LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

missed out on the sale last night and early morning because i had to work. glad i did after reading through this entire thread. wow. i just ordered two b-wings from shop at home. it is 4:00 cst. got both confirmations already. it's all good! no need to get your panties in a bunch, people. yes we do love these little bricks, whether it be for building, playing, investing, or a combination of reasons, but remember, they are just toys! you can't take them with you when you are pushing up daisies. the dude abides!

I'm tired of this site and members being called names and being accused of crooked schemes and activities.

I understand where your coming from, but then you have this clown

But rules are meant to be broken. In my instance... 27 times :D

and others like him gloating about breaking rules and circumventting the purchase limits to the detrament of everyone, so i'm not sure what you expect.

congratulations to all who got some great deals today and enjoyed fun times with your kids. Was at the Lego store yesterday with my son he had $50 to spend, he was so excited. Walked around the store at least 6 times showing me everything, proud papa moment for me. I was able to order the B-wings from LEGO Shop at Home as well so all is good. It is just a brick people just a brick.

congratulations to all who got some great deals today and enjoyed fun times with your kids. Was at the Lego store yesterday with my son he had $50 to spend, he was so excited. Walked around the store at least 6 times showing me everything, proud papa moment for me. I was able to order the B-wings from S@H as well so all is good. It is just a brick people just a brick.

+1

Guest AnnexBrett

I dont know why people are whining? 10227 still can be purchased for the offered 50% off on LEGO Shop at Home, but it will ship in two weeks...does it really matter if you buying it for investment? hm... BTW...the new UCS X-wing is humongous!! Nice looking set!

Guest ph4tb0i

Off topic, while everybody was busy snatching up the B-Wing I went craigslist hunting. Scored a hogwart's express for $60 MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm curious to hear the experience of folks who visited a Lego Store today in hopes of scoring another or first B-Wing? How did things go?

WHen i saw it was sold out online i called lego store they told me they have a line and cant hold one for me i rushed there and they told me that its sold out...then in evening it came in stock at lego.com

Off topic, while everybody was busy snatching up the B-Wing I went craigslist hunting. Scored a hogwart's express for $60 MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the chuckle, super jealous, not as jealous as those mooks that scored the Hogwarts/Hagrid bundle on Walmart that I had been checking FOR MONTHS, but thanks for the laugh! Would rather have express then flimsy fragile B wing.

Guest AnnexBrett

Little bit off regarding this 10227 B-wing shopping madness; I placed two orders roughly 20 hrs apart. My second order number is 12000 higher than the first- meaningly 12000 orders were placed and confirmed between my two. And I think the order confirmation numbers are regional since they all have a letter starting with (mine always 'Y' in canada). Can you guys imagine how many orders went thru on LEGO Shop at Home in just 24hrs...?!!

Little bit off regarding this 10227 B-wing shopping madness; I placed two orders roughly 20 hrs apart. My second order number is 12000 higher than the first- meaningly 12000 orders were placed and confirmed between my two. And I think the order confirmation numbers are regional since they all have a letter starting with (mine always 'Y' in canada).

Can you guys imagine how many orders went thru on LEGO Shop at Home in just 24hrs...?!!

All 5 of my orders from last night, when the deal was live, went from Y395xxxxxx to Y407xxxxxx. Not sure the order numbers are sequential, or they had around 12 million orders during the first hour..

All 5 of my orders from last night, when the deal was live, went from Y395xxxxxx to Y407xxxxxx. Not sure the order numbers are sequential, or they had around 12 million orders during the first hour..

Order numbers and the like are often some sort of code, not necessarily sequential. Still, it makes you wonder, doesn't it? How many DID they sell?

Order numbers and the like are often some sort of code, not necessarily sequential. Still, it makes you wonder, doesn't it? How many DID they sell?

They sold a TON of them! Problem is I have no clue how many a TON is in this case haha

Guest AnnexBrett

Maybe not in sequence than :)...I was just wondering... maybe not 12 miliion but a LOT of orders must have gone thru...!

Guest AnnexBrett

Who was the first placing the order on this almost already legendary sale? I am sure s/he is a member here!! I thought I was quick with mine being confirmed via email on 05/04/2013 @ 12:04AM.

I am pretty worried about this set now, it was one thing when they had a limited inventory that sold out in an hour, but now with them selling an indefinite number of them over the next 24 hours, there will be a TON of them. There has never been a sale like this before, especially not with a cap of 5 per customer, I wonder how many have been hoarded away by collectors and investors alike now.

I am pretty worried about this set now, it was one thing when they had a limited inventory that sold out in an hour, but now with them selling an indefinite number of them over the next 24 hours, there will be a TON of them. There has never been a sale like this before, especially not with a cap of 5 per customer, I wonder how many have been hoarded away by collectors and investors alike now.

Yep, I cannot agree with you more. I think this extended sales period is great for builders and collectors, but can also flooded the market to the point where it no longer makes sense for investors to buy more, even at 50% off. Demand in secondary market will be less since lots of AFOL who wants this have ordered one (or more), and also lots of investors have stockpiled it. The more people order now, the worst the supply and demand goes out of whack.

Yep, I cannot agree with you more. I think this extended sales period is great for builders and collectors, but can also flooded the market to the point where it no longer makes sense for investors to buy more, even at 50% off. Demand in secondary market will be less since lots of AFOL who wants this have ordered one (or more), and also lots of investors have stockpiled it. The more people order now, the worst the supply and demand goes out of whack.

The silver lining to the whole situation is that AFOLs continue to come out of their dark ages every day thus demand should always be present. While current collectors/builders got their fill, the future builders will need people like us :-)