LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

Do you guys think that Lego would be making more specials like this? Maybe its just one set but doing a 50 percent discount from Lego itself for a big set sounds kind of crazy.

Half off a UCS set is practically unheard of, at least to me it is. Like you said, that high of a discount by the company is odd but would be great if it did happen more often.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective its just a marketing thing for Star Wars items.

May the 4th be with you......May the Force be with you :cheese:

May is basically Star Wars month, so I give my friends crap who were married in May and therefore always have to juggle their anniversary with all the Star Wars events. It has interfered with Star Wars Celebration countless times, until they started having them in Orlando in August. Yes, most of the Star Wars releases were in May, including the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_the_4th_be_with_you

Half off a UCS set is practically unheard of, at least to me it is. Like you said, that high of a discount by the company is odd but would be great if it did happen more often.

Obviously we can only speculate behind why it's discounted that much but if you just read the reviews for it on their own website it starts making a lot of sense. You have to imagine Lego takes negative feedback on their own site seriously.

I will be very surprised if they allow people to purchase more than one. I hope so, but for some reason, i just can't see it happening.

Yeah, 1 would probably make it more fair for all. I can accept that.

+ 1, I definitely agree, one is plenty for this kind of sale.

All these questions are cracking me up.........this is BP not LEGO Shop at Home so anyone's guess is as good as the next persons ;)

Well a lot of guys here have more experience in this, in my case I'm just a newbie, so imo this speculations could be accurate :P.

May is basically Star Wars month, so I give my friends crap who were married in May and therefore always have to juggle their anniversary with all the Star Wars events. It has interfered with Star Wars Celebration countless times, until they started having them in Orlando in August. Yes, most of the Star Wars releases were in May, including the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_the_4th_be_with_you

Huh, now that's interesting; "Star Wars Day".

Heh heh, I can imagine this being the month to give crap to all the Trekkies out there. Ha ha ha! :lol:

Obviously we can only speculate behind why it's discounted that much but if you just read the reviews for it on their own website it starts making a lot of sense. You have to imagine Lego takes negative feedback on their own site seriously.

You're not kidding about the negative feedback. Even the more 'positive' ones talk about how the model falls apart for no reason. Sheesh.

Oh, and I just noticed your new mini Android avatar, Celes.

It's just so cute!

YES! I cannot wait! I guess the rumors were true...

Yeah. Too bad for those of us that want more than 1 Han Solo it's not gonna happen. Just spoke with 2 managers and they both said it's 1 per customer. Doesn't matter how many transaction you do, it'll be 1 PER CUSTOMER. GRRRRR!!!!

Yeah. Too bad for those of us that want more than 1 Han Solo it's not gonna happen. Just spoke with 2 managers and they both said it's 1 per customer. Doesn't matter how many transaction you do, it'll be 1 PER CUSTOMER. GRRRRR!!!!

Online or in the store?

Online or in the store?

In store they're only giving each customer 1. As far as online goes I'm not sure. But if they have 1 per customer in store, I'm assuming they'll do the same or if you order multiple they might cancel your order.

That'd be my strategy. The new UCS X-Wing just came out so there will be ample time later on to buy that and by then hopefully some decent discounts too.

Thanks Orc for the nudge, was getting confused. Now, do you think I can put $110 in my 7 year old's hand and they will do a separate transaction? Maybe play the ol' this is his first May the 4th...