The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

4 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I can see your point about MAGA and the racist connection within the context of Pedro's post and think it is valid as a connection. However, when you look at his meme fully and analyze further his meaning is pretty clear as he lists the specific years each ideology lost politically and ceased to have power, clearly tying the connection that these ideologies are losers. Also take into context his tweet was right after the election. 

The problem that I have with Gina's post is that she quotes an unnamed source that uses a simplistic and ultimately misleading understanding of the holocaust to form a false equivalency between antisemitism and hating someone for their political views.  The image itself is profoundly misleading and not even from Nazi Germany, but one taken from the Lviv pogroms in 1941 in Western Ukraine.

He could have used donkeys and elephants if he wanted to focus on political parties or ideologies, the confederacy and swastika were chosen for a specific purpose.  Yes I realize he probably didn't create this meme.

I read through your link and interpret it to be on point for what Gina is describing.  The OUN had a history of anti-Jewish violence and the massacres were carried out by them, some Germans, and local crowds, which may have been motivated by the OUN party. 

I do think it's foolhardy to do a "deep dive" on a meme posted by anyone especially a celebrity.  They're meant to be humorous or make a quick point, even if it's shallow.  Doing mental gymnastics to justify these for people we don't know is a waste of time.  I'd like to think that both of these actors realize we're a far cry from Nazi Germany.

• Like 1

It never felt like a discount to me. It's been on "discount" almost it's entire lifespan. More like MSRP without the Mandolorian tax, comparing to the previous rogue one AT-ST being $40 MSRP. 
I think I'm going to wait. #1 bestseller on Amazon is impressive, but maybe Lego will actually discount it for retirement.

540 pieces so the $50 retail isn’t bad considering a “normal” Disney Star Wars tax should have priced this set around $60.

$40 is a good deal in my opinion, as I’ve been buying these up at that price before this news was announced. Now I’m buying from Target at $50 plus red card to cost average them to around $45.

Yes, I’m sure some people will find these on some crazy local Walmart clearance for $20-$30, but those opportunities will be few and far between. If you want to acquire volume, now is the time to buy. If you’re only trying to get one for personal use, then wait and hope for the best.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, terrymc4677 said:

540 pieces so the $50 retail isn’t bad considering a “normal” Disney Star Wars tax should have priced this set around $60.

$40 is a good deal in my opinion, as I’ve been buying these up at that price before this news was announced. Now I’m buying from Target at $50 plus red card to cost average them to around $45.

Yes, I’m sure some people will find these on some crazy local Walmart clearance for $20-$30, but those opportunities will be few and far between. If you want to acquire volume, now is the time to buy. If you’re only trying to get one for personal use, then wait and hope for the best.

Can we get Target to price match the Amazon price?

Can we get Target to price match the Amazon price?

I haven’t tried yet, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. The problem is that I don’t think they will match all of them if you have a cart full, but rather only 1-2. That means if you’re looking for volume it will require many trips with hopefully a different CSR each time. That policy might vary by store though.

Time is valuable, so I’d rather just buy them all at once in the self check out and be on my way. When these get re-sold 2-3 years from now that $10 difference won’t really matter in my opinion. To some it might.

Others with more experience price matching at Target can probably offer some more insight.
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I see Amazon has a limit of three per order, but you can place multiple orders right? Or is it a hard limit? Just asking since you're buying at Target for $10 more.

I see Amazon has a limit of three per order, but you can place multiple orders right? Or is it a hard limit? Just asking since you're buying at Target for $10 more.

It’s a hard limit of three per week I believe. I bought three a couple of days ago and tried to place another order last night but it wouldn’t let me. It should reset once a week has passed from your first order.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrymc4677 said:

It’s a hard limit of three per week I believe. I bought three a couple of days ago and tried to place another order last night but it wouldn’t let me. It should reset once a week has passed from your first order.

I think it went away for a minute and then came back (the price drop date on the deals list is the 12th), I think when that happens the limits reset sometimes.

Bought 3 yesterday and 2 today on AMZ. Had a 10% off coupon in my account which worked for 5 items but wouldn’t apply to 6 (hence the 2). Had a GC issue on the first order and the CS rep added another $15 in courtesy credit - so got 3 @ $31 each and 2 @ $36 to add to my collection of Meijer Santa Bucks ones.

Hey folks. Just a quick reminder this is a Lego toy site that Ed and Jeff created. Granted this thread is about a TV show and usually does comment about the actors star in it.

This topic seems to be getting off track today. We (the mods) really don’t feel like locking it on a Friday night just to clean it up.

E8F82814-F1B3-4669-8BFC-52F60430C4C5.gif

personally, I bought a bunch of AT-ST sets recently since Lego might not be making more sets with Cara Dune unless a season 2 is too late in the process to change.  Should be a decent flip.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

I haven’t tried yet, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. The problem is that I don’t think they will match all of them if you have a cart full, but rather only 1-2. That means if you’re looking for volume it will require many trips with hopefully a different CSR each time. That policy might vary by store though.

Time is valuable, so I’d rather just buy them all at once in the self check out and be on my way. When these get re-sold 2-3 years from now that $10 difference won’t really matter in my opinion. To some it might.

Others with more experience price matching at Target can probably offer some more insight.

https://target.scene7.com/is/content/Target/GUEST_625b83e8-f353-41bf-8a1c-abc6876f482f

45 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Amazon business has about 53 left. One can order that many at one time, fyi

I can never get more than 3.  I've seen some comment about Amazon Business having different limits at times, but I never get to join in the party.  Unless I'm doing something wrong...

On 2/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, cladner said:

75254 was already going to be a winner.  getting htf in the wild here too - i'm heading out to swipe some easy tax free minty ones put out nearby walmart to dollar average up from the $18 clearance buyin on my current meager stash.

and now its being reported on the MARCH 2021 EOL list.  bust out diamond hands.  pretty amazing how local stock at target is being consumed at msrp - i had 5 stores to hit on my radar but now its down to 2 and they have a handful left not worth it.  barnes and noble has 1 or 2 at most stores.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2