LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

The customer service representative already told me its back ordered until may 22nd. I'd rather wait another three weeks to get a new one then settle for a beat up box. No return shipping fees is nice but still would of preferred all of my b wings to come in decent shape. At least my other two that came had only minor flaws in the boxes.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick thought, I have been monitoring Amazon's stock of the b wing, they have averaged 7 sales a day for this set. Even at this slow rate, it is possible that they could exhaust their entire inventory in as little as 4 months.

It helps by lower their prices. From May 3rd to 10th, the price dropped from $199 to $172. Not bad. I'm sure this is helping to move some inventory.

Many others beat me out on this, but my B-Wings's status changed to "shipped" as of yesterday! Woo! :-D And this was only like 10 minutes after midnight when I placed order at LEGO shop.. you guys must have been fast on the trigger ;) (unless LEGO is using some weird priority order of whose order to ship first and not actually using First In, First Out order)

Seems like a lot of people here have still not gotten their orders yet, I sure hope the ebay prices don't drop even more when they do. It looks like things have bottomed out at $168 with free shipping. This means that unless we live in a state without sales tax, we would make a measly $15 off each sale at the moment. I am hoping this one hits the $400 mark in a few years.

Seems like a lot of people here have still not gotten their orders yet, I sure hope the ebay prices don't drop even more when they do. It looks like things have bottomed out at $168 with free shipping. This means that unless we live in a state without sales tax, we would make a measly $15 off each sale at the moment. I am hoping this one hits the $400 mark in a few years.

Yeah, I'm not even gonna flip this one until after BWing retires. It'll definitely be higher than whatever ebay is selling those at, at the moment (which we all know is short-term downswing due to huge 50% sale and tons of ppl got those)

Redemmed, How do you only figure making only 15 per set. I am thinking 25 to 30.

I just got my first B-Wing today and they included the Chima Starter set (70113) so here is my estimate if I sold it now (which I won't do).

Sell for 167.00 (B-Wing, last three sales are $167-170, including shipping)

Sell for 20.00 (Han Solo) current sales on ebay between $18 and $27

Sell for 14.00 (Chima 70113, last three sales are $14 to $20)

Paid -99.98 (no shipping, no tax, sorry those of you who pay tax!)

eBay fees -23.00

Shipping -35.00

I would not consider the Chima set or the Han Solo figure in the B-Wing calculation. If we are talking about the prospective profit of the set alone right now, then that is all we should take into account, in my opinion. The rest will likely generate some profits as well, but just as I don't consider credit card points as a way to reduce the price of a set, I would not count those extras either.

I would not consider the Chima set or the Han Solo figure in the B-Wing calculation. If we are talking about the prospective profit of the set alone right now, then that is all we should take into account, in my opinion. The rest will likely generate some profits as well, but just as I don't consider credit card points as a way to reduce the price of a set, I would not count those extras either.

I don't count promo items either, but I dont see a problem if someone decides to do it.

I have found that a lot of people like to count their VIP points double to make them feel extra good about the purchase, they take the 5% off the initial purchase, then boast that they only paid x$ for the set they used the discount on. I don't count them for either myself, I still think of both purchases as the full retail amount, I still have the same amount of money in the end.

I have found that a lot of people like to count their VIP points double to make them feel extra good about the purchase, they take the 5% off the initial purchase, then boast that they only paid x$ for the set they used the discount on. I don't count them for either myself, I still think of both purchases as the full retail amount, I still have the same amount of money in the end.

Definitely wasn't my intention when I posted. But hey, it's there, it will likely give me a good discount on a good set (I have my eyes on the Haunted House), so i'm pretty excited since i ordered 9 B-Wings.

stephen_rockefeller - 10 May 2013 06:00 PM

Fcbarcelona101 - 10 May 2013 05:56 PM

I would not consider the Chima set or the Han Solo figure in the B-Wing calculation. If we are talking about the prospective profit of the set alone right now, then that is all we should take into account, in my opinion. The rest will likely generate some profits as well, but just as I don

I'll count the full retail purchase price as the real cost. If I apply the VIP points later to another purchase, I'll take the discount off the purchase price of the item I used the VIP points on.

Redeemed, I think you are counting way too much for shipping. The star wars set will prob $15 to $20 tops with USPS Parcel Post. The 2 smaller sets will most like only be a couple $$. Also, for those who dont count VIP points as $$ thats just dumb. You could potentially buy yourself a set that you can get top dollar for. I also shop through discover card and am getting another 5% back on these purchases. I am not saying to go ahead and dump all the sets now. I personally did 10 orders and am getting 10 of each item. I will keep 1 B wing for myself. Will sell all the Han Solos. Probably sell a couple now. More at Christmas time and hang on to maybe 4 each.