The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

4 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Yep, cancel the 2nd most popular character on your #1 show and all of the merchandise bearing her likeness...

Don't mind me riding the 🚀to the 🌕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yep, cancel the 2nd most popular character on your #1 show and all of the merchandise bearing her likeness...

Don't mind me riding the 🚀to the 🌕

She was popular?  I didn't like her character much at all. 

I'll watch how this goes, but when a character leaves a show, that doesn't really make me want to "collect" it anymore.  

DId people scramble to collect Roseanne merchandise when she was let go?  Would Catwoman get collected suddenly if her character exited?  Sure, maybe a little more at first, but then she is gone and forgotten.  

I'm sure the set will sell just fine and there won't be money lost, but, to me, the appeal this set carries is that there are still 3 minifigs that are collectible, and one loser that I'll never see in another Mandalorian again, thus will be forgotten.  It's a great series, but it's not like I go and rewatch seasons 1 or 2 like I would rewatch Star Wars movies 2-6 + Rogue One.

I'll watch how this goes, but when a character leaves a show, that doesn't really make me want to "collect" it anymore.  
DId people scramble to collect Roseanne merchandise when she was let go?  Would Catwoman get collected suddenly if her character exited?  Sure, maybe a little more at first, but then she is gone and forgotten.  
I'm sure the set will sell just fine and there won't be money lost, but, to me, the appeal this set carries is that there are still 3 minifigs that are collectible, and one loser that I'll never see in another Mandalorian again, thus will be forgotten.  It's a great series, but it's not like I go and rewatch seasons 1 or 2 like I would rewatch Star Wars movies 2-6 + Rogue One.

Of course she was popular. Her minifig will be very collectible. This will be the only set that her minifig is ever in. For a Star Wars character, that in itself pretty much guarantees value. The fact that you call her a loser shows that you are letting your politics affect your buying decision on this one. Which is fine, more for the rest of us to buy.

1 hour ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Did people scramble to collect Roseanne merchandise when she was let go?  Would Catwoman get collected suddenly if her character exited?  Sure, maybe a little more at first, but then she is gone and forgotten.  

That's like comparing apples, to bananas, to oranges.

Roseanne is a TV personality.  Merchandising - if there was even any for her television shows - was not anywhere near the size or scope of Star Wars merchandising.

Catwoman is a character that has been around since Batman #1, Spring of 1940.  An 81 year old character, who has been in mass media for as long as she has is also not equitable to Cara Dune.

If anything, I'd equate her mining to either adult Ahsoka from 75158 (Rebel Frigate) or Zeb from 75053 (The Ghost).

Both are single issue fig, that were of popular characters.  Only available in that one set.  I wouldn't say that Cara will bring the same returns as those two, but I do think it's more likely that her fig will end up closer to them in the end.

54 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Of course she was popular. Her minifig will be very collectible. This will be the only set that her minifig is ever in. For a Star Wars character, that in itself pretty much guarantees value. The fact that you call her a loser shows that you are letting your politics affect your buying decision on this one. Which is fine, more for the rest of us to buy.

She is supposed to appear in the transport set from the Mandolorian.  You think they will just pull the character? 

2 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

That's fine. Unlike people on WSB, I am not trying to convince others 1 way or the other.  Plus, the fewer sellers holding these, the better for us

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

My politics? wtf.   

I didn't like her character in the show and I called the MINIFIG a loser piece.  

My goodness.  SORRY I HAVE AN OPINION on the value on the MINIFIG.

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That's fine. Unlike people on WSB, I am not trying to convince others 1 way or the other.  Plus, the fewer sellers holding these, the better for us

I already have plenty of these.  Just don't need any more so sorry, but I think I'm in the "us" part of that too :) 

Edited by LegoMan1212

My politics? wtf.   
I didn't like her character in the show and I called the MINIFIG a loser piece.  
My goodness.  SORRY I HAVE AN OPINION on the value on the MINIFIG moron.

Ok, maybe I was off base with the politics comment. But if you believe that the other minifigs in this set are the ones that will be collectible instead hers... that just seems ludicrous to me. I would be willing to bet that a year after EOL her minifig is worth more than the other 3 combined.

Just now, Shortbus311 said:

Ok, maybe I was off base with the politics comment. But if you believe that the other minifigs in this set are the ones that will be collectible instead hers... that just seems ludicrous to me. I would be willing to bet that a year after EOL her minifig is worth more than the other 3 combined.

I edited my comment to remove the name calling.  My bad there, it was over the top.

I won't disagree with her's being more valuable than the other 3 combined especially as 2 of them are "eh", but, isn't it A LOT harder for a minifig to create demand when they will never appear in any Star Wars show, movie, comic, etc... ever again?  The other examples that someone pointed out, I feel are seen over and over again in future movies, shows, etc... which keeps their demand way high.   How fast did Boba Fett's vehicle or his minifigs sell once it/he appeared in Mandalorian?  Immediately went North which brought back the thoughts from collectors of "I need that set or minifig again".  This will never occur with her minifig.  The value may be there (holding constant), but it won't see nearly as quickly or will never get a sudden bump again.   This is what I think at least. 

Is it worth investing in the set, of course, it's only $40 for two minifigs that sell for that alone.  That's a no brainer, but will her value be worth it to hold on to long-term.. I'm not going to say No, but I also don't think it will fly off the shelves quickly either, cause less people are going to "think of her" out of the blue, in relation to other characters that still exist over and over again.

• Like 1

I edited my comment to remove the name calling.  My bad there, it was over the top.
I won't disagree with her's being more valuable than the other 3 combined especially as 2 of them are "eh", but, isn't it A LOT harder for a minifig to create demand when they will never appear in any Star Wars show, movie, comic, etc... ever again?  The other examples that someone pointed out, I feel are seen over and over again in future movies, shows, etc... which keeps their demand way high.   How fast did Boba Fett's vehicle or his minifigs sell once it/he appeared in Mandalorian?  Immediately went North which brought back the thoughts from collectors of "I need that set or minifig again".  This will never occur with her minifig.  The value may be there (holding constant), but it won't see nearly as quickly or will never get a sudden bump again.   This is what I think at least. 
Is it worth investing in the set, of course, it's only $40 for two minifigs that sell for that alone.  That's a no brainer, but will her value be worth it to hold on to long-term.. I'm not going to say No, but I also don't think it will fly off the shelves quickly either, cause less people are going to "think of her" out of the blue, in relation to other characters that still exist over and over again.

Zeb hasn’t shown up again anywhere. And while Ashoka has, when her minifig shot up in price it was the latest in the timeline we had ever seen her, and we had no idea at the time that she was going to go any further than one appearance on Rebels. And that minifig is still going for >$100.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I think there's as much a chance Disney with simply recast the Cara Dune character with a similar actress in which case it becomes a crap shoot if the recasting is cause for a new Lego character. 

Jon Favreau is said to be furious about Carano's firing, not so much for her but because of how it affects scripts already written for season 3.  He has publicly stated that he prefers NOT to recast the character but to just do a script rewrite without her.  Of course, that is where the Mandalorian is concerned.  I'm not sure about the Rangers series coming up.  But, since it is new, it is much easier to cast a new character than to replace one that hasn't even shown up yet.

10 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

OK, I've got to ask (and I know that I'm about to have a "duh" moment) but what is WSB?

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Zeb hasn’t shown up again anywhere. And while Ashoka has, when her minifig shot up in price it was the latest in the timeline we had ever seen her, and we had no idea at the time that she was going to go any further than one appearance on Rebels. And that minifig is still going for >$100.

That is the Ahsoka Tano in the Rebel Combat Frigate, a set that was not seen as investment winner at the time by many it seems and was widely available.  I sold mine sold back in 2018 for about what the minfigure is worth now.  That set is now selling for over $200.  I think I am getting into my own "What are your Lego investing mistakes and regrets? Lessons learned" territory.  :(   Where is brickvoyeur when you need him to let us know about these things?!?

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1