LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow! He's right! Just ordered five.

BTW, 1st post!!! :-)

You couldn't have picked a better day to post! ;)

And to think I was just going to drown my sorrows by buying Friends set instead . . . although I DID pick up a Summer Riding Camp yesterday.

I was reluctant to wade into this firefight with my first posts, but since I'm here now, may I ask this: There are a number of declarations in this thread saying that the information about the upcoming B-Wing deal has been available on the forum for some time. But for the time that I've spent lurking lately, I never saw it. Where was this posted so I know to start loitering around those forum areas? For the record, I was spending most of my time in the Star Wars set area. The closest thing I saw to a May 4th discussion was whether or not the Han Hoth figure was "good" or not.

Please show patience with your padawan newbie? Just trying to learn . . .

Holy cow! He's right! Just ordered five.

BTW, 1st post!!! :-)

You couldn't have picked a better day to post! ;)

And to think I was just going to drown my sorrows by buying Friends set instead . . . although I DID pick up a Summer Riding Camp yesterday.

I was reluctant to wade into this firefight with my first posts, but since I'm here now, may I ask this: There are a number of declarations in this thread saying that the information about the upcoming B-Wing deal has been available on the forum for some time. But for the time that I've spent lurking lately, I never saw it. Where was this posted so I know to start loitering around those forum areas? For the record, I was spending most of my time in the Star Wars set area. The closest thing I saw to a May 4th discussion was whether or not the Han Hoth figure was "good" or not.

Please show patience with your padawan newbie? Just trying to learn . . .

There have just been rumors about the B-Wing being available, from different members. It hasn't actually been available. http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3473/ This is the thread where it was first introduced to my knowledge. Everyone was doubting, including myself, but it was true!! ;)

There was a guy who was super angry about everyone buying up this set, and he asked that his account be deleted. I wonder if he's come back to this thread to see he can get the deal. What's the rationale behind being so angry anyway? I really think this set may struggle as an investment, even in the long run. Lego has obviously produced a lot of them, and it's a poorly rated set that is a very poor selling according to the manager at my store. With Lego having more of them available for sale this morning, who knows how many are going to be out there sitting in storage waiting to be resold....

There was a guy who was super angry about everyone buying up this set, and he asked that his account be deleted. I wonder if he's come back to this thread to see he can get the deal.

What's the rationale behind being so angry anyway?

I really think this set may struggle as an investment, even in the long run. Lego has obviously produced a lot of them, and it's a poorly rated set that is a very poor selling according to the manager at my store. With Lego having more of them available for sale this morning, who knows how many are going to be out there sitting in storage waiting to be resold....

I think I am allowed to say "I told you so". Referring to last night when the man was upset. I told him to keep checking throughout the weekend that I had a strange feeling they would release more... I must have magical powers :kiss:

This really makes me think they are clearancing this model to either retire or "fix"

This has been my thought for a while on the fix. It will be interesting to see if those of us that got them today will be different than the models from last night. It's possible last night's models were the stock of the original model and the later ones being sent in a few weeks are the new model. I could be overthinking this, but it's a possibility, and I'll be happy to have the updated version if true.

I think I am allowed to say "I told you so". Referring to last night when the man was upset. I told him to keep checking throughout the weekend that I had a strange feeling they would release more... I must have magical powers :kiss:

Jeff did call it. :P I hope everyone is happy now and we can move on.

A little over 12 hours since I ordered, and I've still only gotten one confirmation email. All three orders are listed as "customer service" under order status. I ordered a total of 5, but in 3 different orders. Do you think they'll cancel the 2 that haven't confirmed? Or maybe they want to combine them so I only get one Han Solo. I won't be upset either way, as long as I get at least the first 3, but I'm curious to see how it's going to shake out.

I really think this set may struggle as an investment, even in the long run. Lego has obviously produced a lot of them, and it's a poorly rated set that is a very poor selling according to the manager at my store. With Lego having more of them available for sale this morning, who knows how many are going to be out there sitting in storage waiting to be resold....

I hope your prediction is wrong, but fortunately for me I won't care either way. The B-Wing has always been one of my favorite ships from the Star Wars universe. The "history" on it, including its development from Commander Ackbar and the Shantipole Project, is really interesting. And just the fact that it looks so "funky" with a frame that doesn't make it look like it evolved from an airplane struck a tone with me too.

Some have complained about no minifigures relative to its MSRP. I can understand that. But I like that its scale is maintained, even to the point of being too big for minifigures.

I saw one built at the Lego store in Glendale a few weeks ago and was really impressed. I literally was getting ready to buy one or two at full price. Imagine how happy I was to discover this offer! Even if this set ends up falling flat on its face, I'll build one and have enough friends who are into Star Wars that I could sell the other four at $125 each and walk away unscathed. YMMV, but I'm quite pleased right now.

A little over 12 hours since I ordered, and I've still only gotten one confirmation email. All three orders are listed as "customer service" under order status.

I ordered a total of 5, but in 3 different orders. Do you think they'll cancel the 2 that haven't confirmed? Or maybe they want to combine them so I only get one Han Solo. I won't be upset either way, as long as I get at least the first 3, but I'm curious to see how it's going to shake out.

I think you'll be fine. All of my orders have been in that "customer service" status for a bit, even before this weekend.

A super morning! Son and I were first in line when Lego Store opened. Sales girl was super accommodating. Yoda ears for all 3 kids, sales girl let me use $20 off $100 coupons. She let my son pay for his sets on his own and got a Han and she let me pay separately with coupon for B Wing and got a Han. VIP card on both orders. They were even letting folks smoosh the CMF bags. Great atmosphere at the store. My first "May the 4th be with you" day was a screaming success...and shared with son...BONUS!

I personally think that the reason we are seeing more available is because they arent going to ship the ones that were purchased by circumventing the rules, which were plenty I'm sure. They then offered those to people who didn't get a chance to get one....or five. Just my thoughts.

So are you saying this is TLG's trap: attract the resellers / rule breakers with honey (sweet 50% off deal) and then swat them while their orders are trapped in "customer service" status ? Sounds very devious :snake:, not sure if I like them more or less if this is true :smirk:

I hope your prediction is wrong, but fortunately for me I won't care either way. The B-Wing has always been one of my favorite ships from the Star Wars universe. The "history" on it, including its development from Commander Ackbar and the Shantipole Project, is really interesting. And just the fact that it looks so "funky" with a frame that doesn't make it look like it evolved from an airplane struck a tone with me too.

Some have complained about no minifigures relative to its MSRP. I can understand that. But I like that its scale is maintained, even to the point of being too big for minifigures.

I saw one built at the Lego store in Glendale a few weeks ago and was really impressed. I literally was getting ready to buy one or two at full price. Imagine how happy I was to discover this offer! Even if this set ends up falling flat on its face, I'll build one and have enough friends who are into Star Wars that I could sell the other four at $125 each and walk away unscathed. YMMV, but I'm quite pleased right now.

The B-Wing is my favorite ship too, excluding maybe the SSD or UCS MF. IMO, it's a great build for $200 and getting it for $100 is awesome! ;)

so I just ordered two from lego.com. It says sold out, will these still ship when in stock? This is my first time ordering from lego.com I called my local lego store after the fact and they advised they had about 50 in stock..... Also, do you get vip points from buying in a store? thanks.

so I just ordered two from lego.com. It says sold out, will these still ship when in stock? This is my first time ordering from lego.com

I called my local lego store after the fact and they advised they had about 50 in stock.....

Also, do you get vip points from buying in a store?

thanks.

store.lego.com description says "Out of stock, expected ship date 16 May 2013", so that should answer your first question. For the second, yes you get VIP points in-store. You either give them your card at checkout, or provide them information so that they can look it up in the system. Piece of cake.

store.lego.com description says "Out of stock, expected ship date 16 May 2013", so that should answer your first question. For the second, yes you get VIP points in-store. You either give them your card at checkout, or provide them information so that they can look it up in the system. Piece of cake.

That's ks for quick response. I worded that wrong. I guess what I'm asking is will I get them or will my order be canceled? Everyone seems to be acting like like you can't get these anymore.

So are you saying this is TLG's trap: attract the resellers / rule breakers with honey (sweet 50% off deal) and then swat them while their orders are trapped in "customer service" status ? Sounds very devious :snake:, not sure if I like them more or less if this is true :smirk:

It is common for sales to go to Customer Service. If these transactions fail to go through because LEGO assumes people are resllers, there could be trouble. :vampire: