The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

I'm hoping the new Mandelorian battle pack has 4 different Mando's in it,j including this guy. We saw a similar build with the Rogue 1 At St and Blaze.

I wonder how deep Disney plans to use the Legends narratives for Mandolorian history? In some storylines it is more or less a cult any member of any species may join so long as they worship war, rather than a cohesive society of mostly human clans that we saw in Clone Wars and Rebels. I’m guessing with the whole foundling thing we’ll see a mix of narratives but not sure.

In theory we could see a Wookie don the armor and fly in a jet pack.

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

In theory we could see a Wookie don the armor and fly in a jet pack.

The Wookielorian? I'm down with that.

I'm still curious to see when the Purge of Mandalore took place. I'm assuming it must have been during the OT, since Mandalore was still around as of the end of Rebels (-1BBY), and the Empire was done as of ROTJ (4 ABY). That gives about a 5 year window for the purge to have occurred. The Mandalorian is ~10 ABY, so the Mandalore culture has been living underground for 5-10 years now....

Edited by Mr_Coat

Finally watched the 3 episodes.  Major Lone Wolf and a Cub vibe in these episodes.  These 3 episodes could have been combined to a 1.5 hour pilot episode

A few small observations:
- Mandalorian armors are better than Imperial one.  Mando got shot twice on the shoulder and all he got was a couple of dents on the armor
- Mando's new armor only stayed brand new for a few hours, then he got shot on the shoulder
- He killed that rhino thing with a knife, really? :P
- The Whistling something / small missile shooter, wasn't that a call back to Rebels?
- Is he going to get a new pod / crib for baby Yoda?
- I got way too much enjoyment watching Jawas blown up to oblivion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I enjoyed watching chapter 4, the series keep getting better and better . 

I thought this was the weakest one by far, the tone just felt way off. My son was VERY concerned he was just going to leave baby Yoda, so I think the audience is certainly invested. Next ep though I hope they get back to why baby Yoda is important in the first place. 

Also, spoilers, and man I hate to nitpick but I loved how the AT-ST is such a fearsome machine to Mando and the other lady, and I was laughing thinking freaking Ewoks took down like three of those things lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nolanfan34 said:

I thought this was the weakest one by far, the tone just felt way off. My son was VERY concerned he was just going to leave baby Yoda, so I think the audience is certainly invested. Next ep though I hope they get back to why baby Yoda is important in the first place. 

Also, spoilers, and man I hate to nitpick but I loved how the AT-ST is such a fearsome machine to Mando and the other lady, and I was laughing thinking freaking Ewoks took down like three of those things lol. 

I thought the change in tone was needed and strategically placed. Fully expect "normal" services to resume on the next one. 

I thought Chapter 4 had lots of nice feel good moments. It seemed more like a TV episode than the others, well, until the AT-ST showed up. It lumbering through the woods with the peering red windows was very cool. Also, Baby Yoda sipping on the soup while watching Mando and Cara fight was worth the price of admission.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Has anybody noticed that the "chic" from the Jurassic World is the actual director of this? (at least for the 4th episode). Just noticed it tonight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_Dallas_Howard

Yes. Ron Howard's daughter. I had forgotten she directed this episode until I saw the credits. 

Thinking about it again today, I think in the end I really did like most of it except the romance angle with Mando and the widow lady. That just felt forced - maybe because we don't see his face so it seems a little weird she'd be all randy for some dude she really can't see at all. 

One thing that will age forever on the internet is the shot with baby Yoda drinking the broth....ep is worth it for that alone. 

• Like 3

Yes. Ron Howard's daughter. I had forgotten she directed this episode until I saw the credits. 
Thinking about it again today, I think in the end I really did like most of it except the romance angle with Mando and the widow lady. That just felt forced - maybe because we don't see his face so it seems a little weird she'd be all randy for some dude she really can't see at all. 
One thing that will age forever on the internet is the shot with baby Yoda drinking the broth....ep is worth it for that alone. 

I hope there’s some pay off with that woman. It seems to me that she’s obviously got experience with weapons and maybe with Mandos? But how? Where?

But then again, maybe she has a thing for guys in armor. Stormtroopers, Mandos, etc.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

I hope there’s some pay off with that woman. It seems to me that she’s obviously got experience with weapons and maybe with Mandos? But how? Where?

But then again, maybe she has a thing for guys in armor. Stormtroopers, Mandos, etc.

She will have a longer part for sure. There's no way she was in just that episode given she's been on Con panels and things. I am assuming they will become a team of some sort. Thumbs up for that.