I can only do it once...hmm.

I did.  Would it work with the 20% off if more than one item is in a transaction?  So the 20% applies to item #1 and 15% applies to item #2?  I still don't understand the crazy world of TRU coupons.

I usually just ask the cashier if they need to be separate transactions for the coupons. I usually get different answers so I just follow whatever they want to do.
  • Like 1

My TRU is a little clueless on the FAO gift card transfer and they get defensive when you try to explain it to them.  I tried to nicely explain to them where and how discounted gift cards are acquired and they didn't care.  "You mean you buy a gift card cheaper and you want us to transfer the full amount to one of our cards?"  I did mention that someone paid full price for this card, or any of the TRU cards for this matter.

More than once I've been told by phone support that I can just take them into the store for a balance transfer, but I told them the store wouldn't honor it.  They are transferring the balances and sending me a new card.  It may just be my store.

• Like 1