LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

Probably not quite the best analagy considering he got blown up, but I agree with what your striving for. Can we please get some sanity back up in here? This is absolutely absurd how the thread has become completely out of whack.

anyway, i wonder if anyone is selling a t-shirt w/ the pic below during "May the Forth". that would be cool.

That would be rather geektastic if I say so myself.I think you can just get that picture screen printed on a T-shirt right?

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i simply made $99 B-Wing orders at TRU online.

update: i will miss out on the Hoth Solo mini but life isn't perfect.

Thanks for the heads up man, I totally forgot to check TRU. Now I have 2 x $99 B-Wings on their way to me. They don't international ship the little free fighter, but never mind.

Looking forward to stories of carnage at the Lego stores in a few hours :)

Will be very interesting to see what this sale does to secondary prices, I'll be watching with interest.

I am a little wary of all this, so many B wings going for so cheap, I ordered a bunch, I may have buyers remorse and return mine in a few days after I see them going for $130 on ebay, In a way, I am excited to see what happens to the price of this set in the coming months, I would love to know how much it will bounce back over time and how long it will take. Has there ever been a 50% off promo of a set this large before?

By the way, for everyone complaining about missing this deal, do you all complain about missing black Friday deals as well? This is a very limited event, those who wait in line, those who are ready ahead of time, get the worm, those who aren't able to be ready and get it, loose, its just how it works. These sort of events really reward big time fans and generate a lot of hype, a lot of it is just about the excitement of the event. I am little disappointed that Lego and TRU allowed bastards like me and my wife to purchase 14 of these, but who am I to turn down a free lunch. It would have been much better to have a limit of one, but oh well.

Thanks for the heads up man, I totally forgot to check TRU. Now I have 2 x $99 B-Wings on their way to me. They don't international ship the little free fighter, but never mind.

Looking forward to stories of carnage at the Lego stores in a few hours :)

Will be very interesting to see what this sale does to secondary prices, I'll be watching with interest.

TRU HAS THEM AT $99! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

I am a little wary of all this, so many B wings going for so cheap, I ordered a bunch, I may have buyers remorse and return mine in a few days after I see them going for $130 on ebay, In a way, I am excited to see what happens to the price of this set in the coming months, I would love to know how much it will bounce back over time and how long it will take.

Has there ever been a 50% off promo of a set this large before?

The people who get them this morning in store will be the ones who set the bar on EBay......the online purchasers have to wait till the middle of the week at the earliest....... Mine are long term.investments so doesnt matter to me.

Someone point me in the general direction of a link to delete my account.

I will gladly delete your account an IP ban you if so desired, I wouldn't want you to enjoy any of our content in secret. But consider this, TRU has this set for $99 as well and I know this because of a member of this site, I'm sure someone who failed to get one last night can now obtain one. Maybe the individual who originally protested can get one, which would be nice.

The only people I feel sorry for not getting this deal are non-US residents, who didn't get the same opportunity as the US citizens. Our intentions here are two fold...make money from LEGO investing and enjoy the hobby while doing it. I find our community shares many ideas and deals with one another so that everyone can benefit, even you. I take great offense to your accusations and I know there are many like you who have a disdain for what we offer here. Too bad. Most people who feel that way are either misinformed or ignorant. Many people who badmouth us are closet fans, too afraid to admit they value the site.

Whatever...It's your decision. Stay or go away. Let me know...

I was thinking about this last night after the madness. Could the reason behind S&**** selling out so quickly was they shipped the lion share of their b-wing stock to B&M stores? If I recall correctly one member stated that his store is supposed to have 60. I'm going to be really intersted in seeing how the day turns out.

Wow, just getting up this morning after celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary last night. Needless to say, I wasn't out getting B-Wings.;-) Sadly, I didn't get the set, really only wanted one, but oh well. Really surprised at all the hatred being spewed last night. Really??? If you're in the U.S., and didn't get one, I'm sorry, but we all knew about this sale for days now. For the guys and gals across the pond that didn't get this deal, I'm sorry. It was a good deal and you guys did kind of get screwed. Maybe only the US warehouses had them up to their ears and they were selling better your way, I don't know. But you know all those Sun promotions you get over there? We don't get those. So you win some, you lose some. With the set's fragility, I'm really wondering if they are coming out with a new version and were purging the old one. Anyway, thanks for the info for the TRU sale, I'll check that out and see if they still have any, everyone else still awake from last night, have a drink, and settle down. No need to have a coronary over a set you probably didn't want in the first place until it was 50% off.

Wow, just getting up this morning after celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary last night. Needless to say, I wasn't out getting B-Wings.;-) Sadly, I didn't get the set, really only wanted one, but oh well. Really surprised at all the hatred being spewed last night. Really??? If you're in the U.S., and didn't get one, I'm sorry, but we all knew about this sale for days now. For the guys and gals across the pond that didn't get this deal, I'm sorry. It was a good deal and you guys did kind of get screwed. Maybe only the US warehouses had them up to their ears and they were selling better your way, I don't know. But you know all those Sun promotions you get over there? We don't get those. So you win some, you lose some. With the set's fragility, I'm really wondering if they are coming out with a new version and were purging the old one. Anyway, thanks for the info for the TRU sale, I'll check that out and see if they still have any, everyone else still awake from last night, have a drink, and settle down. No need to have a coronary over a set you probably didn't want in the first place until it was 50% off.

Here here! Well said my friend.

I ordered a few more. Hope the website gets credit :)

I appreciate that, as long as you clicked on that link or any of the links we posted for some of these specials, we should get some credit and helps out. We always are amazed how many people avoid clicking the links, but yet come back and say "We bought 2 or 3 or 5" Thats great, but it didn't do anything for the site %-P

I appreciate that, as long as you clicked on that link or any of the links we posted for some of these specials, we should get some credit and helps out. We always are amazed how many people avoid clicking the links, but yet come back and say "We bought 2 or 3 or 5" Thats great, but it didn't do anything for the site %-P

Super. Long live the Brickpicker Clickthru. :)

I usually click on them everyday with different IP if that helps :P

Not that I can buy any from those pages but who cares :D