The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

That is the Ahsoka Tano in the Rebel Combat Frigate, a set that was not seen as investment winner at the time by many it seems and was widely available.  I sold mine sold back in 2018 for about what the minfigure is worth now.  That set is now selling for over $200.  I think I am getting into my own "What are your Lego investing mistakes and regrets? Lessons learned" territory.  :(   Where is brickvoyeur when you need him to let us know about these things?!?

Sold my last one. The price was too tempting to not cash out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll put this here for lack of a better place:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daisy-ridley-ted-cruz-star-wars-emotionally-tortured-jedi-texas-power-crisis-181958625.html

anyway; it's interesting that Cruz thinks basically a masculine woman is the "trend breaker". yes it is for us men who think a "strong" woman basically has male physical and emotional traits. Lets be honest...if one was to just read about Cara Dune's character...it would just be assumed she was male.  There's no complexity in her character. 

Yesterday I watched the Marvel "behind the mask" series where the Marvel women artists and writers were remarking on how male artists portray "strong" women characters...by making them physically strong or tough looking (ie how a male is perceived to be "strong")...the implicit message here is that to be strong as a woman one has to act or look like a  male.

seems to be very limited and one dimensional....and definitely not something as a parent we would want daughters to think. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'll put this here for lack of a better place:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daisy-ridley-ted-cruz-star-wars-emotionally-tortured-jedi-texas-power-crisis-181958625.html

anyway; it's interesting that Cruz thinks basically a masculine woman is the "trend breaker". yes it is for us men who think a "strong" woman basically has male physical and emotional traits. Lets be honest...if one was to just read about Cara Dune's character...it would just be assumed she was male.  There's no complexity in her character. 

Yesterday I watched the Marvel "behind the mask" series where the Marvel women artists and writers were remarking on how male artists portray "strong" women characters...by making them physically strong or tough looking (ie how a male is perceived to be "strong")...the implicit message here is that to be strong as a woman one has to act or look like a  male.

seems to be very limited and one dimensional....and definitely not something as a parent we would want daughters to think. 

🙄 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

that scene with all those light sabers....have me intrigued

If they were smart, they should make it a flashback of Vader hunting jedis.  ie DV vs 4 jedis.  I mean, what can be cooler than Vader wasting a bunch of rebel troopers a la the end of R1 ?

Guaranteed instant nostalgia + merch sales = $$$$$$$

But I am just a poor mod on a LEGO website :P

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If they were smart, they should make it a flashback of Vader hunting jedis.  ie DV vs 4 jedis.  I mean, what can be cooler than Vader wasting a bunch of rebel troopers a la the end of R1 ?

Guaranteed instant nostalgia + merch sales = $$$$$$$

But I am just a poor mod on a LEGO website :P

100% Agreed!!

How many more flashbacks of order 66 can we see already. Leave something to imagination >> More likely to ruin it by revisiting.

16 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

100% Agreed!!

How many more flashbacks of order 66 can we see already. Leave something to imagination >> More likely to ruin it by revisiting.

the Order 66 scenes currently out there are all rather disappointing.  Go through all those seaosns of Clone WArs to see how hard it is to actually kill a Jedi; then like 80% of them wiped out in a few seconds by clones?

If something like that were to actually happen I would think the Jedi would sense it (like Yoda) and the immediate surprise would not hold.  There should have been epic battles.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Hope same happens to my forges that have PAz Vizla. What a hero!! lol

In the last two weeks this set has just exploded with the recent episodes.  These are now hitting GBP75 in the UK given the demand.  Put my first set in at GBP70 a few weeks ago and didn't expect it to sell anytime soon, since I expect this set to do well in the coming years and it sold at the weekend.  If rumours of the Armourer are true, expect another bump when the final episode airs and we could be looking at close to GBP100.  Glad I loaded up on these at the end of last year when there were loads sitting on the shelves at GBP25 a piece.