The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

I mistakenly thought that was Boba's son.  I know he said he was left for dead on Tattooine, I guess I should have picked up on him escaping the pit.  Some think Boba has a son somewhere down the timeline but I got this one wrong.  So Jango takes care of clone Boba, Boba grows up, we see him in ESB and ROTJ and then this is set right after ROTJ.  I think I'm back on track.

Instead of "the tragedy" the episode should have been called "the jetpack". That's most of the conversation here at home "why didn't he grab it?!",even after such huge reveals and changes.. All in all I'm really liking how the show is playing out. This episode feels like instant nostalgia too me. they are putting in some real effort tying the universe together.

also, very unlikely but I wonder( just spit balling really) if those naming copyright issues ultimately doomed the razer crest on the business end? seams kind of a bad idea when they finally produced another desirable ship to be remade every two years... to then evaporate it.  shows have gotten in the habit of killing off main charters on shows these days so maybe it was just supposed to be a shocker.

6 hours ago, TigerEyez said:

What Lego Did You Build Today?

I built the Razor Crest. 

361FD75E-249D-4670-96FD-322F9683717C.jpeg

Two things:  1) Those pieces are way too big to be the Razor Crest and 2) your set appears to be missing the lone DBG spear.  Just saying...

6 hours ago, sauromosis said:

Yeah, Boba is around 41. Star Wars has always been weird about ages. Obi Wan was supposed to be like 56 in Episode 4, but looked way older. Luke passed out and died of exhaustion at like age 53. Maybe their stressful lives aged them more than in our day. Or maybe just bad writing.

I guess it depends on how long Boba was in the Sarlacc stomach.  That would make anyone age quickly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a funny thought for a chance meeting in the Mandalorian. 

Boba Fett has just pledged to help Mando get Grogu back.  What if the Jedi to answer Grogu's call is actually Luke Skywalker.  What made me think this could be a cool is when did Luke and Boba Fett last see each other?  On Tatooine... over the Sarlacc pit.  That could make for an interesting encounter, especially if they have to work together.  One of those, "When this is over, I'm going to kill you" kind of things.

However, by this time (The Mandalorian) Luke should be well on his way to being the Jedi Master we were all looking for in SW VIII.  What if Favreau and Filoni will use the Mandalorian to give us the Luke we were all looking for in the sequel movies?  It wouldn't be Mark Hamill but a younger person (should be late 20s / could be early 30s).  Like someone else said, SW is not so good on keeping ages of people straight.

• Like 1

Lightsaber sound 

Darksaber sound

lots of hopefully extra space 

zing zang boom boom

so do we think it’s worth picking up some razorcrest? I mean, it’s gotta be done now, right? Does he rebuild or does he take on the slave do you all think? 

i know someone posted this above, but generally curious if it’s influenced anyone’s buying? 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

Finally watched the latest episode and I'm feeling hopeful for the 20th Anni slave 1's I have accumulated and a little sad I sold off my last UCS slave 1 last month. Razor crest prices are going wild, I let go of the only one I had for 249 as its sold out on eu sah together with all the amazon's. 

4 hours ago, coelian said:

Finally watched the latest episode and I'm feeling hopeful for the 20th Anni slave 1's I have accumulated and a little sad I sold off my last UCS slave 1 last month. Razor crest prices are going wild, I let go of the only one I had for 249 as its sold out on eu sah together with all the amazon's. 

while its good for the slave 1..............doesnt it also increase the odds of a quick remake? I know its slated to be remade anyways but I feel like this will make it even quicker

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

while its good for the slave 1..............doesnt it also increase the odds of a quick remake? I know its slated to be remade anyways but I feel like this will make it even quicker

If the remake is a smaller version like the new Tie, X-Wing, and Shuttle, I think this one would hold its value.  It's arguably the best to date for its size.

8 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

6 hours ago, exracer327 said:

If the remake is a smaller version like the new Tie, X-Wing, and Shuttle, I think this one would hold its value.  It's arguably the best to date for its size.

I'm sure a remake will be forthcoming in due time but 75243 has Leia as well in addition to being a pretty nice build in itself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coelian said:

I'm sure a remake will be forthcoming in due time but 75243 has Leia as well in addition to being a pretty nice build in itself. 

Who would have thought that darn 20th Anniversary would actually mean something...many were scoffing at it when it was released...being the highest priced Anniversary set the Slave 1 could become something special...especially with the recent Mando juice

• Like 1

I was able to get some at the 40% discount from Target and the one I put up is doing really well on eBay but the question I have is should it put up another one now and hang on to some others to sell later on?  I am not sure how much of the bump is a confluence on it being out stock, the mando heat, retiring soon AND Christmas or just the first 3...  any advice from the seasoned veterans would be appreciated.  

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Who would have thought that darn 20th Anniversary would actually mean something...many were scoffing at it when it was released...being the highest priced Anniversary set the Slave 1 could become something special...especially with the recent Mando juice

Mando has given me extra motivation to hunt down a couple more of them, they seem to be moving slowly here but we'll see. I'm waiting for post Christmas clearances...

10 hours ago, Blinky316 said:

I was able to get some at the 40% discount from Target and the one I put up is doing really well on eBay but the question I have is should it put up another one now and hang on to some others to sell later on?  I am not sure how much of the bump is a confluence on it being out stock, the mando heat, retiring soon AND Christmas or just the first 3...  any advice from the seasoned veterans would be appreciated.  

6 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

sold 2 Razor Crests and a Slave 1 Ani just today

I think it's the show plus Christmas juicing sales...highest price on Ebay solds for Razor Crest is $250 plus shipping

It's certainly a mix of everything, you can also add covid19 to the mix as that has made some folks less willing to get out. I've gotten requests folks to send xx set to a relative.

I was planning to keep one razor crest and priced it high, someone was still willing to meet that price so I'm happy to take the profit. I'm now with the same dilemma for gingerbread house and elf house, my kiddo wants me to add them to the winter village around our tree but I want to sell them. 😁

11 hours ago, coelian said:

It's certainly a mix of everything, you can also add covid19 to the mix as that has made some folks less willing to get out. I've gotten requests folks to send xx set to a relative.

I was planning to keep one razor crest and priced it high, someone was still willing to meet that price so I'm happy to take the profit. I'm now with the same dilemma for gingerbread house and elf house, my kiddo wants me to add them to the winter village around our tree but I want to sell them. 😁

Indecisiveness will only lead to tears...😏

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Some Disney + news on current SW series and films updated/ announced today:

• Obi Wan series filming now--set 10 years after ROTS. Hayden Christian will reprise his role as Vadar
  • The Acolyte series-- set in the waning days of the high republic 
  • Cassin Andor series announced releasing 2022
  •  Lando series--not cast yet, but I'm hoping Glover. 
  • Rouge Squadron Film- Directed by Patty Jenkins 

This is all insane: " 10 Marvel shows, 10 Star Wars shows, and 15 Disney & Pixar original shows, and 15 Disney & Pixar original films coming in the next few years. A new report indicates that Disney as met its performance goals for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. 86.8 million Disney+ subscribers, 38.8 million Hulu subscribers, and 11.5 million ESPN+ subscribers."

Also, we're getting an Alien series from FX set on earth with Noah Hawley at the helm 

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/disney-investor-day-marvel-mcu-star-wars-footage-recap/#3

Edited by Mark Twain