The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

17 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

We know from them driving past the other blown up transports that this wasn’t new. I think you’re being pretty generous with the writing, which in its defense, was rightly more concerned with character development this episode than action.

These were completely undefended transports . . . They couldn’t even speed up to avoid being intercepted because their cargo would blow. They had a huge contingent of storm troopers at the base and literally one of them sitting atop a transport armed with a blaster would have been at least something in the form of protection.

It was an action sequence for the sake of action sequences and it was fine for what it was in the context of the plot but the scene really could use a bit more thought in terms of logic.

They could not have TIE patrolling because they might accidentally shoot the transports.  As shown in episode, the TIE could not effectively shot those small barges on the open road without hitting the surrounding area.  The "pirates" objective was to destroy the transports so it did not matter to them how the transports were to be destroyed. 

Also, a stormtrooper with a blaster might accidentally shoot the transport, even MAyfield complained when Mando started shooting the "pirates".  Thus hand to hand combat it was.

What I cannot defend is why those pirates / rebels did not come with blasters.  If the stuffs were so explosive, they could just shoot the transports from the back.  Even if only 1 tire was hit, the transport could still go boom

On 12/13/2020 at 5:55 AM, Mark Twain said:

The pirates scene didn’t work for me logically. You’re a secret imperial mining operation with finite resources but you leave important transports unguarded?

Pirates goal is usually to loot and sell cargo, not blow it up, right?

How can a whole group of pirates each have a thermal detonator and not one of them carry a blaster?

Why didn’t the pirates mine the road?

Why didn’t the Empire have ties flying patrol in the air at the time?

Ultimately it was a fun action sequence to watch but not something really thought out that well.

Based on the scene of Mayfeld and Mando driving through the village and discussing how the New Republic is no better, I interpreted them not as pirates but as native "freedom fighters" that were trying to disrupt operations in order to drive the military presence off their home world. Hence they just want to blow up the tanks. 

That would also mean they're not professionals - and it might've been an entire operation just to secure some thermal detonators and/or skiffs. Perhaps they don't have the expertise to convert detonators into mines.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:36 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

First episode that I thought was well balanced.  Mando actually did a lot of things and it did not feel like he was guest staring in his own show. Everybody got to kill / destroy something, even the Stormtroopers :shocked: 

The guy who wrote and directed this episode (Rick Famuyiwa) should write and direct every other episodes.  Per his imdb, he also wrote and directed the prisoner episode which was also one of the best from season 1.

I forgot to look at who directed this one - thanks. I like the variety (it also helps serve as a Director farm system for Star Wars) but I'd definitely like to see more from him. Those may be my two favorite episodes of the series so far, though, the top scene for me has to go to the Scout Troopers from Taika. 

Posting this in quotes so it doesn't read in the feed. Open at your own risk:

While it was nice to see him go Rogue One hallway like his father, the constant cameos are hurting the story. It became guest star of the week.

We know the fate of Grogu anyways. Mandalorian takes place in 9ABY. Kylo Ren destroyed Luke's Jedi Academy in 28ABY. 19 years for the little guy isn't much, since he is 50 (born 41BBY) and barely a functional toddler. There's little doubt Rian Johnson and his shitty movie destroyed the little guy.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

Finally, some people at Disney do the original films justice while making a quality “live” product. It only took two people who starred in the Swingers before directing (forever B level comic character) Iron Man films & another who did cartoon series to get it right.  Whereas big Hollywood people like JJ Abrams,  Kathleen Kennedy , & Rian Johnson all failed.

• Like 6

Finally!  This is the Jedi we have been looking for.  Shame he never gave them his name. lol

And did anyone watch the credits to the end?  If you haven't you need to go watch it again.  "The Book of _ _ _ _"!!!  Dec. 2021 on Disney+.  I don't recall this being in the announcement at the Disney shareholder's meeting.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Finally!  This is the Jedi we have been looking for.  Shame he never gave them his name. lol

And did anyone watch the credits to the end?  If you haven't you need to go watch it again.  "The Book of _ _ _ _"!!!  Dec. 2021 on Disney+.  I don't recall this being in the announcement at the Disney shareholder's meeting.

Everybody was wondering why the rumored Boba Fett show wasn't announced, this is why.

• Like 2

Wow! That's basically how Episode 7 should have started. We have totally forgotten how many awesome characters that Lucasfilm and JJ Abrams had access to and simply didn't use out of arrogance.

Just read about two interesting theories... one that it was R2D2 who saved Grogu at the Jedi Temple in Episode 3 because he seemed so happy to see him in this episode.

Also the smackdown of the sequel trilogy....Luke takes a jab at Rey by saying that having power is one thing but training is another.

#remakethesequeltrilogy

Edited by sauromosis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sauromosis said:

Wow! That's basically how Episode 7 should have started. We have totally forgotten how many awesome characters that Lucasfilm and JJ Abrams had access to and simply didn't use out of arrogance.

Just read about two interesting theories... one that it was R2D2 who saved Grogu at the Jedi Temple because he seemed so happy to see him in this episode.

Also the smackdown of the sequel trilogy....Luke takes a jab at Rey by saying that having power is one thing but training is another.

#remakethesequeltrilogy

I think Grogu will somehow  be reunited with Mando and avoid the massacre .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauromosis said:

I mean when Grogu was rescued from Anakin when he killed the younglings.

Here is my theory on how Anakin missed Grogu in the Jedi temple: When Anakin came and killed the younglings, it sent a huge shock through the force.  Grogu was in the same building and the shock gave him such a trauma causing amnesia.  When he lost his memory, he was disconnected from the Force.  From that point on, Anakin/Vader and Palp can no longer sense Grogu's abilities through the Force.  Grogu was not exactly a youngling so he would not train with the other younglings and was small enough he could easily hid somewhere in the temple

When Grogu was put on that stone on Jedi temple, he dialed back in to the Force (blue light of convenience).  One guy happened to look for beings with special talents, detected Grogu's presence through the Force, and tracked him down

Dang it this show made me theorycrafting.  I only theorycraft for the shows I like (ie. in the Rebels & GoT threads).  Good job F & F, I did not think I would care for SW again anytime so soon

• Like 4

So where is the show going from here?...unlike past episodes there's no clear window towards it direction.

The loose ends are clear:

Mando is left holding the Dark Saber and ofcourse the plight of Mandalore...and Ms Baton focused on both.

the good bye between mando and Grogu was too sincere...I don't see them getting re-united anytime soon

there's also what to do w/ Grogu's blood and Moff Gideon in custody (Cara gets next dibs on Moff, I guess)

...on a side note; kinda tired of Disney using Mando as pilots for other shows...I guess it could eventually become like Marvel Universe where the shows all take place at the same time and we see interactions within a single timeline on different shows...but dang...hard to commit the time to watch 4+ shows to know what's going on. Much easier to keep up when they are movies.

49 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Mando is left holding the Dark Saber and ofcourse the plight of Mandalore...and Ms Baton focused on both.

I have seen the Mandalorian political stuffs in CW and Rebels, quite frankly I have no interest for its rehash here even though the show is called The Mandalorian.  I'd rather see Mando going to various shipyards & junkyards trying to find new ship while doing sidequests.

57 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the good bye between mando and Grogu was too sincere...I don't see them getting re-united anytime soon

Agreed.  Season 3 rating is going to deep without Grogu.  It will lose more viewers if the Mandalorian political stuffs get too convoluted.  They probably end up making a day in Grogu's training episode just to drum up viewers :D

Two things:

1) Mandalorian season one showed a hooded figure, but not who it was.  It ended up being Boba Fett who played a pretty important role season two.

Mandalorian season two, new hooded figure on the water world where Mando first meets Bo-katan.  We  (Mando) get a glimpse at her and then she disappears.  Sasha Banks is credited as being part of that episode but no character name was given.  She is another MMA fighter like Gina Carano. 

2) I just re-watched Rebels "Heroes of Mandalore: Part 2".  At the end, Sabine hands the Blacksaber to Bo-katan and Bo-katan accepts it.  As this is Filoni's as well, I'm wondering how he is going to play it that it "has to be won" which is what the Mandalorians said in part 1 but didn't do in part 2.  Sabine had won it prior to handing it to Bo-katan. 

What if Sabine Wren is the one who will retake Mandalore and NOT Bo-katan?

Sasha Banks - hooded figure - Mandalorian.jpg