LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!

Jeff Mack

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!!! The email I got today! Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship them to you. If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly. It will not be charged until your item(s) ship(s). You will receive an email notification at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. If you

So here is how it went for me at the Lego store in California....

Great story man, thanks for sharing. Making it a trip for the kids is a great idea, would love to do so for my 3 sometime, but no Lego stores here.

I'm hoping my TRU order goes through. They are pretty terrible at keeping you informed, I so wish they had a nicer website like S@H or Amazon that kept you updated. I got an email confirmation of my order, which is a good start, and that'll probably be it until they arrive (or don't arrive...).

Just a sample of how poor their online service is I got a package about 3 weeks ago that had a B-Wing in it, and I wasn't expecting one. Turns out it was from a few weeks before that when I was messing around on thier site and was going to order one but the website crashed on confirming the order. No email or anything so had assumed it hadn't gone through. Next thing it turns up, lol. Plus they have absolutely no info at customer services about international orders, it's like they farm them out to a 3rd party shipping provider and then have no knowledge of the order even existing.

Great story man, thanks for sharing. Making it a trip for the kids is a great idea, would love to do so for my 3 sometime, but no Lego stores here.

I'm hoping my TRU order goes through. They are pretty terrible at keeping you informed, I so wish they had a nicer website like LEGO Shop at Home or Amazon that kept you updated. I got an email confirmation of my order, which is a good start, and that'll probably be it until they arrive (or don't arrive...).

Just a sample of how poor their online service is I got a package about 3 weeks ago that had a B-Wing in it, and I wasn't expecting one. Turns out it was from a few weeks before that when I was messing around on thier site and was going to order one but the website crashed on confirming the order. No email or anything so had assumed it hadn't gone through. Next thing it turns up, lol. Plus they have absolutely no info at customer services about international orders, it's like they farm them out to a 3rd party shipping provider and then have no knowledge of the order even existing.

They farm them out to I-parcel. If you have any issues you need to go through them and TRU take no responsibility for it

What are you, the forum police? Oh wait...

Ha! Anyhow I knew I should have met up with you and picked up some B wings......I just confirmed that my order, that was placed at midnight and 8 seconds will not be shipped out until at least the 17 of may. Also the guy I talked to had some choice words about resellers......

Stephen,

Did you happen to order 5 in one order? I ordered 5 separate (and one order of 5) and they all say "in process". I wonder if it has anything to do with voluntarily cancelling my order of 5 at once, to keep the 5 separate transactions?

What I am saying is, I wonder if they are targeting people that bought 5 on one transaction as re-sellers and postponing their orders?

Edit by c666187:

Sorry, I did not make it to Maverick2k1's post where he suggested the same thing..

Ha! Anyhow I knew I should have met up with you and picked up some B wings......I just confirmed that my order, that was placed at midnight and 8 seconds will not be shipped out until at least the 17 of may. Also the guy I talked to had some choice words about resellers......

Stephen,

Did you happen to order 5 in one order? I ordered 5 separate (and one order of 5) and they all say "in process". I wonder if it has anything to do with voluntarily cancelling my order of 5 at once, to keep the 5 separate transactions?

What I am saying is, I wonder if they are targeting people that bought 5 on one transaction as re-sellers and postponing their orders?

Edit by c666187:

Sorry, I did not make it to Maverick2k1's post where he suggested the same thing..

no worries......I only ordered 2 b wings along with some other sets.

The first order I placed, that only had one B-Wing, that is currently "In process" just got the "sorry, out of stock, might be a while before we ship it to you." I am waiting on my second and third orders of 2 B-wings each and see if i get the same emails. I placed them about 15 mins apart after midnight. And here I was looking forward to building one this week. minor edit: "Even if it says "Customer Service", clicking on the link will show you your order summary and the B-Wings as "Back-ordered." guess no B-wings for me this week then.

The first order I placed, that only had one B-Wing, that is currently "In process" just got the "sorry, out of stock, might be a while before we ship it to you." I am waiting on my second and third orders of 2 B-wings each and see if i get the same emails. I placed them about 15 mins apart after midnight.

And here I was looking forward to building one this week.

minor edit: "Even if it says "Customer Service", clicking on the link will show you your order summary and the B-Wings as "Back-ordered." guess no B-wings for me this week then.

Yay, all 5 of my orders say "in progress" on the individual order status page..

/* Fingers Crossed

I got my free han solo exclusive minifigure and I didn't even order 75 dollars worth of star wars stuff, just ordered one A-wing and some other stuff that totaled to 75 bucks. got free shipping free poster and free han. awesome.

Just received an email from Lego that the B-Wing is out of stock, and will take longer to receive my product. I had an email confirmation, and placed my order at 12:04am...Did anyone else get an email?

My first order of five (from 12:04) was back ordered??? I don't understand. It was 5 first minutes of sale started???

I am beginning to think there was no correlation between the time you hit the submit order button and the time when the oder was actually submitted to LEGO

That's definitely a possibility. With so many orders coming in within such a short time period anythings possible. I'm still waiting to see where my "in process" status takes me.

Apparently, a set I bought on ebay was sent to me from stolen credit card back in December. (The person i bought from had over 3.5k positive feedback 100%) The bad news is I had to dig up proof for something I bought 6 months ago...the good news is got verbal confirmation that my 5 are being sent Monday.

Stephen,

Edit by c666187:

Well, I ordered 5 at one time and my order is "in process." So there seems to be no rhyme or reason to anything. Jeff did the same and his order is still in Customer Service. I just believe LEGO has been overwhelmed with business and their system cannot handle it.

Guest AnnexBrett

Stephen,

Edit by c666187:

Well, I ordered 5 at one time and my order is "in process." So there seems to be no rhyme or reason to anything. Jeff did the same and his order is still in Customer Service. I just believe LEGO has been overwhelmed with business and their system cannot handle it.

+1

I think there are too much conspiracy theories are out there... LEGO Shop at Home system probably crashed a few times during this sale which obviously causing some delays. LEGO's IT department is being being pretty busy that is for sure, to support the CS in processing all this orders...than they have to start shipping too...

LEGO made that sale in the knowledge that it will be a huge demand! They will ship out every single order that went thru and "played by the rules" its just gna take some time!

Guest AnnexBrett

Today I went to pick up a 10227 in the local LEGO store. I arrived 15 mins before closing. They had a load of them on the shelves and cases piling up in the back. The store manager stuck firmly to the 1/customer rule and would not let me to buy a second set...!

Obviously I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as of a few minutes ago I can now happily report that the final charge I was waiting for has just posted to my credit card, so it looks like all the B-wings I ordered are indeed going to be shipped to me...eventually. I'm also confident that $100 is the rock solid floor price for this set, so eventually I'm going to make a pretty penny once the quick flippers run through their stock and the set hits EOL. I'm actually hoping that the rumored new footage of the B-wings that was going to be included in the blu-ray release of Jedi was intentionally held back for the planned 3-D theatrical release of the film. If that happens in a few years then buckle up investors because we may have a big time winner on our hands...

Stephen,

Edit by c666187:

+1

I think there are too much conspiracy theories are out there... S@H system probably crashed a few times during this sale which obviously causing some delays. LEGO's IT department is being being pretty busy that is for sure, to support the CS in processing all this orders...than they have to start shipping too...

LEGO made that sale in the knowledge that it will be a huge demand! They will ship out every single order that went thru and "played by the rules" its just gna take some time!

ha ha yeah just like the TRU eBay store did??

Guest AnnexBrett

Stephen,

Edit by c666187:

+1

I think there are too much conspiracy theories are out there... LEGO Shop at Home system probably crashed a few times during this sale which obviously causing some delays. LEGO's IT department is being being pretty busy that is for sure, to support the CS in processing all this orders...than they have to start shipping too...

ha ha yeah just like the TRU eBay store did??

I would not match LEGO's online shopping system to TRU's ebay store... Also we all know about TRU's shady selling practices which kind of things I never heard from LEGO. I am staying positive about these orders will be shipped out, but it will take some time.