LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think they wanted to give people a good deal for star wars day.......I'm naive like that sometimes though.

You can say what you want about how unappreciative everyone is, but the fact remains that Lego neverrrrrr discounts, and when they do, they discount their least popular set. A company with its customers' satisfaction in mind would discount something people have been waiting to buy but can't afford at full retail, like R2, SSD, the falcon, a brand new x-wing, etc. Let's not let our love of their little bricks delude us into thinking TLG is generous. They are not. They're the most expensive place to buy their own products.

I never said "everyone" was unappreciative, I said some people are.......no one will convince me otherwise.

Hey, I'll sell you one of my five for $180.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

Agreed....free market....I was ready to pull the trigger in first minute of sales started, ahoy!

Heck, if there wasn't a limit I would have bought them all before any of you suckas had a chance. It has nothing to do with this site, it has to do with feeding my family. (I have a big family) :coolgrin:

I never paid much heed to those stories of parents whining because investors snapped up all the deals. But after seeing it here, first hand, I gotta say a lot of you are unsympathetic bastards. That's especially true of the founders of this site. Please don't think of this as a rebukement against your character as a whole, but in this instance I am ashamed we occupy the same space. Consider this: If there's anyone in this hobby you could relate to, it's the other guys reading this right now. And yet, when one of them calls you out for buying ten and now he can't afford to buy one to build, you tell him tough ****. And you lecture him. Well done.

:coolsmirk: That's the BrickPicker spirit! That does appear to be the prevailing attitude by quite a few here.Life's not fair...sorry. We have spoken endlessly about these deals for days. This is the free market system at work. It is quite possible that more will be released, but if it's not, be ready for the next deal. I have missed many deals in the past myself and you have to have some luck along with the willingness to be ready to pull the trigger at any time.

As Confucius say...Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

I was fully aware of the deal, but I happened to be with my sick two year old getting him to go to sleep. Also, I don't fault anyone who bought up to there limit of 5..... those were the rules and I can appreciate that. I do fault those that talk of purchasing more than 5 by circumventing the rules. A few may talk of it, but I have a feeling many more are lurking out there.

If I can manage to find 2, you can have one of them at cost plus shipping.

That, friends, is the difference between sugar and vinegar.

Sugar, Vinegar, Cucumber, Cilantro and red onion make an awesome Thai Cucumber relish.

Tastes even better when you put it in the fridge ovenight

I was fully aware of the deal, but I happened to be with my sick two year old getting him to go to sleep. Also, I don't fault anyone who bought up to there limit of 5..... those were the rules and I can appreciate that. I do fault those that talk of purchasing more than 5 by circumventing the rules. A few may talk of it, but I have a feeling many more are lurking out there.

Seriously man, eBay will be full of people trying to unload B-Wings for $150 or less come Wednesday. It may not be 50% off, but 25% off is still less than RRP.

I never paid much heed to those stories of parents whining because investors snapped up all the deals. But after seeing it here, first hand, I gotta say a lot of you are unsympathetic bastards. That's especially true of the founders of this site. Please don't think of this as a rebukement against your character as a whole, but in this instance I am ashamed we occupy the same space. Consider this: If there's anyone in this hobby you could relate to, it's the other guys reading this right now. And yet, when one of them calls you out for buying ten and now he can't afford to buy one to build, you tell him tough shit. And you lecture him. Well done.

This comment is beyond ridiculous........

Omg, you guys are insane xD. Btw, Anyone willing to trade one of their B-Wings for a 4842 HP castle with a trashed box when Brick Classifieds comes online? Admins :P? I dont want to be an investor, hard enough it is trying to become a mini seller from 0 :(.

Oh, and I just noticed your new mini Android avatar, Celes.

It's just so cute!

Thanks, I also like it a lot :).

I was fully aware of the deal, but I happened to be with my sick two year old getting him to go to sleep. Also, I don't fault anyone who bought up to there limit of 5..... those were the rules and I can appreciate that. I do fault those that talk of purchasing more than 5 by circumventing the rules. A few may talk of it, but I have a feeling many more are lurking out there.I feel your pain. I have a 3 year old son who is a huge pain in the ass. LOL. Love him more than anything, but when he wakes up at 3 in the morning crying for Daddy, it's difficult to be too happy about it. Be patient about this set. It might just mysteriously reappear sometime tomorrow or Sunday on sale again. Also, keep an eye on Amazon. The set is currently at $183 and could drop further.

I never paid much heed to those stories of parents whining because investors snapped up all the deals. But after seeing it here, first hand, I gotta say a lot of you are unsympathetic bastards. That's especially true of the founders of this site. Please don't think of this as a rebukement against your character as a whole, but in this instance I am ashamed we occupy the same space. Consider this: If there's anyone in this hobby you could relate to, it's the other guys reading this right now. And yet, when one of them calls you out for buying ten and now he can't afford to buy one to build, you tell him tough ****. And you lecture him. Well done.

I only purchased 2 for my kids, but I certainly don't fault the others who purchased more. This site is about Lego investing and that's what people do here. Don't chastise their character as unsympathetic just because they are trying to turn a profit. The fact remains that it wasn't like this was a special sale and the people who purchased tons of these had some special way of doing it. This was open to the public and anybody that missed out only has themselves to blame. I would also challenge your line about these people who missed out "not being able to afford to buy one now." If they have enough disposable income to drop $100 on a lego set... They have the $50 - $80 more to spend buying this set from ebay or amazon. In fact, if it is that important to have one of these, they can buy one even cheaper than that after it has been opened and listed.

U say so cause you out of the boat....I was in this situation many many times, and I am a bustard now....HDULMN....if not us somebody else steal it from...?????.....us!!!

Omg, you guys are insane xD. Btw, Anyone willing to trade one of their B-Wings for a 4842 HP castle with a trashed box when Brick Classifieds comes online? Admins :P? I dont want to be an investor, hard enough it is trying to become a mini seller from 0 :(.

If you're serious, I might do that. I missed out on those.

If you're serious, I might do that. I missed out on those. Yeah, I'm serious, the main reason is because I think I can sell that B-Wing easier here, theres a huge fanbase of Star Wars here in my country than HP fans.

I never paid much heed to those stories of parents whining because investors snapped up all the deals. But after seeing it here, first hand, I gotta say a lot of you are unsympathetic bastards. That's especially true of the founders of this site. Please don't think of this as a rebukement against your character as a whole, but in this instance I am ashamed we occupy the same space. Consider this: If there's anyone in this hobby you could relate to, it's the other guys reading this right now. And yet, when one of them calls you out for buying ten and now he can't afford to buy one to build, you tell him tough shit. And you lecture him. Well done.

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the purchase?

Jeff and I work damn hard to give the LEGO fan a quality resource here for FREE and to complain about people hoarding sets is a joke. It's a commodity, plain and simple. Buy low, sell high. Make money from it and enjoy it as a hobby as well. Why are you even here if you don't care about making money from LEGO sets or their values? There are a lot of hypocrites who want to preach about the purity of the LEGO hobby and want to badmouth this site and our members, yet these same hypocrites are on the site everyday checking the values of their sets. If you don't understand what we offer here, sorry. There are plenty of other forums that talk about non monetary LEGO topics.

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the set?

Jeff and I work damn hard to give the LEGO fan a quality resource here for FREE and to complain about people hoarding sets is a joke. It's a commodity, plain and simple. Buy low, sell high. Make money from it and enjoy it as a hobby as well. Why are you even here if you don't care about making money from LEGO sets or their values? There are a lot of hypocrites who want to preach about the purity of the LEGO hobby and want to badmouth this site and our members, yet these same hypocrites are on the site everyday checking the values of their sets. If you don't understand what we offer here, sorry. There are plenty of other forums that talk about non monetary LEGO topics.

Post of the year!!!!!!

Ashamed we occupy the same space? Then leave, and don't come back....

As I stated earlier...Life is not fair. I can't afford a Ferrari, yet I don't whine about it on the Ferrari forums. I build LEGO sets as much as I buy them. Don't tell me about my passion for this hobby. I was online at 12:00 AM, with $500 of my hard earned money, which I work 7 days a week to earn. I don't feel sorry for any person who doesn't put in the same effort at work and in life as I do. If people want to come on here and complain about how others prevented them from acquiring a set, blame LEGO for not producing enough. Blame yourself for not pulling the trigger earlier. Blame yourself for not having a better job so that you can afford to buy what you want. Don't blame a handful of investors. If LEGO really cared about you, why didn't they put a one set limit on the set?

Post of the year!!!!!!

......and May the Force be with You, LOL

If you're serious, I might do that. I missed out on those. Yeah, I'm serious, the main reason is because I think I can sell that B-Wing easier here, theres a huge fanbase of Star Wars here in my country than HP fans.

I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure I did it right. Please let me know if you got it or not. :)