The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

When did folks here get so literal.  It's like we are reviewing legal briefs instead of a reseller's forum

let's get over the "gotcha" arguments and let's try to give our fellow members some latitude...if the spirit of the post is right, then it's all good.

soon posting will be no fun w/ both the spelling police, grammar police, and now the legal board reviewers

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Here's a fresh (non-football related) take:

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-cara-dune-lucy-lawless-gina-carano-recast/

I think both Disney and Gina were out of line…and Disney is always going to win in a power struggle. But they could keep the character alive with a recasting choice. Thoughts?

so in the post movie credits:

"Casting by : Reddit Users"

Social Media continues to surprise me 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I just want to add...anyone using the millions of likes, views, comments, etc...as some sort of validation...a cute kitten vid typically gets the same level of response.

Agreed, but that's what makes social media such a powerful force…for good and bad. 

No one has mentioned that the Carano thing is fallout from the Kennedy/Filoni war.  Carano is/was everything that the Kennedy camp wanted Rey to be in the sequel trilogy: A strong, female character that is taken to SW fans' bosom and that sells lots of merchandise to the parents of little girls everywhere.  Cara Dune's figures were snapped up while Rey's just sat on the shelf.  I'm 100% positive that Kennedy was a major force in having Carano removed once twitter snowflakes directed their ire at her.  Carano is the modern female Luke Skywalker, the exact thing that Rey was supposed to be but was rejected.  Don't forget, the same exact crowd tried to pull this **** on Rosario Dawson.

aaa.gif.d5019d5dfa9483f9e1d49da61361638c.gif

• Like 2

I was waiting to answer the question after seeing your post on being upset about colin being censored.  Very mature though.

I’m not sure why you’ve decided to take this so personal.

I have not presented an opinion on Colin in any public forum, so there’s no post to find. No “gotcha” here.

I don’t have a particularly strong opinion on Gina’s issue either. I liked the character, and bummed we won’t see her again. But I also arm swept a couple of Walmart’s today for AT-STs because I’m far more concerned with how her minifig will perform then the choices she’s made for herself.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

because I’m far more concerned with how her minifig will perform then the choices she’s made for herself.

Less than 24 hours ago, her minifig could have been had for under $7 and there were at least 40 sellers.  As of 0530 pm, CST tonight:

aaa.thumb.jpg.a76ecd7405e1ded528bc5075471a1288.jpg

I'm dumping 30 of mine at $28.  No way can this rise be sustained.  At this price, there won't be an intact 73254 anywhere.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m not sure why you’ve decided to take this so personal.

I have not presented an opinion on Colin in any public forum, so there’s no post to find. No “gotcha” here.

I don’t have a particularly strong opinion on Gina’s issue either. I liked the character, and bummed we won’t see her again. But I also arm swept a couple of Walmart’s today for AT-STs because I’m far more concerned with how her minifig will perform then the choices she’s made for herself.

Hmm, would LEGO put AT-ST on retirement list just because Gina was fired ?  What's stopping them from producing more if this news increases the demand for that set ?

4 minutes ago, raindog said:

Less than 24 hours ago, her minifig could have been had for under $7 and there were at least 40 sellers.  As of 0530 pm, CST tonight:

aaa.thumb.jpg.a76ecd7405e1ded528bc5075471a1288.jpg

I'm dumping 30 of mine at $28.  No way can this rise be sustained.  At this price, there won't be an intact 73254 anywhere.

Hold the Line!

(Reddit Gamestop guy)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Hmm, would LEGO put AT-ST on retirement list just because Gina was fired ?  What's stopping them from producing more if this news increases the demand for that set ?

Once Disney broke the contract with Carano does that negate Carano's likeness clause?  How can Disney continue to license Carano's likeness once they fire her (unless that is explicitly written into her contract?)  This is a mess and I hope that it turns out to be a bad legal mess for Disney.  Best thing for us (collectors/resellers) is that they have to cease the sell of the set until an altered Cara Dune can be inserted.

Edited by raindog

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

it would be more like LEGO to attempt a recall and re-release a version with another MF...and bungle it every step of the way

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

The Mouse is all powerful.

For all of you that got in on her minifig when it was

Yes, but the Mouse is also in huge debt with little to no revenue stream (I have no idea what their investors are smoking, probably the same stuffs as GME diamond hands :D )

4 minutes ago, raindog said:

Once Disney broke the contract with Carano does that negate Carano's likeness clause?  How can Disney continue to license Carano's likeness once they fire her (unless that is explicitly written into her contract?)  This is a mess and I hope that it turns out to be a bad legal mess for Disney.  Best thing for us (collectors/resellers) is that they have to cease the sell of the set until an altered Cara Dune can be inserted.

I would  think the use of likeness is in perpetuity for that character as depicted on screen? But I am not an entertainment lawyer

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it would be more like LEGO to attempt a recall and re-release a version with another MF...and bungle it every step of the way

That would assume Cara Dune is big enough character to go through all the trouble