The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

13 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

Just watched the latest episode. No spoilers, but Wow!  Pulling together all kinds of threads and loose ends from the previous episodes and upping the stakes in a major way. I could see a Navarro playset being a great idea if the right figs are in it.

YOU SAID THERE WAS GOING TO BE ONLY 4...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

How many people are going to cancel their Disney+ subscriptions after the last episode of The Mandalorian? ?‍♂️

Actually my wife and I wanted Disney Plus for the Loki storyline that is coming out next year.  The Mandalorian was the only reason we got it now.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jackson said:

How many people are going to cancel their Disney+ subscriptions after the last episode of The Mandalorian? ?‍♂️

There is a second season coming next year...

With that said, I'll be keeping Disney+ for a while. My daughters and I are in for SW and Pixar, Disney for them and Marvel for me.

If the new Obi-Wan show is anything like Mandalorian, I'm  fine with never going to the theatre for new SW content.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

My "wishful" prediction is that the Blurrg took the brunt of the trooper blaster fire.  His many human lifetimes sacrifices can't be all in vain???

I mean he took off his goggles before he fell down, how bad could that be? (He had them on when riding swiftly, but those were back on his forehead when he was on the ground) :P

First time I saw Deathtroopers earning their names 

• Like 4

Gina Carano upon reading her script for the episode: “ what do you mean baby Yoda is gonna force choke me?” Puts producer in arm bar.

On a side note, we’re cool with the whole instant force powers of healing and levitating and force choking from a baby? I know that’s where the series basically headed with Rey, but a baby? Granted at 50, he’s one old ass baby, but it’s a bit much considering the whole years of training to be a Jedi or Sith.

Qualms about the plot aside, the show is Still some of the finest SW storytelling we’ve seen since the OG trilogy.

• Like 3

Gina Carano upon reading her script for the episode: “ what do you mean baby Yoda is gonna force choke me?” Puts producer in arm bar.

On a side note, we’re cool with the whole instant force powers of healing and levitating and force choking from a baby? I know that’s where the series basically headed with Rey, but a baby? Granted at 50, he’s one old ass baby, but it’s a bit much considering the whole years of training to be a Jedi or Sith.

Qualms about the plot aside, the show is Still some of the finest SW storytelling we’ve seen since the OG trilogy.

So I’ve got this crazy theory going in my head. We know nothing about Yoda’s species - other than the three being we’ve seen have been incredibly powerful Force users. We don’t even know their species name.

What if they are so powerful because they are Whills?

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

So I’ve got this crazy theory going in my head. We know nothing about Yoda’s species - other than the three being we’ve seen have been incredibly powerful Force users. We don’t even know their species name.

Interesting theory, except that doesn't really match up with the last episodes of the Clone Wars where Yoda goes on his own personal quest to discover the secrets of the force.  I think he meets the Whills during that quest.

One thought I had was, maybe this "kid" is actually more mature than we think (50+ years old) and is sort of "playing dumb" like Yoda did the first time he met Luke.  But that wouldn't be near as much fun as baby Yoda.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I think the "Yoda" species is just more in tune with the Force and they can use/manipulate it easier than other species.  That is why I am ok with baby has that many force power at the "young" age @Mark Twain

Speaking of seeing this species, in Kotor2, the leader of Jedi Council is also "Yoda like".  He is tougher to kill than the final boss :P You get a chance to fight him if you take the Sith path

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

The Force healing is the only thing that seems a bit out there to me as its more of a EU thing. Baby Yoda is 50. If Yoda made it to 900, then BY is essentially a 5 year old. Not really a baby, he's just tiny, so we project the idea of a cute, helpless baby on him. In both TCW and Rebels, we saw Force sensitive children instinctively using the Force, mainly to levitate toys, so it's well within canon. It seems like Yoda's species is esp. Force sensitive, so BY is just more powerful at what he does, but the levitate and choke are really just one thing, telekinesis.

With the mudhorn, he was basically pushing away the thing that was trying to hurt Mando. Mando had already protected him from IG-11 and the Trandoshans, so seeing that Mando was really hurt and was in danger, BY instinctively used the Force to protect Mando. In the Force choke scene however, BYs face goes from scared to angry, as he's too young to distinguish play fighting from real fighting and his fear for Mando being hurt turns to anger at Cara for trying to hurt his "dad". Like Kuill said, droids (like babies) are neutral reflections of their creators. Children have no inherent understanding of good or bad, it's taught/learned. A baby would kill you to get to its toy because it doesn't know any better. The more scared/angry BY gets, the more violent his reaction using the Force becomes.

• Like 1

You know, there was an earlier episode where baby Yoda was trying to heal Mando, but Mando kept putting him back in the carriage.  I don't have as much problem with baby Yoda force healing as maybe it's something unique to his character.  However, for Disney to introduce this into the main Star Wars storyline really messes things up. 

If healing people with the force is so "normal" then why did Obi-Wan allow Qui Gon Jinn to die?  Why did both Yoda and Obi-Wan allow Padma to die?  Why did Luke allow Dak to not only die but get crushed by an AT-AT?  And why did Luke allow Anakin to die after he just saved him from the Emperor?  In fact, why didn't Vader bring all his limbs back in Return of the Sith?  Sorry, I guess I went a bit off-topic.  On topic, I don't have a problem with baby Yoda being able to do the force things he's doing and I'm looking forward to him doing something kick-butt in ep 8.