TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Interesting, I tried earlier than that (about an hour, I'm guessing) and was declined. Called CS number, was automatically reminded that I have a new card they sent me that I need to activate, figured that was the issue, system didn't want to accept my old card... maybe not... going to take the new card and give it a shot soon. This is in TX btw.

I used new chipped card

I used my TRU chipped MasterCard at Walmart at around 12:30pm ET with no issues...

The cc person told me the problem was with TRU POS and the card should work anywhere else.  I have not had the chance to test it though

• Like 1

interestingly by 2PM i was only the second person to use a TRUCC on thursday in the entire store. makes you wonder how few people actually are savvy enough to save 10% and use coupons tied to TRUCC to save even more money. the staff didnt even know their processing system was down until i called the card people

Edited by jerryherb

Had a scary moment today when my entire TRUTH life flashed before my eyes. Upon presenting my coupons at checkout the guy gave them a good hard look (which never happens at the store I go to). He says he's going to have to check on them as they've been having a lot of coupon issues lately - they may not be able to take them. He's radios his manager to come check it out.

:phew: This is it, I think, my TRUTH days are over. I start reminiscing about all of the great buys I've made, the stacking, the gift cards, the magic of it all. All over. The manager comes up, takes a quick looks and says yeah, no problem.

Sometimes it takes a close call like that for you to stop and really appreciate what a good thing you've got. I love you TRUTH, don't ever quit on me :hug:

In other news, no credit card issues to reoprt

• Like 4

Guy at my store says the reason the fiasco today was b/c of the new chip cards TRU sent out.  The new ones are fine, but they cancelled/voided the old ones at the POS systems in store.......or something like that.  So the old cards won't work at TRU....or something like that.

Got another Ecto-1.

Edited by hepcatpunk

Guy at my store says the reason the fiasco today was b/c of the new chip cards TRU sent out.  The new ones are fine, but they cancelled/voided the old ones at the POS systems in store.......or something like that.  So the old cards won't work at TRU....or something like that.

Got another Ecto-1.

My new one hasn't worked online both times I tried it. 

did U activate that ? ( happened to me before, lol)

my new card worked just fine 

Yeah, it worked in the store last week.  Last month I I had 2 orders suspended and 2 days later they all went through.  Of course they were all the same order so I had to cancel them.  I guess I will give TRU a call again.  By that time, there will be no bats available.

Called TRU and of course they were no help again.  Said to call the credit card company. 

Edited by stackables

i was told on the phone with CS for TRUCC that because of the fiasco yesterday (dont know if the cards work already or not) i can ask the store managers to honor the 10% thu another day. if the store refuses, TRUCC processor would honor it, just have to call them.  there was not mention of whether it was chip/no chip issue

Edited by jerryherb

yup, even did it last night x2 at babiesRus ... just show them the coupons ... then they wiil scan them both and they look at their registers to see if it will go thru ... if the registers let it then good ... no asking for manager override or nothing because all registers will let it go ...