LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's even more amazing is Lego's site didn't even spaz out despite the massive flurry of people buying b-wings.

I experienced a temporary blip on the lego site when trying to place an order right at 9:00pm PST. But the transaction was recovered quickly. phew...

I'm actually much less nervous that they sold out so fast. I'm nervous enough about over saturation with this set and too many investors owning it compared to builders. I'm gonna draw the line at five sets and hold onto them for a good five years.

I have a strange feeling it may open up again at different points through the weekend, so if you didn't get one, keep checking here or on LEGO to see if happens. Maybe they just shut it down and at some other point tomorrow and Sunday will sell another 1000 or so. Who knows, just a thought.

Like Minecraft...

I'm actually much less nervous that they sold out so fast. I'm nervous enough about over saturation with this set and too many investors owning it compared to builders. I'm gonna draw the line at five sets and hold onto them for a good five years. I have a strange feeling it may open up again at different points through the weekend, so if you didn't get one, keep checking here or on LEGO to see if happens. Maybe they just shut it down and at some other point tomorrow and Sunday will sell another 1000 or so. Who knows, just a thought.Wouldn't you miss the discount on Sunday ? The promo period is for 5-4 & 5-5 only, correct ?

That's a killer deal. I'm not big on the B wing, but $99! Sheesh! I'm hitting my local Lego store tomorrow morning. The employee there says they have 60 in stock. Only question is how many to buy. The problem is my kids and in-laws will be coming with me and I don't want them to think I'm completely insane. Other details are as follows (in store) - 12 Star Wars sets on sale (wouldn't say which, but not the UCS X Wing or the UCS R2D2) - Free Yoda poster with any purchase - Free Han minifigure with $75 Star Wars purchase - Free headband with Yoda ears for everyone 12 and under I think that was it - also Toys R Us is having a Star Wars mini-build from noon to 2PM.

Hey, I'll sell you one of my five for $180.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.

I am just asking, were you not able to be online at 12am EST? Even though you don't join in the forums much, you have been a member here for a while, so I think you may have noticed that a lot of people were eager to jump on this. It also has been the same discussion on all the other forums as well, so its not just here.

The going rate on eBay right now is 180 with free shipping. What do you think its value will be next Tuesday? Good luck...

I was only offering him one for 179.99. I am gonna hang on to all of the sets for a while. I appreciate the luck though. Thanks!

The going rate on eBay right now is 180 with free shipping. What do you think its value will be next Tuesday? Good luck...

I was only offering him one for 179.99. I am gonna hang on to all of the sets for a while. I appreciate the luck though. Thanks!

:)

I personally think this was a clearance. That or we have significantly underestimated the amount of investors. 45 minutes into the sale and they are sold out. If this was a sale that they were planning on making a profit on, they would have realized the market that was available for this deal and planned accordingly. I would have liked to have been able to get one, but I'm not paying anyone $180 for it. I will say I am surprised that they had the limit all of the way up to 5.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

Can somebody add the Hans Solo figure to the Brickfolio? The number isn't showing anything. Meanwhile, I like what these sets are doing to my portfolio profits - even if it's not going to stay that way for long if a bunch hit the market at once.

I personally think this was a clearance. That or we have significantly underestimated the amount of investors. 45 minutes into the sale and they are sold out. If this was a sale that they were planning on making a profit on, they would have realized the market that was available for this deal and planned accordingly. I would have liked to have been able to get one, but I'm not paying anyone $180 for it.

I will say I am surprised that they had the limit all of the way up to 5.

Guess we'll find out soon if it was a clearance. I agree the price point is a little strange being that discounted. The question is, if they had discounted it to say $139, would you all have still bought the max if possible? Guessing yes?

This would be an amazingly short run for a UCS set wouldn't it?

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

Agreed....free market....I was ready to pull the trigger in first minute of sales started, ahoy!