The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

On 12/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

My only minor gripe on the episode.  Anyone who watched Rebels know the whole handing over darksaber thing was BS.  This one stuck in my head because it was also weird in Rebels.  Sabine got the saber, trained to use it, only to hand it over to Bo Katan ???  Also, Bo Katan received it in front of a bunch of Mandalorians, so it was not exactly a secret :D 

This darksaber thing, as you have stated, keeps bothering me.  In fact, I'm even more convinced that Sabine Wren is going to show up in The Mandalorian.  Then I start wondering did Ahsoka and Sabine already find Ezra (very end of Rebels) since they are apparently separated and Ahsoka (soon to have own show) is looking for Thrawn?  Or did they split up looking for Ezra & Thrawn?  And does Sabine still have Ezra's green lightsaber (end of Rebels)?

If Sabine has Ezra's light saber, she could spar with Mando and win the darksaber from him.  Then she could retake and lead Mandalore like she should have done in Rebels.  Apparently she stayed to lead Lothal (Ezra's home) during the Galactic War (end of Rebels).  I just hope The Mandalorian doesn't become Rebels 2.0 or Rebels Post-war. 

We know that characters are not frivolously introduced but will come back later, possibly even the following season.  So we'll see the cloaked lady on the water planet (possibly Sabine Wren, currently untitled character), we'll see Migs Mayfield again, all the ladies in the season finale and Boba Fett will probably show up on occasion.  I don't know we'll see Grogu in season three.  Maybe some sort of finale in season 4 or 5?  Will the armorer from season one show up and reveal her face too?

I can see a series finale with all the Mandalorians throughout the entire show uniting to retake Mandalore, including Luke and a lightsaber wielding Grogu.  Will Ezra show up as well?  Will Mando settle down to have his own family or ride off into the sunset like Pale Rider?

*sigh*  only 11 months to go for season three...  My wife and daughter are already throwing fits.  Well done Favreau and Filoni, I think you got us hooked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

didn’t feel forced at all and was a testament to F&F’s fantastic writing

Amen. It's just really refreshing to have female characters who DON'T function as eye candy, a love interest 20 years younger than the male lead, a token diversity squad member, or a damsel in distress needing to be saved. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

We know that characters are not frivolously introduced but will come back later, possibly even the following season.  So we'll see the cloaked lady on the water planet 

You keep mentioning her; I believe she was just the 3rd Mandolorian accompanying Bocaton.

My boy and I tried to apply logical reasoning into what happened to Ezra.  Knowing what we know of Thrawn, who is a Ciss (which live in the outer-outer rim); the space whales likely took them to the outer-outer rim..ie where Thrawn is familiar.  I suspect he got the upper hand on Ezra who likely escaped in an escape pod to a remote planet and is currently stranded. Thrawn regains control of his ship (his success is evidenced by his apprentice alive and active) and is likely the mastermind or top ranking Imperial after Palpatines "death".

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

You keep mentioning her; I believe she was just the 3rd Mandolorian accompanying Bocaton.

image.thumb.png.84011dad16b087098aa7d60e2408cbe1.png

Both played by Sasha Banks

She was just scouting Mando... which is how they knew where to find him when he went on the Quarren ship of fun. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just re-watched the finale, and realized that Mando's handpicked squad was all female (+Boba Fett backing up in Slave I). And the awesome thing was that I didn't even notice that the first time around…because it was an organic part of the story, and each of these characters had already shown themselves to be extremely proficient warriors:
Cara Dune-former shock trooper with MMA level fight skills; Fennec Shand-elite sniper and part bionic woman; Bo Katan-Mandalorian resistance leader and former Darksaber wielder; & Koska Reeves-badass Mandalorian with WWE level fight skills.
This, of course, made me question Marvel's reasoning during the Endgame finale (which I absolutely loved, except when they made a point to have all the female heroes band together.) That scene felt so forced…I didn't buy it at all, and several folks around me in the audience actually groaned. So big kudos to Filoni and Favreau for writing great characters (male, female, alien, and everything in between) and not shoe horning any nonsense in. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_12/tenor.gif.c4c86004fdbf08a384e28272eefa7adf.gif

I honestly wouldn’t have noticed if someone else hadn’t mentioned it. i just saw some badass characters doing their thing. It never occurred to me that it was an all-female squad.
  • Like 2

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

I honestly wouldn’t have noticed if someone else hadn’t mentioned it. i just saw some badass characters doing their thing. It never occurred to me that it was an all-female squad.

When they came down the ramp out of the shuttle, I was like, ok that's how you do it.  I kept saying it throughout the entire episode, "That's how you do it!"

• Like 3

This darksaber thing, as you have stated, keeps bothering me.  In fact, I'm even more convinced that Sabine Wren is going to show up in The Mandalorian.  Then I start wondering did Ahsoka and Sabine already find Ezra (very end of Rebels) since they are apparently separated and Ahsoka (soon to have own show) is looking for Thrawn?  Or did they split up looking for Ezra & Thrawn?  And does Sabine still have Ezra's green lightsaber (end of Rebels)?
If Sabine has Ezra's light saber, she could spar with Mando and win the darksaber from him.  Then she could retake and lead Mandalore like she should have done in Rebels.  Apparently she stayed to lead Lothal (Ezra's home) during the Galactic War (end of Rebels).  I just hope The Mandalorian doesn't become Rebels 2.0 or Rebels Post-war. 
We know that characters are not frivolously introduced but will come back later, possibly even the following season.  So we'll see the cloaked lady on the water planet (possibly Sabine Wren, currently untitled character), we'll see Migs Mayfield again, all the ladies in the season finale and Boba Fett will probably show up on occasion.  I don't know we'll see Grogu in season three.  Maybe some sort of finale in season 4 or 5?  Will the armorer from season one show up and reveal her face too?
I can see a series finale with all the Mandalorians throughout the entire show uniting to retake Mandalore, including Luke and a lightsaber wielding Grogu.  Will Ezra show up as well?  Will Mando settle down to have his own family or ride off into the sunset like Pale Rider?
*sigh*  only 11 months to go for season three...  My wife and daughter are already throwing fits.  Well done Favreau and Filoni, I think you got us hooked.

We don’t know when in the timeline the ending of Rebels takes place. Filoni has even said that things aren’t necessarily in order.

At the end of Rebels, Ahsoka is white-rob clad. She wasn’t there yet in Mando. I suspect she’s still hunting for Thrawn right now. Thrawn has probably been in contact now, and she’s gotten wind of that. But doesn’t know where he is. Once she finds Thrawn’s location, that’s when she recruits Sabine (ending of Rebels) to go after Ezra.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

We don’t know when in the timeline the ending of Rebels takes place. Filoni has even said that things aren’t necessarily in order.

At the end of Rebels, Ahsoka is white-rob clad. She wasn’t there yet in Mando. I suspect she’s still hunting for Thrawn right now. Thrawn has probably been in contact now, and she’s gotten wind of that. But doesn’t know where he is. Once she finds Thrawn’s location, that’s when she recruits Sabine (ending of Rebels) to go after Ezra.

Interesting, so Sabine cold still be on Lothal at this time.  Hmm... so many possibilities - all good ones imho.  Thx!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Cara Dune is canceled... grab up those minifigs while you can haha

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mandalorian-gina-carano-1234905589/

If you waited until now, you are way behind.  I got all of the cheap US BL and BO ones.  I'm over 50 with a few deliveries yet to arrive.

It's a shame, too.  She really did nothing wrong beyond having an opinion and a sense of humor.  I hate it!  Damn Kennedy SW "fans."

Edited by raindog
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, raindog said:

If you waited until now, you are way behind.  I got all of the cheap US BL and BO ones.  I'm over 50 with a few deliveries yet to arrive.

It's a shame, too.  She really did nothing wrong beyond having an opinion and a sense of humor.  I hate it!  Damn Kennedy SW "fans."

75254 🚀🚀🚀

😄

• Like 2

Most of her comments are just standard twitter stupidity but her comments about Jews were very offensive. I would have fired her.

Good in fight scenes but her acting was mediocre at best. They don't need her in the next season anyways. They will need to introduce new characters, especially if the baby is gone.

Sounds like she lost a starring role on Rangers. Nope, those millions in Star Wars bucks including toys and the like are not as important as the need to spread fear and hate on social media. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Most of her comments are just standard twitter stupidity but her comments about Jews were very offensive. I would have fired her.

Good in fight scenes but her acting was mediocre at best. They don't need her in the next season anyways. They will need to introduce new characters, especially if the baby is gone.

Sounds like she lost a starring role on Rangers. Nope, those millions in Star Wars bucks including toys and the like are not as important as the need to spread fear and hate on social media. 

Lets label it Social Media Stupid Syndrome, SMSS. The first time it happened, Ive heard Jon went to bat for her pretty hard to keep her on the show. Part of me wonders if they left her Season 2 closure of "going back home" as vague as it was in light of this sort of thing happening again. 

If you have those thoughts, keep them to yourselves, why post it publicly?

• Like 2

Wonder what this will do to the value of the AT-ST Raider. I think it's the only set she appears in and I can't see Lego wanting to include her in anything else moving forwards.

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

If you have those thoughts, keep them to yourselves, why post it publicly?

Spot on. If you have a job in the public eye you need to keep a reasonably clean profile. Hell, you do even if you aren't in the public eye. Employers regularly check Facebook and Twitter feeds before employing people to make sure they aren't hiring a lunatic.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Yeah, anti-Semitic pogroms, ethnic cleansing, and genocide are in NO WAY equivalent to disliking someone for their political views. You don't want to touch the Holocaust and any sort of false equivalency with ten-foot pole on social media.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TANV said:

Yeah, anti-Semitic pogroms, ethnic cleansing, and genocide are in NO WAY equivalent to disliking someone for their political views. You don't want to touch the Holocaust and any sort of false equivalency with ten-foot pole on social media.

Pedro Pascal and Mark Hamill have called Trump supporters Nazis before and faced no backlash whatsoever. This is a double standard.

Hell, Disney heavily minimized John Boyega on the Chinese posters for TFA and thanked the CCP in the credits. This is just virtue-signaling from a PR firm.

Edited by thegraverobber
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, thegraverobber said:

Pedro Pascal and Mark Hammil have called Trump supporters Nazis before and faced no backlash whatsoever. This is a double standard.

Hell, Disney heavily minimized John Boyega on the Chinese posters for TFA and thanked the CCP in the credits. This is just virtue-signaling from a PR firm.

Unrelated to this whole dustup, I don't know why they would bother paying for a better known actor like Pascal.  His face is covered most of the time, it was reported that he didn't do a good chunk of the acting, and his voice doesn't seem the recognizable, should have got somebody cheaper.

• Like 1

Pedro Pascal and Mark Hammil have called Trump supporters Nazis before and faced no backlash whatsoever. This is a double standard.

I absolutely love Mark. Geez Luke has been my guy for 44 years.

But Mark is super political and if it wasn’t for my love of Luke I’d have completely ignored him years ago. As others have said, it’s best to keep your mouth shut about politics online.

This is definitely a double standard, and not surprising. It’s definitely a virtue signaling. We’ve seen it before from Disney.

Edit to add: not saying her opinion was correct. But consistency is key. Either cancel all or ignore all.
  • Like 9