LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm so angry. Amazon has the B-wing for $179 now. They obviously were watching BP and ordered as many as they could so they could resell them for a profit. Oh yeah, Target and Walmart are selling it for $199. So, obviously they got in on the $99 deal and bought as many as they could too. Now, all the kids who NEED Legos and can't afford $199 but could afford $99 are out of luck just because these jerk stores want to make a profit. What kind of country is this where some companies (or people) can try and make a profit off of other people (especially children!)? "Will somebody please think of the children!" - Helen Lovejoy "In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic" - Homer Simpson

Man I'm so angry. Amazon has the B-wing for $179 now. They obviously were watching BP and ordered as many as they could so they could resell them for a profit.

"Will somebody please think of the children!" - Helen Lovejoy

"In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic" - Homer Simpson

I doubt amazon stocked up on extra. They are just lowering the price since users (like me) contacted them with lower priced links (e.g. TRU) or probably hope those who missed the $99 price will shop there while still getting a nice discount.

Man alive, I grabbed mine just after midnight, saw a couple posts from the Macks and a couple others, then went straight to bed. If I had known the poo was going to hit the fan, I might have stayed up a little longer. Nothing like a big sale to rile people up! Who knew Lego investing could be filled with such rancor?

I personally think this was a clearance. That or we have significantly underestimated the amount of investors. 45 minutes into the sale and they are sold out. If this was a sale that they were planning on making a profit on, they would have realized the market that was available for this deal and planned accordingly. I would have liked to have been able to get one, but I'm not paying anyone $180 for it.

I will say I am surprised that they had the limit all of the way up to 5.

You have to remember, this deal was also advertised on Slickdeals.com. Those guys have millions of followers and they'll buy 5 of anything, as long as they mutually agree it's a good deal.

Man alive, I grabbed mine just after midnight, saw a couple posts from the Macks and a couple others, then went straight to bed. If I had known the poo was going to hit the fan, I might have stayed up a little longer. Nothing like a big sale to rile people up!

Who knew Lego investing could be filled with such rancor?

Totally expected, it happens on every deal forum.

Just arriving from the store. When they opened people went either for the X Wing or B Wing, it was not bad at all, but apparently they only had around 15 B Wings that dissapeared in less than 10 minutes. Grabbed one of each, and they threw in one Han and One frigate on each transaction. Pretty cool!

Just arriving from the store. When they opened people went either for the X Wing or B Wing, it was not bad at all, but apparently they only had around 15 B Wings that dissapeared in less than 10 minutes. Grabbed one of each, and they threw in one Han and One frigate on each transaction. Pretty cool!

So glad I didn't try to drive over! I got some last night *ducks flying tomatoes* and then I was up until around 2:30 am reading on here, so I slept in.

So how early did you arrive and how many were waiting by the time it opened? Good to hear it wasn't crazy! Gives me hope!!