The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

My 11 year old and I enjoyed ep 2 as well. He's also in the boat of generally having lost interest after Solo and TLJ (both of which I think are fine) but he's quite eager to watch the next episode of this. This show is just impossible to make everyone happy with, I'm enjoying it for what it is so far. Yeah there's not much character development yet but there is plenty of mystery and I just enjoy spending time in this world. 

Also, we are not going to get a ton of depth or complex plots for a while. Important I think to just note that this is basically the flagship original show on Disney+ at launch, so it's going to lean toward being more accessible than less in the beginning. And really you don't need deep knowledge of Star Wars canon to be a casual watcher of this show.

If you want good deep dives I enjoy Binge Mode which is part of the Ringer podcast network (what a great web site). They are covering all Star Wars stuff right now and it goes deep and answers some of the questions I see above. 

And if Pop! doesn't have a baby Yoda released before the holidays they are seriously missing out.

Wife, son (13) and I are definitely enjoying watching this show. Cool references to past movies and events. Wife loves "baby Yoda" (though technically, when it's already walking it's not a baby but more like a toddler... a 50 year old toddler. :P ). Disney can really cash in on "baby Yoda" stuffed puppets. Will sell like hotcakes I'm sure!

27 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Disney can really cash in on "baby Yoda" stuffed puppets. Will sell like hotcakes I'm sure!

I'm truly surprised that Disney doesn't have any out on the shelves now. My wife and daughter would definitely buy them. 

As for Pedro Pascal, yes, he was great in GOT, but check him out in Narcos if you haven't. You won't be disappointed. 

• Like 1

I've watched both episodes 3 times and my son can't wait for the next episode.

I just haven’t had the time to sit and watch ep 2 with the boy yet. Maybe tonight. I really enjoyed it and I bet he will too.

He was disappointed when the first episode was over, exclaiming, “that’s it?!? It’s over?!!”
  • Like 2

yeah, my son and i also bought that cool skin. i'm just glad it was the classic stormtrooper and not the newer one. A Clonetrooper would have been good also bit not as cool as the classic 1977-1983 version.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:53 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Sigh. I did that too.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, BrickLegacy said:

My son could care less about Mandalorian but he bought a $15 stormtrooper skin on Fortnite. Does that count?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Another great episode, awesome live action and effects.  If you haven't watched "The Clone Wars", this is the kind of quality story telling you get for the last 3-4 seasons.  I love how they are mixing all kinds of Star Wars lore into this show.

Also reminds me of the quality (and Mando focus) at the end of Rebels. Best SW content in years is on the small screen.

This is the way.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Also, let’s not forget to mention the importance of this.

9a2ca90fc0d1699e8c07ed9929c6d9df.jpg

Damn. Is that from Empire? If they are connecting stuff like that together that is fantastic. Gotta be Filoni. 

We loved ep 3. Most criticism of this show seems to be around story/depth of characters, but there is plenty of that elsewhere, it's an awesome popcorn show to look forward to every Friday. The end was predictable sure, and there's some suspension of disbelief, but who cares it was super fun. 

• Like 1

Damn. Is that from Empire? If they are connecting stuff like that together that is fantastic. Gotta be Filoni. 
We loved ep 3. Most criticism of this show seems to be around story/depth of characters, but there is plenty of that elsewhere, it's an awesome popcorn show to look forward to every Friday. The end was predictable sure, and there's some suspension of disbelief, but who cares it was super fun. 

Yep that’s from Empire, when they are evacuating the city. It’s not Carl Weathers character, but it’s definitely the same kind of cargo carrier.

Could be either of them. Favreau is just as steep in Star Wars lore.

He was in this episode, too.

https://screenrant.com/jon-favreau-star-wars-mandalorian-episode-3-cameo/

He voiced Paz Vizla, the larger Mando that confronted The Mando about working for the Empire, and was the heavy infantry gunslinger. Favreau voices the same character in TCW.
  • Like 1

Wait. Paz Vizla? As in Clone Wars Pre Vizla. Wow. That's awesome. With Solo referencing TCW with Maul, I wonder if we'll see some threads to The Mandelorian in Season 7 in Feb?

Yup! One in the same. Favreau voices him in TCW.

The Mando mentioned “the underworld” in Chapter 1. But Mail would already be dead for probably 15? years at this point.

Which is available on Disney+

It has this beauty in it, too

d02f6bc508e7d1e662adc2909d612c11.jpg

But I digress.

I just finished the episode. Really liked it. Liked how they came out of hiding. Loved the ending. I may have let out a sharp yahoo! When that happened.

Okay, which one of you took this and posted it to Reddit. Lol

Jennifer Connelly - The Rocketeer (1991)