The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

Yes I am a geeky Star Wars nerd and already watched the first episode early this morning.  Will keep it short and sweet.  I thought it was very good and look forward to seeing where they go with it.  I am sure this thread will fill up with spoilers and episode discussion, so stay away if you do not want to get upset.

image.png

I also thought Disney+ was well organized and put together.  Looking forward to watching some other movies I haven't seen in a long time.

To me this had a TV feel, almost Agents of Shield, but that's probably too harsh.  The CGI had a budget feel.  None of that will matter depending on the story, but that is still TBD.

Even before we get to the end of the episode, I had it playing out in my head that the Mandolorian would have a crisis of conscious and not deliver the bounty.  We don't know if that's the case yet, but it seems to be heading in that direction.

3 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

To me this had a TV feel, almost Agents of Shield, but that's probably too harsh.  The CGI had a budget feel.  None of that will matter depending on the story, but that is still TBD.

Even before we get to the end of the episode, I had it playing out in my head that the Mandolorian would have a crisis of conscious and not deliver the bounty.  We don't know if that's the case yet, but it seems to be heading in that direction.

I appreciate what you are saying and do share some of the same sentiment, but there is enough for me to keep seeing where it goes. Hopefully they keep it interesting.

Just now, Jeff Mack said:

I appreciate what you are saying and do share some of the same sentiment, but there is enough for me to keep seeing where it goes. Hopefully they keep it interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I liked it and will keep watching unless it goes completely off the rails.

This episodic release is probably a good thing to keep the hype going, and keep subscribers longer than a week, but I've been spoiled by places dropping a whole season and as the Queen song goes, "I want it all and I want it now."

• Like 1

I thought it was good, didn’t disappoint. This will definitely have an episodic “Clone Wars” feel, only live action. It definitely left me wanting more. 
I already subscribed for 3 years with the D23 special. I also have a year free with my Verizon Unlimited plan, so I should be good until 2023.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Are we talking the pilot for the Mandalorian or Firefly (episode: The Train Job)?  That would be way too ironic, would it not?

NOTE: "The Train Job" was not intended to be the pilot, but it was the one the execs chose. 

Edited by exracer327

Fun episode. But lite on the Mandalorian lore touched on the SW expanded universe. But it’s promising.

A few moments (spoilers):

Salacious B. Crumb watching his friend be slowly barbecued! Amazing!

You can fit a carbon freezing chamber on a pre empire **** bucket? They had to convert a huge area of Cloud city to do that!

Yoda had a love child! You know that’s where this is headed.

Warner Herzog was good and also underwhelming at the same time. Too much build up.

Carl weathers was under used. Hopefully that will change.

Why do they never take off their armor? How do they eat or go to the bathroom. I want answers, damnit!

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Fun episode. But lite on the Mandalorian lore touched on the SW expanded universe. But it’s promising.

A few moments (spoilers):

Salacious B. Crumb watching his friend be slowly barbecued! Amazing!

You can fit a carbon freezing chamber on a pre empire **** bucket? They had to convert a huge area of Cloud city to do that!

In terms of Star Wars years, Return of the Jedi is set in 4 ABY (after the Battle of Yavin) and The Force Awakens is set in 34 ABY, which means The Mandalorian takes place around 9 ABY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Yoda had a love child! You know that’s where this is headed.

I suspect the midichlorians are out of control and hatching force users everywhere...  lol

On a more serious note, that was a whole lot of ppl "guarding" that location without there being a single leader.  So who did he just piss off?  Betting a double-cross of some kind.  Or is (was) the old guy their "leader"?  Would be a good way to keep the team fresh and at the same time forewarn them someone is coming.

• Like 1

In terms of Star Wars years, Return of the Jedi is set in 4 ABY (after the Battle of Yavin) and The Force Awakens is set in 34 ABY, which means The Mandalorian takes place around 9 ABY.

So basically a clone wars era or a bit earlier baby? Can you imagine the hell of caring for an infant for 50 years!
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Wouldn't he have burned up on the Khetanna or did he stay behind at the palace?  Or did Boba rescue him when he flew out of the Sarlacc pit?

I read some of the theories about the Madalorian secretly being Boba Fett. As much as the fan boy in me would love it, I ultimately hope that's not the case (and don't think it will be). They need to blaze some new trails without constantly mucking with the past.

I read some of the theories about the Madalorian secretly being Boba Fett. As much as the fan boy in me would love it, I ultimately hope that's not the case (and don't think it will be). They need to blaze some new trails without constantly mucking with the past.

No, he’s not. Boba Fett had his narrative with a clear back story. This Story is new and clearly someone else via flashbacks.

Pretty sure whatever species Crumb is has more than one member. I just thought it was a funny touch.
  • Like 3