The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I absolutely love Mark. Geez Luke has been my guy for 44 years.

But Mark is. Sry political and if it wasn’t for my love of Luke I’d have completely ignored him years ago. As others have said, it’s best to keep your mouth shut about politics online.

This is definitely a double standard, and not surprising. It’s definitely a virtue signaling. We’ve seen it before from Disney.

Look up Jack Morrissey 🤪

39 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I absolutely love Mark. Geez Luke has been my guy for 44 years.

But Mark is super political and if it wasn’t for my love of Luke I’d have completely ignored him years ago. As others have said, it’s best to keep your mouth shut about politics online.

This is definitely a double standard, and not surprising. It’s definitely a virtue signaling. We’ve seen it before from Disney.

Edit to add: not saying her opinion was correct. But consistency is key. Either cancel all or ignore all.

Exactly. I disagree with Gina on quite a lot, lol. But she's allowed to have her own opinion and share it on her own social media account. And yeah, Disney as a private company is allowed to fire her for it. But that doesn't make it okay.

I disagree with Mark and find his boomer Facebook political energy incredibly annoying and cringe-worthy, but guess what? I don't care or run campaigns to have Star Wars fire him. He's allowed to have and share his own opinion, and I don't let it affect the way I feel about his character or movies.

The only reason they're doing this is for $$. Cancelling Mark or Pedro doesn't win them social media clout, but cancelling Gina does. It's a damn shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

75254 🚀🚀🚀

😄

75254 was already going to be a winner.  getting htf in the wild here too - i'm heading out to swipe some easy tax free minty ones put out nearby walmart to dollar average up from the $18 clearance buyin on my current meager stash.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, cladner said:

75254 was already going to be a winner.  getting htf in the wild here too - i'm heading out to swipe some easy tax free minty ones put out nearby walmart to dollar average up from the $18 clearance buyin on my current meager stash.

In for 1! At $0.30 I figured I can’t loose ;)  
GC was from TCB payout 

The set that would really have big potential would be if she was in a spring set and they pulled it  

Order Summary

Items: $40.00
Shipping & handling: $0.00

Total before tax: $40.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Total: $40.00
Gift Card: -$30.60
Rewards Points: -$9.10

Order total: $0.30
Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TANV said:

Yeah, anti-Semitic pogroms, ethnic cleansing, and genocide are in NO WAY equivalent to disliking someone for their political views. You don't want to touch the Holocaust and any sort of false equivalency with ten-foot pole on social media.

I agree with your sentiment, but it goes both ways. 

I'm sick and tired of ALL politicians (regardless of party) calling each other Nazis.  To do so is to lessen the horrors the Nazis brought on Germany and the world.  Trump has been a called a Nazi for four years and not a single thing happened to anyone who did so.  They even went so far to say the holding areas for people crossing the boarder illegally were concentration camps.  That was very offensive - not just to Trump but to the entire USA to suggest that we as a people were permitting that kind of horrific activity.  And yet, not a single thing happened to anyone who said that.  If Trump were Hitler, then where are all the dead bodies?  Hitler's first move to solidify power was to kill 300 Nazi political leaders (Night of Long Knives - really a weekend). 

Now Gina Carano flips the argument to connect how Republicans are being targeted like Jews were pre-WWII and she is immediately cancelled?  I get that she has made comments in the past but please, there are a whole lot more people making stupid comments online than Gina.  She was just on their hot list and they took this as an opportunity to get rid of her. 

I just want everyone treated the same.  Personally, I think they're all out of line and they all need to stop.

Re: Carano - I guess she was more interested in her opinion being broadcast than having a job.  Her choice.  Now where can I find some 75254s?  Gotta go...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, raindog said:

If you waited until now, you are way behind.  I got all of the cheap US BL and BO ones.  I'm over 50 with a few deliveries yet to arrive.

It's a shame, too.  She really did nothing wrong beyond having an opinion and a sense of humor.  I hate it!  Damn Kennedy SW "fans."

the set to get is the upcoming set she's in that LEGO will boggle the release/pull back...and replace w/ an alternate version.

The Cara Dune minifigure went from $7 to $13 in 12 hours.  That isn't dealers jacking up price but rather, from people buying them up.  I truly never thought that they would let her go but, just in case, I started buying all that I could find for under $6.50.  I'm sitting on over 40 now with 8-10 still enroute.  I got lucky.  I bought my last two for $7 late last night.

aaa.thumb.jpg.e10e83d1820b5ffec09f41733b352c80.jpg

• Like 5

Was Cara an essential character? No. She was cool but not essential.

But what is being missed here is that Gina was not your typical female actress. She actually represented a different type of woman that you don’t normally see in that kind of role.

So Gina led to her own downfall but at the same time, Disney also just cancelled a female representation that isn’t normally seen. I wonder if we’ll see any backlash from that? Probably not, but if Disney replaces her with another female character that is far more “typical” I’d guess there would be some who will be upset.

• Like 2

My biggest concern with all of this is how strong the groupthink culture is. Even if you side with the groupthink, but not strong enough with it, you are attacked. 

It starts in the school system where kids are trained to take tests and recite verbatim, versus learning how to think critically and how to survive in the world. This is probably the biggest reason why we are homeschooling our kids. Teaching them to think for themselves, to be open minded, and not just spout what they are told to spout. Also, common core is totally incompatible with how real life skills work. My goal is to ensure I raise self sufficient little humans.

Should Gina have been saying all the stuff she has said over the months... probably not. Should people be that strongly offended by another person's opinion? Definitely not. She's an easy target as she has a following... but the groupthink doesn't limit attacks to just people with a following. 

This is aimed at both sides. As a society, people have become so thin skinned that someone they don't even know, having a different opinion than them, hurts their feelings and hits them at an extreme emotional level. Why is this even a thing? Why is self esteem tied to what someone else thinks of you? I grew up being told that I was my own person and that the only opinion that matters about me is my own. 

Instead of focusing on how we're all the same, more and more we focus on our differences. We surround ourselves with only those who agree with us... and build up our anger towards those who differ with us. It's a sad situation that will just continue to escalate until it hits a breaking point. 

image.png.374497e04e011804e870bfa96d7a7d90.png

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Was Cara an essential character? No. She was cool but not essential.

But what is being missed here is that Gina was not your typical female actress. She actually represented a different type of woman that you don’t normally see in that kind of role.

So Gina led to her own downfall but at the same time, Disney also just cancelled a female representation that isn’t normally seen. I wonder if we’ll see any backlash from that? Probably not, but if Disney replaces her with another female character that is far more “typical” I’d guess there would be some who will be upset.

I think she would have been cancelled in the Fall, if it weren't for Gina being this demographic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

My biggest concern with all of this is how strong the groupthink culture is. Even if you side with the groupthink, but not strong enough with it, you are attacked. 

It starts in the school system where kids are trained to take tests and recite verbatim, versus learning how to think critically and how to survive in the world. This is probably the biggest reason why we are homeschooling our kids. Teaching them to think for themselves, to be open minded, and not just spout what they are told to spout. Also, common core is totally incompatible with how real life skills work. My goal is to ensure I raise self sufficient little humans.

Should Gina have been saying all the stuff she has said over the months... probably not. Should people be that strongly offended by another person's opinion? Definitely not. She's an easy target as she has a following... but the groupthink doesn't limit attacks to just people with a following. 

This is aimed at both sides. As a society, people have become so thin skinned that someone they don't even know, having a different opinion than them, hurts their feelings and hits them at an extreme emotional level. Why is this even a thing? Why is self esteem tied to what someone else thinks of you? I grew up being told that I was my own person and that the only opinion that matters about me is my own. 

Instead of focusing on how we're all the same, more and more we focus on our differences. We surround ourselves with only those who agree with us... and build up our anger towards those who differ with us. It's a sad situation that will just continue to escalate until it hits a breaking point. 

image.png.374497e04e011804e870bfa96d7a7d90.png

IN a way...CV and SIP kinda opened parents eyes about the rubbage being taught in school. The problem is not any one thing such as common core, it's the "requirement" to reach the lowest denominator child. At least until highschool every child is forced to learn at the rate of the most struggling child level...hence boredom becomes their biggest obstacle for the first 10 years of schooling. But it is what it is.

Life has taught me that regardless of individual awareness...one needs to be able to function and "fit in" to mainstream to have a semblance of a happy childhood...we don't live in a bubble and nor do our kids. Fighting the "system" may be OK for an adult; but it's not a fight for children. 

regarding the Star Wars reference above...I rather my child be Ahsoka...learn to fit in and decide for yourself once you come of age...don;t fight it every inch of the way and don't ignore it either. Learning about yourself is super important...but happiness is ALSO learning HOW you fit into the world as well. 

Colin kaepernick expressed his opinion publically and in a legal way and was banned from the nfl over it and people cheered that.

Gina Carano expressed her opinion publically and legally and was banned from disney/marvel and people cheer that too.  

Weird

Edited by waydog

Just now, waydog said:

Colin kaepernick expressed his opinion publically and in a legal way and was banned from the nfl over it and people cheered that.

Gina Carson expressed her opinion publically and legally and was banned from disney/marvel and people cheer that too.  

Weird

I don't think Colin was banned.  I believe he failed to show the requisite skills to be worth the drama surrounding him.

• Like 1

Just now, fuzzy_bricks said:

I don't think Colin was banned.  I believe he failed to show the requisite skills to be worth the drama surrounding him.

Can't i say that about gina too?

Colin's stats were better than many players the past 2 years too.  Especially backups.  He was banned in my opinion.

• Like 1

ITT: One group of people confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences, another group confusing people who promote intolerance with people who don't tolerate intolerance, another group confusing getting canceled with the free market doing what the free market does, and another group looking at the economics and buying all the sweet at-st sets.

Dang, the internet is a magical place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, waydog said:

Can't i say that about gina too?

Colin's stats were better than many players the past 2 years too.  Especially backups.  He was banned in my opinion.

Maybe I'm not being clear here, I don't think the NFL ever banned him from being on a team, I just think the owners, coaches, etc. didn't perceive his value to be worth the drama that was circling him.  His stats would have had to be significantly better to justify the distraction to the team.  I'm not saying he was a bad quarterback, I'm saying his skills weren't equal to his circus.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fuzzy_bricks said:

Maybe I'm not being clear here, I don't think the NFL ever banned him from being on a team, I just think the owners, coaches, etc. didn't perceive his value to be worth the drama that was circling him.  His stats would have had to be significantly better to justify the distraction to the team.  I'm not saying he was a bad quarterback, I'm saying his skills weren't equal to his circus.

I do get that.  It was a lot of drama surrounding him.  But:

He would be a solid backup quarterback when a starter got injured amd could have helped win games.  The players that have started over him the past 2 years have been much worse and NFL teams should be trying to win games which makes them money.

His sales numbers at Nike are crazy high.  His black jersey sold out in seconds and that's money all day long.

Just like Muhammad Ali's public relations changed over the years, a savvy marketing person in an nfl Department could have turned the drama into ticket sales, Jersey sales, media ratings galore and a public relations dream as well and made many players happy and possibly bring in free agents. That's also money.

There could have been a huge upside as well. It didn't have to be all negative but 32 owners decided to not even try.  That's banning imo.

The people upset about Gina seemed ok with kaepernick being banned from NFL and that seems odd to me.  

• Like 1