TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

How is parking down there?

non-existent. however years ago when i used to drive into the city for work it was at $47 an hour at the rock (worked for AP back then). easily wiping out the "savings". Also, spiderman might steal your stuff if you dont tip his sorry a55

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 2

of course it starts just as they are cutting the rewards down to $20 a period.  maybe just bank a bunch of points to burn through for jan-march clearance time...

Maybe not.  I got this email on Saturday which seems to change what the previous notice stated the changes would be.  But I guess we'll know soon enough when the changes go into effect.  I'm taking a chance and keeping the $100 in rewards I currently have banked and we'll see if it starts issuing me $20 rewards or if I'll be able to create a larger reward later.

Some changes are coming - read about them below. View Online
Rewards
091115A_EM_RRU_Rewards_Refresh_Notificat

We will be making changes to the Rewards Program. Below is a summary of changes.

• As of 10/1/15, we will expire points after 12 months of inactivity on your account. If you haven't shopped in the past year, now's the time to take advantage of your points while you still can - just keep shopping!

• As of 9/18/15, if you don't bank your points, you'll receive a maximum of $20 in ''R''Us Rewards per fulfillment cycle. Amounts over $20 carry over to the next cycle. Log in to bank your points and receive up to $200 in "R"Us Rewards!

Maybe not.  I got this email on Saturday which seems to change what the previous notice stated the changes would be.  But I guess we'll know soon enough when the changes go into effect.  I'm taking a chance and keeping the $100 in rewards I currently have banked and we'll see if it starts issuing me $20 rewards or if I'll be able to create a larger reward later.

Some changes are coming - read about them below. View Online
Rewards
091115A_EM_RRU_Rewards_Refresh_Notificat

We will be making changes to the Rewards Program. Below is a summary of changes.

• As of 10/1/15, we will expire points after 12 months of inactivity on your account. If you haven't shopped in the past year, now's the time to take advantage of your points while you still can - just keep shopping!

• As of 9/18/15, if you don't bank your points, you'll receive a maximum of $20 in ''R''Us Rewards per fulfillment cycle. Amounts over $20 carry over to the next cycle. Log in to bank your points and receive up to $200 in "R"Us Rewards!

interesting.  got the email too but did not read it too closely.  this sounds more like they will give out $20 a period automatically (rather than $5+) unless you choose something different.  If that is the case then it really means nothing significant has changed, other than for those who never changed their settings or were set to less than $20?

Edited by jay4e

Same here ...( but I am in your region) ... surprised not more angry BP'ers posting?  I was going to make a number of stacked purchases today, but with CC not working, and customer service no help on the phone, had to limit myself to just one item, used different cc, and manager did an override to give me my 10+20% off.

Yeah same thing happened to me today.  Cashier pushed through a 10% discount on my items, but the 20% coupon would not work since I wasn't using the TRU card.  I called the card customer service while at the store and they said there was nothing wrong with my account and that it should go through.  I tried again and even manually entered my social and account info on the keypad and it kept getting declined.  TRU will be getting some bad feedback from me about this.  

Same here ...( but I am in your region) ... surprised not more angry BP'ers posting?  I was going to make a number of stacked purchases today, but with CC not working, and customer service no help on the phone, had to limit myself to just one item, used different cc, and manager did an override to give me my 10+20% off.

i did better. got 25% on one and 30% on another. plus 111 unmolested s14 ( i counted 113 but whatever. i told them) at 10%+$5 off. gonna have to battle for rewards.

Edited by jerryherb

Just got back from TRU and my TRU cc was declined as well. Cashier (whom I hadn't seen before) was very nice and tried to manually process my account (you enter in your social first) but even that didn't go through.

Ended up using regular cc and the cashier manually applied 10% 20 & 15 to my two items.

TRU store Manager said all TRU CC's are down, as my card was rejected as well. I called customer service, they informed me that the problem is every TRU CC. Customer Service said it may take 24 hrs to resolve...and if not, they were going to have to re-issue everyone new CC's.

I wonder if it has to do with the new "chip" cards. It appears that it is only the Mastercards having issues, and not the store specific cards - unless someone else can confirm?

Edited by Kevink24

apparently tru cc processing is broken at least in my region.

It started around 1:25 ET as I caught it between 2 batches of stuffs.  It was rather funny since my card worked fine on the 1st swipe but then got declined 3 minutes later.

I called the number and the person was aware of problem with TRU POS

Interesting, I tried earlier than that (about an hour, I'm guessing) and was declined. Called CS number, was automatically reminded that I have a new card they sent me that I need to activate, figured that was the issue, system didn't want to accept my old card... maybe not... going to take the new card and give it a shot soon. This is in TX btw.

TRU store Manager said all TRU CC's are down, as my card was rejected as well. I called customer service, they informed me that the problem is every TRU CC. Said it may take 24 hrs to resolve...and if not, they were going to have to re-issue everyone new CC's.

WAT

What sort of monkey business is this? So either the issuer has gone bananas and broke irrevocably their system which would mean the association (Mastercard themselves) is rejecting the cards or TRU themselves have done something weird and daft with their systems. Has anyone tried the card at a different vendor?

hacking script kiddies? there goes my credit score... i wonder what the media has to say about that tomorrow... btw mcdonough distribution center has has really cheap and low end systems, i dont know who buys step above home computers for enterprise purpose.... wouldnt be surprised if their management is as inept as a lot of their workforce, which then applies to security. 

Edited by jerryherb

WAT

What sort of monkey business is this? So either the issuer has gone bananas and broke irrevocably their system which would mean the association (Mastercard themselves) is rejecting the cards or TRU themselves have done something weird and daft with their systems. Has anyone tried the card at a different vendor?

their POS system still processes other CCs just not TRUCCs. what the low level CS rep told me is that the issue is on TRU end, but who knows... its what i heard from Synchrony employee.

Edited by jerryherb

WAT

I was surprised to hear that they may have to replace the cards too. Not sure if she (the customer service rep) was just throwing out things that they were looking at. But she could not give me a definite answer on the issue, or when it would be resolved and would not inform me (phone call, text or e-mail) when the issue was resolved. 

Said that I should call the store later and find out if other people were still being rejected throughout the day...I just shook my head and was done with the call.

Edited by Kevink24