The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

1 hour ago, Lego Lass said:

Here's a fresh (non-football related) take:

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-cara-dune-lucy-lawless-gina-carano-recast/

I think both Disney and Gina were out of line…and Disney is always going to win in a power struggle. But they could keep the character alive with a recasting choice. Thoughts?

image.png.c710e49b304024a98dc35873e81caa7b.png

They could swap in Mariska Hargitay and literally no one would notice.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yes, but the Mouse is also in huge debt with little to no revenue stream (I have no idea what their investors are smoking, probably the same stuffs as GME diamond hands :D )

According to their Q4 earnings today, Disney+ subscriptions is making up for any loss in their other businesses.  They posted an unexpected profit and are planning on reinvesting more of the Disney+ cash across all their businesses.  I believe the quote was "Disney+ has exceeded our wildest expectations".  Of course, this might not have been the case had people been out and about all year.  But, it seems they'll make money one way or another.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To bring balance to this thread, that 1 vehicle featured in every ep9 trailers is still available on Amazon for MSRP: "They fly now"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PX3XF7J/

*** This is NOT an endorsement to buy anything on Amazon for investment or otherwise ***

Lol, I felt like I was on WSB for a second.

Does anyone else remember the Pedro Pascal tweet from last November, immediately after the election?

If I remember right it said: "losers 1865" (confederate flag); "losers 1945" (Nazi flag), "losers 2020" (Republicans).  The real irony is Republicans were on the winning side in 1865 (union, technically USA) and 1945 (USA).  

Recently Pedro had another tweet with a picture comparing a concentration camp to kids behind bars, except the picture with the kids behind bars wasn't even from the USA.  It had been cropped from some celebration in another country and the kids were playing.

I think Gina has a valid lawsuit against Disney and her talent agency for wrongful termination.  If Disney is going to permit Pedro and other people within Lucasfilm to post junk without repercussions, then what right do they have to fire Gina?

Now there are people screaming for Pedro to be fired because of his tweets.  Seriously, everyone needs to take it down about 10 notches.  

Maybe we should start a new hashtag, #canceltwitter to save people from themselves because 144 characters is just enough rope to hang yourself with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Does anyone else remember the Pedro Pascal tweet from last November, immediately after the election?

If I remember right it said: "losers 1865" (confederate flag); "losers 1945" (Nazi flag), "losers 2020" (Republicans).  The real irony is Republicans were on the winning side in 1865 (union, technically USA) and 1945 (USA).  

Recently Pedro had another tweet with a picture comparing a concentration camp to kids behind bars, except the picture with the kids behind bars wasn't even from the USA.  It had been cropped from some celebration in another country and the kids were playing.

Exactly.  I have a special hatred for those that move to the US, fleeing their own country, and then spend their time here criticizing all or parts of the country or its people.  I have lived in both the UK and Philippines.  I was in the Philippines for the Marcos era as well as Aquino (i'm an old fart.)  In both countries, I saw things that I didn't like politically but I always kept my mouth shut about them.  Number 1, I didn't have the lifetime experience dealing with them that those people had.  I didn't feel qualified to comment on them.  Number two, I was a guest and not a citizen of those countries.  And if I had become a citizen, why would I criticize a country (or its people) in which I took refuge?

Now get off my lawn, you punks!

Edited by raindog

10 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

Here's a fresh (non-football related) take:

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-cara-dune-lucy-lawless-gina-carano-recast/

I think both Disney and Gina were out of line…and Disney is always going to win in a power struggle. But they could keep the character alive with a recasting choice. Thoughts?

Probably isn't any need to recast the same character. the space could be filled with another female former Rebel Alliance warrior with a similar skill set but, a different name and back story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Probably isn't any need to recast the same character. the space could be filled with another female former Rebel Alliance warrior with a similar skill set but, a different name and back story.

I feel sorry for the actor filling her shoes. If they make it obvious and force it down the throats of fans, they are in for a rough road. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raindog said:

Exactly.  I have a special hatred for those that move to the US, fleeing their own country, and then spend their time here criticizing all or parts of the country or its people.  I have lived in both the UK and Philippines.  I was in the Philippines for the Marcos era as well as Aquino (i'm an old fart.)  In both countries, I saw things that I didn't like politically but I always kept my mouth shut about them.  Number 1, I didn't have the lifetime experience dealing with them that those people had.  I didn't feel qualified to comment on them.  Number two, I was a guest and not a citizen of those countries.  And if I had become a citizen, why would I criticize a country (or its people) in which I took refuge?

Now get off my lawn, you punks!

138657162_Getoffmylawn.gif.ab90a745d3fe2d9b7c379e2e9824917c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, stackables said:

$40 is a discount

It never felt like a discount to me. It's been on "discount" almost it's entire lifespan. More like MSRP without the Mandolorian tax, comparing to the previous rogue one AT-ST being $40 MSRP. 
I think I'm going to wait. #1 bestseller on Amazon is impressive, but maybe Lego will actually discount it for retirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Setheronie said:

It never felt like a discount to me. It's been on "discount" almost it's entire lifespan. More like MSRP without the Mandolorian tax, comparing to the previous rogue one AT-ST being $40 MSRP. 
I think I'm going to wait. #1 bestseller on Amazon is impressive, but maybe Lego will actually discount it for retirement.

Lego never discounts, the retailers do. The only way we'll see large discounts is if retailers order a lot because it's selling so well, Lego actually produces the extra sets and then season 2 is a bust. That's a lot of ifs. Especially Lego adding an extra production run. I don't know how adaptive their production is but considering how frequently (and predictable) popular sets are in short supply, they don't seem to do a great job at that.