The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

6 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Great episode. Tons of actions and pretty simple storyline.  Love the crosses. 

Is Mando becoming soft??  I mean this guy cut a guy in half in a bar fight.. 

Cameo by Filoni :P

Loved it too, all of the actors did great as the mercenaries. Bill Burr surprised me with how well he did.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Is Mando becoming soft??  I mean this guy cut a guy in half in a bar fight.

Death is too easy.  They're stuck on a prison ship with no human pilot (dead), most of the droids are gone too, and there is no homing beacon (which you knew he was going to put on someone).  I'm not sure I'd call that "soft".  AND he put all three of them in the same cell.  LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

While I enjoyed it, it was my least favorite episode so far.  No real plot movement forward, just Mando getting out of a sticky situation.  The prison scenes after the alarms were cool, though.  Felt like the old Alien movies.  

I think they are going for episodic adventure a la old western, Lone Wolf & Cub, or Samurai Jack. Most episodes barely have anything to do with the overarching main plot, just adventures of main character(s).  I am ok with this approach as the SW universe has so many variety of planets and aliens. 

Feloni also did something similar in Clone Wars series.  Most of episodes involving clones took place in some weird planets or space stations. A lot of their adventures or missions did not really advance the clone wars

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

While I enjoyed it, it was my least favorite episode so far.  No real plot movement forward, just Mando getting out of a sticky situation.  The prison scenes after the alarms were cool, though.  Felt like the old Alien movies.  

The end left me with one feeling - he's running out of places to find sanctuary.  And even those places are dangerous.  Mando to baby Yoda, "I told you this was a bad idea."  lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I think they are going for episodic adventure a la old western, Lone Wolf & Cub, or Samurai Jack. Most episodes barely have anything to do with the overarching main plot, just adventures of main character(s).  I am ok with this approach as the SW universe has so many variety of planets and aliens. 

Feloni also did something similar in Clone Wars series.  Most of episodes involving clones took place in some weird planets or space stations. A lot of their adventures or missions did not really advance the clone wars

Agree with this. Mentioned before in the thread, but this series is just funny to me because we really had no clue what the series was going to be like. It's clearly not the Star Wars version of GOT. If it's just 30-45 minutes each ep where we get to spend time in this universe, and the plot advances slowly, I guess I'm OK with that. I thought this ep was awesome. And we did actually get some good mando backstory.

Baby Yoda looking at his hands at the end after he was about to try the Force like "did I do that?" was hilarious. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Anyone know if the artwork they show during the credits are the art-boards before production? They are fantastic and I really like seeing the artists proposed details and how they are portrayed in live action form. They could really just release all of those in Wallpaper format and I would be happy.

I would say almost definitely about the artwork shown during the credits as being the actual story boards. It is nice to see the original design, and to see how it is sometimes tweaked a bit from the original plans.

I always like mission episodes (like this last one) - and the series has been very Clone Wars (which is great to me).

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Anyone know if the artwork they show during the credits are the art-boards before production? They are fantastic and I really like seeing the artists proposed details and how they are portrayed in live action form. They could really just release all of those in Wallpaper format and I would be happy.

This is correct - I saw it mentioned in an interview with Favreau somewhere. Not sure if others are added after the fact. And agree it would be awesome if you could buy them as prints or digital downloads!