LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're serious, I might do that. I missed out on those. Yeah, I'm serious, the main reason is because I think I can sell that B-Wing easier here, theres a huge fanbase of Star Wars here in my country than HP fans.

I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure I did it right. Please let me know if you got it or not. :)

Got it :).

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the set?

Jeff and I work damn hard to give the LEGO fan a quality resource here for FREE and to complain about people hoarding sets is a joke. It's a commodity, plain and simple. Buy low, sell high. Make money from it and enjoy it as a hobby as well. Why are you even here if you don't care about making money from LEGO sets or their values? There are a lot of hypocrites who want to preach about the purity of the LEGO hobby and want to badmouth this site and our members, yet these same hypocrites are on the site everyday checking the values of their sets. If you don't understand what we offer here, sorry. There are plenty of other forums that talk about non monetary LEGO topics.

Post of the year!!!!!!

Second that!!

Ugh still waiting on my confirmation email and I ordered at 12:04 est.

What does "customer service" mean on the status line of my lego.com order confirmation page?

Usually means they're looking into it or there's a problem. It happened to me before so I called Lego and they figured it out over the phone.

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the purchase?

Jeff and I work damn hard to give the LEGO fan a quality resource here for FREE and to complain about people hoarding sets is a joke. It's a commodity, plain and simple. Buy low, sell high. Make money from it and enjoy it as a hobby as well. Why are you even here if you don't care about making money from LEGO sets or their values? There are a lot of hypocrites who want to preach about the purity of the LEGO hobby and want to badmouth this site and our members, yet these same hypocrites are on the site everyday checking the values of their sets. If you don't understand what we offer here, sorry. There are plenty of other forums that talk about non monetary LEGO topics.

Amen!

I didn't call you out for investing in Lego. I didn't chastise you for buying 5 sets. And I certainly didn't ask for ANOTHER lecture. What I did was point out that the guy was upset he missed out, and you guys kicked him while he was down. Goodbye.

What I did was point out that the guy was upset he missed out, and you guys kicked him while he was down. Goodbye.

Yes, yes you did, along with these opinions as well: "I am ashamed we occupy the same space" & "I gotta say a lot of you are unsympathetic bastards". You clearly think highly of yourself, were you actually expecting anything but a lecture?

The guy calling everyone "greedy SOBs" doesn't illicit positive reinforcement either. And on top of it, we're all tired of the self entitlement when opportunities are missed. Especially in this case where the discounted B-Wing was open to EVERYONE.

my friends, we all just need to sit back, relax, and drink something. Items sell out. It happens all the time. life goes on...

after a rough "may 3rd" with my 6 month old daughter (doc visit with 4 vaccinations after her being sick on and off for the last 3 weeks) , i was too tired and didn't hear my "may 4th - 12am" alarm go off. i won't even mention how crazy my job lately. anyway...

so i missed my iphone alarm but my daughter woke up the wife and myself at 2:45am. she had a fever and was hungry. so after helping the wife, my daughter, and checking on my 3 yr old son, i simply made $99 B-Wing orders at TRU online.

update: i will miss out on the Hoth Solo mini but life isn't perfect.

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the purchase?

I totally agree with you Ed. Business is business and if someone doesn't put in the same effort as the others it's only normal to come up empty handed. Everyone on this forum earns money and spends money - what they spend it and how it's their business and no one elses.

The Mack brothers are in my opinion great guys who decided to put a lot of effort and share their passion for LEGOs with all of us. The work they put into this site is enormous and we can only thank them. Many of us simply don't have the time to build a lot of sets, but we're here for the thrill of the hunt for sets and perhaps make some extra profit. I love this site and I'm checking it on a daily basis. If someone doesn't like it... well... you know what you can do :D

oh I see I'm supposed to feel guilty because I live in the US and get better LEGO deals. I get it now.

That was pointed to the guy complaining the stock was sold before he purchased one not you :)

Need to get it better really ;)

The question was if you like May the 4th Specials and I voted no because I dont like it either for US or for EU regardless :)

It was obvious they will choose the least known of the ships compared to SSD/DS etc... so i am disappointed... sure the 50% off is a good deal but overall the discounts are lame 10% off?

oh I see I'm supposed to feel guilty because I live in the US and get better LEGO deals. I get it now.

That was pointed to the guy complaining the stock was sold before he purchased one not you :)

The question was if you like May the 4th Specials and I voted no because I dont like it either for US or for EU regardless :)

OK but my comment still holds true......you can never please everyone all the time, a discount is a discount is a discount, LEGO has no obligation to discount their sets EVER. So not sure why people can't be happy when they get any % discount. If getting Lego at steeper discounts is so important then I suggest moving to the US. Probably not a viable option for most, so why complain???

OK but my comment still holds true......you can never please everyone all the time, a discount is a discount is a discount, LEGO has no obligation to discount their sets EVER. So not sure why people can't be happy when they get any % discount. If getting Lego at steeper discounts is so important then I suggest moving to the US. Probably not a viable option for most, so why complain???

When other shops discount 90% of what they discounted (from sets) more and better ofcourse you would feel disappointed.

Apart from B-wing on 50% off I would almost bet any other LEGO set was/and could be found CHEAPER in other stores (especially in US)

Thing is I did not complain, I voted that I do not like discounts or offers and that was it... Cant be bother to complain to TLG at all.

Ofcourse you can never please everyone hence the vote offer ''NO'' I dont understand how voting NO is a problem or wrong, if you want everyone to agree simply put 1 vote option or 2x YES....

Shouldn't all this anger be directed at TLG for not having sufficient stock of B-wings on hand to meet the demand? Selling out in less than an hour, when the sale went live at midnight EST on a Friday no less, is a slap in the face to Lego fans and investors alike. It's going to be chaos tomorrow morning when the stores open too. Lego really needed to limit this sale to one per customer/household...

fellas, "stay on target, stay on target"

Probably not quite the best analagy considering he got blown up, but I agree with what your striving for. Can we please get some sanity back up in here? This is absolutely absurd how the thread has become completely out of whack.

anyway, i wonder if anyone is selling a t-shirt w/ the pic below during "May the Forth". that would be cool.

That would be rather geektastic if I say so myself.