LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

How many seperate orders did you make to get so many Solo figs?

I placed 7 separate orders shipping to my house while also waiting in line for the Lego store to open on May 4th. My local store wasn't too please with me getting so many so they said it's only 3 per household instead of 3 per person. Overall I went to 2 Lego stores and the second store gave me 3 Han Solo for 3 B-Wings.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered 2 different orders 4 b-wings in one order and one b-wing/ x-wing and got 7 total chima sets and 2 han solo mini figures and 2 posters. I was shocked to get 7 chima sets total. That is about 70 bucks for free! Assembled one b-wing will stash the other 4 and added the x-wing to our UCS collection. Good deal over all.

My order is complete: 9 B-Wings on individual orders, including 18 Chima sets and 9 Hans/posters. Also got a Tower Bridge (to build) with a Chima set and Hans. I may have missed it earlier in this thread, but did anyone else notice the black marker through the UPC on the Chima set? I am assuming so they cannot be returned. How long did THAT manual process take?

I may have missed it earlier in this thread, but did anyone else notice the black marker through the UPC on the Chima set? I am assuming so they cannot be returned. How long did THAT manual process take?

To by knowledge, mine didn't have this. That's a little odd, as I don't think it is worth it to TLG. Too much labor as you said. To return it, you would have to have a receipt...and who buys CHIMA starter sets?

To by knowledge, mine didn't have this. That's a little odd, as I don't think it is worth it to TLG. Too much labor as you said. To return it, you would have to have a receipt...and who buys CHIMA starter sets? It is possible to return something to the store without a receipt; they usually just give you a gift card or store credit instead of cash. Actually for the most part even with a receipt, stores would rather give you a gift card over cash seeing as you can only spend it there which means the money goes back to them anyhow.

Mine had the black markers X's drawn through the barcodes. I know a girl who works for Paramount home video and she is always giving me free promo DVD's...they always have a black line or a hole punched through the barcode as well. I believe it is as you have said, so that the item cannot be returned to a Walmart or somewhere for store credit.

To by knowledge, mine didn't have this. That's a little odd, as I don't think it is worth it to TLG. Too much labor as you said. To return it, you would have to have a receipt...and who buys CHIMA starter sets?

Did you already sell yours or are they packed away that fast?

And apparently nobody has to buy them - LEGO just gives them away.

My son placed a good sized order from S&**** of 5 different sets from various themes. The shipment was done in two boxes. Well low and behold, I guess we just got 2 more Chima sets. They can't give those things away fast enough!

Even more funny. I had to return one of my b-wings twice because the box was so beat up. Each replacement they sent me had another chima set lol.

Well all this talk about free Chima sets had me excited. I saw the large box sitting on my desk at work last week and opened it with such anticipation only to have my hopes crushed by extra packing bubbles instead of a Chima set. :down: My friend also didn't get a Chima set with his order. It seems likely what phatboi said in post #701 that us Canadians don't get any extra promos. Can any other Canadians confirm that?

I like the Chima sets very much and I anticipate more people paying attention to the theme with the larger sets being released this year, The Lion CHI Temple and The Croc Swamp Hideout. While I am not investing heavily into this theme yet, when I see a deal, I buy the Chima sets.

I like the Chima sets very much and I anticipate more people paying attention to the theme with the larger sets being released this year, The Lion CHI Temple and The Croc Swamp Hideout. While I am not investing heavily into this theme yet, when I see a deal, I buy the Chima sets.

Don't mind the plug!

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/evaluations/view/legends_of_chima_legendary_profits_or_a_theme_for_the_birds

Don't mind the plug!

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/evaluations/view/legends_of_chima_legendary_profits_or_a_theme_for_the_birds

I agree with your synopsis. Chima sets are not getting any love...yet. They are some of the most unique sets on the LEGO market right now. Just the unique brick colors have to be worth more than other LEGO sets and their regular brick colors.

I just have this sneaking suspicion that after the holiday season if Cragger's Command Ship goes EOL, everyone is going to be shocked at how quickly it skyrockets in price. I have no inside knowledge of CCS's retirement, but Lego did this with Ninjago and will do it with Chima. Why are the dragons sought after? They are cool looking and they all had relatively short life spans: Earth and Lightning Dragons were out for less than 6 months, and Ice Dragon was out for less than a year. Fire Temple (w/ fire dragon) was out for 1.5 years, and while it has seen slower growth it's still a winner and growing every day.

All of these Chima Speedorz giveaways is making me question the validity of investing in the theme. Although Lego could just be giving away 'samplers' to get people interested to begin with. Like I was just reminded of earlier, "All it takes is one." :)

Does look a little desperate.