The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

8 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Loved the season finale! I was truly sad to see IG-11 die (yes, I know he's not technically alive but it still hurt). I really hope they introduce another IG unit next season although it will have some big (driod) shoes to fill.

I felt more for the end of IG-11 and Kulil than Luke in ep8.  FU RJ !!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The succinct Kurosawa-esque man-comes-to-town vignettes proved less dialogue is more.  To wit: They waited till chapter 8 to provide character exposition (names, pre-ROTJ backstories) that Lucas would've shat out of the mouth of C3PO the second R2 asked who they were at first meeting. 

There is deliberate, trusting patience being shown in the audience here.  It was astounding and redemptive.  A+. 

• Like 1

Considering that Season 7 of Clone Wars is focused on the Seige of Mandalore and that Filoni is heavily involved in both shows, I'm hoping for some easter eggs that tie into Mandalorian to show up.

I don’t know if it was confirmed, but I think the Mandos who rescued him as a child in the flashback were Death Watch before Maul’s take over. If so, we’re certain to see some type of tie in with Clone Wars.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, beatpoppa said:

The succinct Kurosawa-esque man-comes-to-town vignettes proved less dialogue is more.  To wit: They waited till chapter 8 to provide character exposition (names, pre-ROTJ backstories) that Lucas would've shat out of the mouth of C3PO the second R2 asked who they were at first meeting. 

There is deliberate, trusting patience being shown in the audience here.  It was astounding and redemptive.  A+. 

I agree with this so much. We are a "we want it now" media society. The slow drip is such a good payoff. Your last line is very well stated.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hasbro Baby Yoda animatronic preorder opened today https://www.shopdisney.com/the-child-animatronic-edition-by-hasbro-star-wars-the-mandalorian-pre-order-461030476270.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=2

Gizmodo review https://gizmodo.com/hasbros-baby-yoda-animatronic-is-too-cute-and-somehow-o-1841809285

edit - links don't seem to be working here. google it!

Edited by marcandre

42 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I'm already getting "One of the items in your bag is out of stock, but we have others to love!" when I try to pre-order it

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Available by 12/21/2020.  Cutting it very close to Christmas

you call that news? Baby Yoda brickheadz is available on EU shop for preorder now.. - I have never seen such a delayed delivery "will be delivered by August 1 - in 6 months).

interesting title of the listed item : "75317 tbd-IP-LSW-Extra1" .. so is there going to be also Extra 2?

Edited by crayxlp

• 1 month later...
"...we received our first bit of major Mandalorian news in months: Rosario Dawson is set to play the live-action version of Ahsoka Tano..."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mandalorian-season-two-season-two-172200947.html

Personally I think that is awesome.

However, considering filming has been completed for a few weeks now, I have to wonder if she only shows up at the end of Season 2, cliffhanger style, and we won’t see her in action until Season 3.

• 5 months later...

Just read this article about upcoming season 2... Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, Boba Fett (wonder how they are going to get around the fact he is supposed to be being digested) and Timothy Olyphant (who I have loved since Justified) in an unknown role... can't wait until October.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a30082688/mandalorian-season-2-air-date-cast-plot-trailer/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figure got to give people at least the day if not the weekend to watch it. I wonder if Chris Rock will be in next week's episode. 
I just finally cut the cord last week and picked up a year free of Disney+ on the Fios $34.99 internet 200/200 deal. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...