LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

Like a few others, I don't count the VIP points as 5% off. I list it in my cost column as full retail. Im up to 55 dollars in VIP points now, I was going to use it on a free Orc Forge for my personal collection, but I think im going to just push on for a bigger exclusive set. I'll only put it in my portfolio if it's an investment set.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats how much I calculated for shipping $168 -$25 paypal / ebay fees -$20 shipping -$106 purchase price =$17 total profit Keep in mind that this is an extra deep set, which will require a larger box than the standard 3.6" deep box. I haven't shipped a box this size before but the last time I shipped a 3.6" deep large box, it went to CA and I spent $22 via parcel post the cheapest option (believe me, I shopped it out), this large set would need a larger box and would cost more.

It all depends on your end goal. I prefer to know exactly what my returns are per purchase to learn and become more efficient so it makes sense for me to include all costs and reductions in the purchase price. It's a lot of micromanagement and not the level of detail some care about. If all you care about is overall return it doesn't matter where to apply the costs and discounts as long as you apply them correctly and don't double dip into costs and savings. VIP points are not a 5% reductions nor is using say the target red card on a marked down item actually 5%. Those things kick in after all discounts. An easy way to apply VIP points to the purchase you earn them on is 2 cents per point. I bought 1 b-wing and used $35 in VIP. I earned 64 points. My final bill was 64.99 but in BP I list my purchase price as 98.71 because the VIP I used were already applied on their original purchases and I earned 64*.02 points on this purchase. The actual cost of the discounted target helm's deep were (115.99 * .8) * .95 = $88.15. A flat 25% discount would have been 115.99 * .75 = $86.99. It's 1% here and 1% there, but those 1% add up when you start dealing with a large number of transactions and/or large dollar amounts. BOGOs? Purchase price / MSRP of all sets. That's your base percent saved. Now multiply that by each MSRP to get your actual cost per item. The only place this model really breaks down for me is when I opened my amazon card. I got $30 on a purchase and applied it on the next thing. This took $30 off a ghost train so it looks like I got a screaming deal. I didn't. That $30 could have been applied to any set I bought and is not specific to the one I applied it to. O-well I have a note about it ;)

Yeah! One order of 5 B-wings...sent in 5 boxes....each with the Chima set...Han and poster have not gotten here yet (but were sent before the B-wings).

Feels like Christmas!

Same here, I received my two orders of two B-Wings and two Chima sets. I'm still waiting on my Han and poster.

Guest AnnexBrett

And to think just a week ago people were pissed at LEGO Shop at Home...... from what I saw this site had the least complaining. Our members are cool like that!

I told you guys on the day of the frenzy that all orders will be processed and eventually shipped...just take some more time than usual. TLG is not out there to create and investigate conspiracies regarding multiple purchases and possible re-selling practices. They are out there to sell, sell, sell, sell!

Got my two today. The fact the B-wing box is so big they have to send them separately is just stupid. Why is this larger than a modular box?? My outside boxes looked great, the B-wing boxes inside are only so-so. Not my week for mint boxes through the mail I guess. One of them in particular the sealing stickers look like they were shifted, or opened and reapplied. Ugh. I highly doubt anything is wrong with the box, but not sure I want to go through the hassle of returning it. Oh well.

So in regards to the free Chima sets, have you guys been receiving one per B-Wing purchased or one per separate order? I made only one order of two B-Wings so I am assuming I should expect only one Chima set?

I placed three separate B-Wing orders. Each order was delivered in two shipments, one with the B-Wing, one with the poster and Han Solo. Each shipment came with a Chima set, so I got six Chima sets total.

I ended up getting 9 b-wing sets and all associated freebies. I have to say I am really happy about this deal. I didn't have to do anything special and could flip it all right now and pocket at least $50 per full set. I don't understand those people saying they are glad they only got a couple or didn't get any. This is essentially free money. The only bad part is the storage. :-)

I placed three separate B-Wing orders. Each order was delivered in two shipments, one with the B-Wing, one with the poster and Han Solo. Each shipment came with a Chima set, so I got six Chima sets total.

Thanks...that means I could end up with two Chima sets.

I guess I could sell these for a couple bucks, but if I get them they will be going to my kids...which is why I am hoping there are two. Sharing is something we are still working on, but not always too good at yet. It usually ends up as disagreements over who "owns" what minifigures. Of course Dad has the biggest stash... :-)