LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

Guest ph4tb0i

I notice the confirmation emails aren't coming through yet. But maybe that's just me.

I sure wouldn't want to be working in their warehouse the next few days... :P

Better than some canadian retailers that queue you through a 20 minute "virtual checkout" before you can pay for your order..

Very impressed. Thanks Lego + Brickpicker! =D

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it in my head that I was gonna rush out and buy two of these, but now I'm not so sure. Here are some facts

1. There are only 47 sold listings on ebay. So about 15 per month.

2. The average sale seems to be 180 with free shipping.

3. The whole Lego community tends to agree it's a crap set. Who ever heard of a 200 dollar ucs set falling apart??

An unremarkable toy is still unremarkable when it's 50% off. And who needs another han solo? This is my first May the 4th since coming out of my dark ages, and I am woefully disappointed. I'm staying home. Just my $.02.

Even if all of this is true - if you can flip one in the next couple of months and net at least $150, then you're still holding a 2nd one for roughly $50, which for the pieces alone is a good investment. Period.

Guest ph4tb0i

Just got both confirmations. Not sure if this is an indication of the volume Lego was dealing with but the #s on my confirmations were apart by 10073. Orders were confirmed 22 minutes apart.

Even if all of this is true - if you can flip one in the next couple of months and net at least $150, then you're still holding a 2nd one for roughly $50, which for the pieces alone is a good investment. Period.

Parts value alone is way worth it. I checked. ;)

Okay, maybe crap was a bit of a harsh judgement. And the B-wing was always one of my fave ships, even over the x-wing.... Maybe I'll get one to build and hope it stays in one piece. By the way, anyone else concerned about how quickly these sold out? Maybe Lego only put aside half their inventory for this sale. Either way, the hype alone will almost guarantee an increase in b-wing sales at retail in the coming weeks.

I am guessing they wanted to eradicate their stock so they can release a revised version at a $150 price point. And it got great press and will get people into the stores tomorrow to buy other goodies.

I picked up one to build, it's a beautiful set on display. But I didn't think it was a good investment. Too new and too many unknowns this early.

I personally think they wanted to give people a good deal for star wars day.......I'm naive like that sometimes though.

Guest ph4tb0i

All I wanted was one B-wing. Thanks a lot to all of those people that gobbled up more than 5. So much for just wanting one for my collection. Greedy SOB's.

Everybody on every Lego forum on the planet was talking about this for the last week or so....

You can always try the stores tomorrow.. :)

Okay, maybe crap was a bit of a harsh judgement. And the B-wing was always one of my fave ships, even over the x-wing.... Maybe I'll get one to build and hope it stays in one piece. By the way, anyone else concerned about how quickly these sold out? Maybe Lego only put aside half their inventory for this sale. Either way, the hype alone will almost guarantee an increase in b-wing sales at retail in the coming weeks.

I'm actually much less nervous that they sold out so fast. I'm nervous enough about over saturation with this set and too many investors owning it compared to builders. I'm gonna draw the line at five sets and hold onto them for a good five years.

I'm actually much less nervous that they sold out so fast. I'm nervous enough about over saturation with this set and too many investors owning it compared to builders. I'm gonna draw the line at five sets and hold onto them for a good five years.

I have a strange feeling it may open up again at different points through the weekend, so if you didn't get one, keep checking here or on LEGO to see if happens. Maybe they just shut it down and at some other point tomorrow and Sunday will sell another 1000 or so. Who knows, just a thought.

I personally think they wanted to give people a good deal for star wars day.......I'm naive like that sometimes though.

You can say what you want about how unappreciative everyone is, but the fact remains that Lego neverrrrrr discounts, and when they do, they discount their least popular set. A company with its customers' satisfaction in mind would discount something people have been waiting to buy but can't afford at full retail, like R2, SSD, the falcon, a brand new x-wing, etc. Let's not let our love of their little bricks delude us into thinking TLG is generous. They are not. They're the most expensive place to buy their own products.