LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

My local store only had 16 B-Wings and they were limiting it to one per customer. I was fifth in line and happy to get one, that's all I wanted. The four guys in front of me were all AFOL's and were complaining they could only get one, too bad for them.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

store.lego.com description says "Out of stock, expected ship date 16 May 2013", so that should answer your first question. For the second, yes you get VIP points in-store. You either give them your card at checkout, or provide them information so that they can look it up in the system. Piece of cake.

keep in mind that if you buy from a legoland Lego store you have to have you card with you.....they cannot look up your account by name at those stores for some reason. Do t know if your store is in a legoland but just in case it is.

A super morning! Son and I were first in line when Lego Store opened. Sales girl was super accommodating. Yoda ears for all 3 kids, sales girl let me use $20 off $100 coupons. She let my son pay for his sets on his own and got a Han and she let me pay separately with coupon for B Wing and got a Han. VIP card on both orders. They were even letting folks smoosh the CMF bags. Great atmosphere at the store.

My first "May the 4th be with you" day was a screaming success...and shared with son...BONUS!

sounds awesome!!

There were two angry guys last night, the one who missed the deal at LEGO Shop at Home and me. And it seems most of you still haven't grasped why I was upset. I understand this is an investment site. I want to enjoy Lego and make money, that's why I joined and support your forums and tell my friends. I know almost everyone here is the same. So obviously I would never begrudge a fellow brickpicker for buying up every deal he can find before someone else gets it first. But I would also never tell a fellow brickpicker "too bad" when he misses a deal. Ed, I would think with your experience (you said yourself you've missed many deals), you might be a bit more patient with a guy venting his anger about missing this one. Sure he called us greedy s.o.b.s, but we've been called worse. And your first response was basically a combination of "I told you so" and "tough titties" and "earn more money." I like what you're doing with this site. I'm grateful to have it around as a tool in my quest to buy and sell Lego. But not at the expense of common decency, especially when dealing with peers who share my goal. If you disagree, feel free to ban me.

I think I am allowed to say "I told you so". Referring to last night when the man was upset. I told him to keep checking throughout the weekend that I had a strange feeling they would release more... I must have magical powers :kiss:

Jeff did call it. :P I hope everyone is happy now and we can move on. I got my one this morning. Thanks to those who assisted me. Plan on building it tomorrow.

I think some people have misinterpreted my posts though. I am NOT annoyed at anyone who purchased up to 5 of these sets. I AM annoyed at those that think the rules don't apply to them and find ways to circumvent the rules so they can get more than 5 sets. For those that order 5 or more, I hope LEGO cancels your orders and flags you as a reseller.

store.lego.com description says "Out of stock, expected ship date 16 May 2013", so that should answer your first question. For the second, yes you get VIP points in-store. You either give them your card at checkout, or provide them information so that they can look it up in the system. Piece of cake.

keep in mind that if you buy from a legoland Lego store you have to have you card with you.....they cannot look up your account by name at those stores for some reason. Do t know if your store is in a legoland but just in case it is. what card? I just signed up for the vip program and saw no mention of a card. Here is my other dilema or question. Do i go purchase a few of these and get a lot of vip points at the store. or option 2: have my sister and friend go in and buy so I can get multiple exclusive mini figs? would they be able to use my vip account or how is lego about just me doing multiple purchases to get multiple figures? are they weird about this? thanks for any imput.

keep in mind that if you buy from a legoland Lego store you have to have you card with you.....they cannot look up your account by name at those stores for some reason. Do t know if your store is in a legoland but just in case it is. what card? I just signed up for the vip program and saw no mention of a card. Here is my other dilema or question. Do i go purchase a few of these and get a lot of vip points at the store. or option 2: have my sister and friend go in and buy so I can get multiple exclusive mini figs? would they be able to use my vip account or how is lego about just me doing multiple purchases to get multiple figures? are they weird about this? thanks for any imput.they will send you a VIP card in the mail that you present at the store when making your purchase.

I think some people have misinterpreted my posts though. I am NOT annoyed at anyone who purchased up to 5 of these sets. I AM annoyed at those that think the rules don't apply to them and find ways to circumvent the rules so they can get more than 5 sets. For those that order 5 or more, I hope LEGO cancels your orders and flags you as a reseller.

Anyone who bought just five is almost surely a reseller, though.

keep in mind that if you buy from a legoland Lego store you have to have you card with you.....they cannot look up your account by name at those stores for some reason. Do t know if your store is in a legoland but just in case it is. what card? I just signed up for the vip program and saw no mention of a card. Here is my other dilema or question. Do i go purchase a few of these and get a lot of vip points at the store. or option 2: have my sister and friend go in and buy so I can get multiple exclusive mini figs? would they be able to use my vip account or how is lego about just me doing multiple purchases to get multiple figures? are they weird about this? thanks for any imput. I think that LEGO stores have the same policies, but as most of us know from experience, most stores interpret or follow those policies differently. So who knows really unless you call and ask or just go and find out.

Yep, glad I hung in here on this thread. I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't order the B-Wing for $100 first thing this morning (8am CST), but with all the negativity around it and speculation that it will do poorly in the afterlife (market) I wasn't really that upset. Then I saw the post about it being $100 at TRU. So I excitedly went there and found it was sold out there also. Crap. Went and did errands today and now it is 1pm. Just ordered 2 B-Wings in separate orders from LEGO Shop at Home with no problems. There has been some really good, heated conversation on this thread. I see truth in both sides of the argument, but lean towards Ed and Jeff's side for making this site even possible to have the conversation on. I appreciate that tempers have cooled somewhat and the angry people are still in here chatting it up. If we all met in a bar or at a lego store, I bet we would really enjoy getting to know each other. To wrap up, I am thankful for the passion of the BP community, thankful for this thread helping me score 2 B-Wings, regardless of how they do in aftermarket, and look forward to more great conversation about all the cool sets coming out in the rest of 2013.

I picked up one today, as well as my mother who was dragged out to it. The store did a limit of one per person, which I really liked considering how upset the kids in the back of the line would have been to not get it. It was funny to watch the guy in the front of the line grab one right away and hold it up all excited. I enjoy this hobby, but it is only a hobby to me.

There was a guy who was super angry about everyone buying up this set, and he asked that his account be deleted. I wonder if he's come back to this thread to see he can get the deal.

What's the rationale behind being so angry anyway?

I really think this set may struggle as an investment, even in the long run. Lego has obviously produced a lot of them, and it's a poorly rated set that is a very poor selling according to the manager at my store. With Lego having more of them available for sale this morning, who knows how many are going to be out there sitting in storage waiting to be resold....

They might have been joking. :P

There were two angry guys last night, the one who missed the deal at s@h and me. And it seems most of you still haven't grasped why I was upset. I understand this is an investment site. I want to enjoy Lego and make money, that's why I joined and support your forums and tell my friends. I know almost everyone here is the same. So obviously I would never begrudge a fellow brickpicker for buying up every deal he can find before someone else gets it first. But I would also never tell a fellow brickpicker "too bad" when he misses a deal. Ed, I would think with your experience (you said yourself you've missed many deals), you might be a bit more patient with a guy venting his anger about missing this one. Sure he called us greedy s.o.b.s, but we've been called worse. And your first response was basically a combination of "I told you so" and "tough titties" and "earn more money." I like what you're doing with this site. I'm grateful to have it around as a tool in my quest to buy and sell Lego. But not at the expense of common decency, especially when dealing with peers who share my goal. If you disagree, feel free to ban me.

I was very civil to the man, even though I sensed his anger. Here was my reply...

Life

Perhaps you're right. Maybe I was caught up in the heat of the moment, and you weren't quite as callous as I accused you of being. I still think you pull out your soapbox a bit too quickly... Either way, the guy got his b-wing, I got mine, you got yours, everyone's happy. See you around.

Thanks Ed and Jeff for this thread as it helped me grab a B-Wing yesterday at around 12:50 just after they went out of stock but I had already started the checkout process so my order went through. :) I just have a question for Canadians who have ordered large orders from LEGO Shop at Home (over $100 value). Do you have to pay taxes or brokerage fees to FedEx on shipments? I know they ship from the US so I am a bit worried now after reading http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Shipping-Returns

Hey, I'll sell you one of my five for $180.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

I was fully aware of the deal, but I happened to be with my sick two year old getting him to go to sleep. Also, I don't fault anyone who bought up to there limit of 5..... those were the rules and I can appreciate that. I do fault those that talk of purchasing more than 5 by circumventing the rules. A few may talk of it, but I have a feeling many more are lurking out there.

But rules are meant to be broken. In my instance... 27 times :D

A super morning! Son and I were first in line when Lego Store opened. Sales girl was super accommodating. Yoda ears for all 3 kids, sales girl let me use $20 off $100 coupons. She let my son pay for his sets on his own and got a Han and she let me pay separately with coupon for B Wing and got a Han. VIP card on both orders. They were even letting folks smoosh the CMF bags. Great atmosphere at the store.

My first "May the 4th be with you" day was a screaming success...and shared with son...BONUS!

Sounds like you had the best day of all! I'm happy for you. :-)

Hey, I'll sell you one of my five for $180.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

I was fully aware of the deal, but I happened to be with my sick two year old getting him to go to sleep. Also, I don't fault anyone who bought up to there limit of 5..... those were the rules and I can appreciate that. I do fault those that talk of purchasing more than 5 by circumventing the rules. A few may talk of it, but I have a feeling many more are lurking out there.

But rules are meant to be broken. In my instance... 27 times :D

what is the purpose of your post other than sucking up bandwidth and gloating? grow up.

Now to figure out if they are going EOL... and if so should we try to get even more?

Well, this is the cheapest you are getting it, so if you have the money and space, get as many as possible! I am not sure what TLG is planning to do with this set. It obviously sold extremely well during the sale, but not on sale, I am not sure. I think it will at least last until Christmas.