LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to get only maybe like 1 or 2, but then it's hard to pass up a deal like this, so got total of 5 in 4 transactions. Sure was hoping for some other great deals, but not much else. The 10% on the other SW sets isn't much when I can get a better deal on Amazon. I did notice that Amazon dropped the B-wing price by 8% today (er, yesterday for you on the East coast). Miro

Guest ph4tb0i

I feel sorry for the kid whose parent(s) put them to sleep early tonight and promised to order one tomorrow, only to have it sold out everywhere because of bastards like us.. =P

Steakyboy, I think they might let the coupons slide..

Kermando, thanks for following my thread! Preciate it! I bought 2 online, eating the $40 in coupons. My son and I will make a morning of it and head to the store bright and early with coupons in hand. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for response!

Need to find some way of getting around the regional restriction! Might just try using a different freight forward company, but most likely my order will be cancelled... grrr! I guess some of you can make easy money though if you flip them on Ebay to international buyers who can't access the deal. :)

Guest ph4tb0i

what's even more amazing is Lego's site didn't even spaz out despite the massive flurry of people buying b-wings.

I had it in my head that I was gonna rush out and buy two of these, but now I'm not so sure. Here are some facts 1. There are only 47 sold listings on ebay. So about 15 per month. 2. The average sale seems to be 180 with free shipping. 3. The whole Lego community tends to agree it's a crap set. Who ever heard of a 200 dollar ucs set falling apart?? An unremarkable toy is still unremarkable when it's 50% off. And who needs another han solo? This is my first May the 4th since coming out of my dark ages, and I am woefully disappointed. I'm staying home. Just my $.02.

I had the 10 shipped to 2 different address's. I could get a few more with another card, but will go to Annapolis Lego Store in the morning so I can do all seperate transactions, plus I have coupons, so with points and coupon I will be picking up 1-2 more Tower Bridges. "Anybody that is trying to flip them just to make $20-$30 I Think is not wise. So you make $100-$150 but now you don't have anymore. Instead hold on to them for a few years and make $500 and up. I no it will be hard for some people to do, the key is don't crack under pressure, in the next few days there will be about 300 of these on ebay. Ed

Sold out... Call to check product availability

Ah crud, it is to. Had 2 in my cart and then went to checkout... poof, gone! Ah well, probably would have worked.

Anyone wanna sell me one for $101 and make a quick buck, lols :)

I had it in my head that I was gonna rush out and buy two of these, but now I'm not so sure. Here are some facts

1. There are only 47 sold listings on ebay. So about 15 per month.

2. The average sale seems to be 180 with free shipping.

3. The whole Lego community tends to agree it's a crap set. Who ever heard of a 200 dollar ucs set falling apart??

An unremarkable toy is still unremarkable when it's 50% off. And who needs another han solo? This is my first May the 4th since coming out of my dark ages, and I am woefully disappointed. I'm staying home. Just my $.02.

I love the set, so I beg to differ.

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm seriously wondering if this means that B-Wing is officially done or are they going to re-release a less "fragile" set... *crosses fingers B-Wing goes to the old folks home*

what's even more amazing is Lego's site didn't even spaz out despite the massive flurry of people buying b-wings.

I notice the confirmation emails aren't coming through yet. But maybe that's just me.

I sure wouldn't want to be working in their warehouse the next few days... :P

I had it in my head that I was gonna rush out and buy two of these, but now I'm not so sure. Here are some facts

1. There are only 47 sold listings on ebay. So about 15 per month.

2. The average sale seems to be 180 with free shipping.

3. The whole Lego community tends to agree it's a crap set. Who ever heard of a 200 dollar ucs set falling apart??

An unremarkable toy is still unremarkable when it's 50% off. And who needs another han solo? This is my first May the 4th since coming out of my dark ages, and I am woefully disappointed. I'm staying home. Just my $.02.

I understand what you are saying, but I (my opinion) still think it is a very cool set. I am in no rush and will keep them for however long it takes. I really don't think it should be considered a "crap" set