LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

I honestly dont think them flooding the market for a 2 day period is really going to affect much. After today the price will go back up at LEGO. I think only huge LEGO fans are really shopping for this. There are so many people in this world that dont know about this. Not to mention the price wont go down unless people start dumping them for a horribly low profit. I tried to buy 10, let see what happens. I wouldnt sell mine under $175. I dont think people will price is really low. They want to make something. SO, all in all, the price will only go down if people allow it too. Not to mention, wait near Christmas if you have to, you will get your $$$$ eventually. Thoughts

I agree, plus, since all of us will be receiving these at different times, so the eBay market won't be flooded at the exact same time, and prices will probably stay the same. International buyers didn't get the same deal so you can sell it to them and they will likely pay more than a USA seller because they have higher prices than us.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, plus, since all of us will be receiving these at different times, so the eBay market won't be flooded at the exact same time, and prices will probably stay the same. International buyers didn't get the same deal so you can sell it to them and they will likely pay more than a USA seller because they have higher prices than us. I'm just wondering why anyone would sell a 10227 for $175, even if you bought it at $100? If people are patient, this set can easily hit $300 soon after EOL? People won't remember this set sold for $100 for two days. Too many people around here are selling too early, looking for a small, quick profit. Just my 3 cents.

What did the guy say? I'm guessing he was a LEGO customer-service rep, right?

right......the last person I wanted to discuss that with was a s@h rep. He brought it up and said they are taking steps to eliminate "unauthorized" resellers lol I was done talking to him after that. He also said I was extremely lucky to even have a backordered status.

Word round the campfire in other forums suggests that this sale may have been some sort of trap set by Lego to help them identify resellers. It's all conjecture, of course. But setting a limit of five, then sending most of the orders through customer service, then putting some of them on backorder, has some guys out there on edge. And after all, the B-wing was designed by Admiral Ackbar. It's a trap! I dunno, what do yall think?

Just received an email from Lego that the B-Wing is out of stock, and will take longer to receive my product. I had an email confirmation, and placed my order at 12:04am...Did anyone else get an email?

Same here, I ordered five right after midnight and got a backorder status email. If I was a betting man I wouldn't bet that very many people see five of these all at once.

The trap theory is pretty interesting.

If LEGO restricts sales and discriminates against buyers, when the buyers follow all the rules presented, LEGO stands to be sued. Plain and simple. How can you restrict or punish buyers if you have zero proof of reselling? Owning 5 B-Wings is illegal now? Reselling is illegal? LEGO made their money on the set. I think it's more like LEGO is having issues processing orders.

I'm just wondering why anyone would sell a 10227 for $175, even if you bought it at $100? If people are patient, this set can easily hit $300 soon after EOL? People won't remember this set sold for $100 for two days. Too many people around here are selling too early, looking for a small, quick profit. Just my 3 cents.

Some people just are not patient at all, and then maybe others simply can't sit on a number of items this large to store for a couple of years. You never know. I would sit on the B-Wing for at least two years or when it hits close to $300 on average.

Word round the campfire in other forums suggests that this sale may have been some sort of trap set by Lego to help them identify resellers. It's all conjecture, of course. But setting a limit of five, then sending most of the orders through customer service, then putting some of them on backorder, has some guys out there on edge. And after all, the B-wing was designed by Admiral Ackbar. It's a trap! I dunno, what do yall think?

I would bet that this is just ludicrous paranoia.

Some people just are not patient at all, and then maybe others simply can't sit on a number of items this large to store for a couple of years. You never know. I would sit on the B-Wing for at least two years or when it hits close to $300 on average.

The people who sell online full-time will probably sell quicker than the people who resell on the side as a hobby.

If LEGO restricts sales and discriminates against buyers, when the buyers follow all the rules presented, LEGO stands to be sued. Plain and simple.

How can you restrict or punish buyers if you have zero proof of reselling? Owning 5 B-Wings is illegal now? Reselling is illegal? LEGO made their money on the set. I think it's more like LEGO is having issues processing orders.

They can't even punish if there is proof of reselling.

I think it's just some customer service guy mouthing off. This sounds a lot more like ones of those deals where the guilty dog barks the loudest...meaning that I'm guessing a ton of people employed by LEGO resell on the side.

I think nonsense. Most of the hardcore resellers are probably not buying most of their items from LEGO, because that's not where the best discounts will be found.

So here is how it went for me at the Lego store in California. I got there about 30 minutes before opening and found one guy in line. I went with my kids and we played on the escalators since the mall wasn't open yet. When we returned, found two guys standing there. I took my place as third in line and waited 20 minutes until opening. By the time the store opened, there were about 20 people in line. We walked calmly in and there were only three B wings on the shelf! The first two guys handed me the third and said they only wanted one (which was nice and made me feel just a tad guilty for wanting more than one!) I had talked to employees all week who guaranteed me they had A LOT in stock. I was surprised to only see three. As we asked the woman who worked there if they had more, she said yes and started walking to the back where she said she had lots back there. She started coming out with three in hand and offering one to anyone who didn't have one yet. I waited... And she made the trip back and forth about ten times. At about trip nine, I asked for another and was given a second box. I already heard the other employee say they would only be selling two per customer so I was happy to get the second. After they ran out, I told her another employee told me about another storage spot onsite where they had dozens upon dozens more. She quickly remembered and agreed but because the store now had a line wrapped around the store, she told everyone else waiting that she had to help people with the register but would go get more when the line became smaller. I grabbed a 10% off y-wing (not advertised!), an R2-D2 UCS, and the new UCS XWing. Needless to say I spent a pretty penny and probably had the most boxes at the register. Not bad for my first foray into Lego collecting! As I paid, I had to ask for the Han Solo figure and poster and realized they hadn't been giving them out to others as they paid (she said, "oh yeah! Almost forgot about those!") Seriously?? So on a day when they had a line at opening, they had two employees, 3 BWings on the floor, 30 in back, and 30+ outside (which they didn't have the staff to retrieve). I was seriously surprised at how unprepared they were for the volume and demand! Above all though, as was said earlier, my kids had fun (they didn't give us yoda hats but we saw some kids with, and most without), the kids played with the Legos at the store and were excited with my purchase (they are 4, 2 years old and 2 months old, so this was a cool adventure for them!) That, paired with my 2 from TRU online at 4am, made it an exciting and successful May the 4th Lego adventure! And with regards to the drama here, I was amused but trying to watch for threads on topic. Really surprised how emotional it became. I took the founders advice and kept scouring and committed to the store trip to get my hands on some b wings, just in case. Thanks to all who helped! Great advice, great tips and great site! I'm a huge fan!

I'm just wondering why anyone would sell a 10227 for $175, even if you bought it at $100? If people are patient, this set can easily hit $300 soon after EOL? People won't remember this set sold for $100 for two days. Too many people around here are selling too early, looking for a small, quick profit. Just my 3 cents.

Yeah, that's stupidly low, but I promise you you'll see it within a week for even less.

I was going to get 8 more but only grabbed 3 more, so I have exactly 5 at this point. My selling point is in the range of $219.99 to $229.99, which will put me comfortably at a 30%+ return, even with overestimating the cost of shipping. That's probably way lower than many of you will sell these for, and honestly, you want me selling mine at that price, as it means a few more leave the market and yours become more valuable.

I got an email from Customer Service just saying they had so many orders they needed time to process them and to make sure all were following the rules..

Sorry, just got in from long day on the soccer pitch and watching Isles lose to Pens in OT. Just checked my order status of B Wings from Saturday 1230AM and it says Backordered. Am I out of luck or are they rolling through the tons of orders? If so, lucky I bought 1 at the store the next day, but would have bought 1 more if I thought order wouldn't be filled. Ideas?

Sorry, just got in from long day on the soccer pitch and watching Isles lose to Pens in OT. Just checked my order status of B Wings from Saturday 1230AM and it says Backordered. Am I out of luck or are they rolling through the tons of orders? If so, lucky I bought 1 at the store the next day, but would have bought 1 more if I thought order wouldn't be filled. Ideas?

the rep told me if your order says backordered that it will be shipped on 17 May.

the rep told me if your order says backordered that it will be shipped on 17 May.

You guys cease to amaze me with answers for everything Lego! Thanks Stephen for the update!

Built my b wing yesterday It is a very fun build....however once it's built it's a ticking time bomb I moved it and one piece fell off. In an attempt to repair a wing fell off. Them the middle became loose because the wing pulled the pieces a part It's currently sitting on me table wingless But yeah now I know why it got terrible reviews.... Still a great display with all the wings!