The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

I had a vague recollection of this character from the Clone Wars, but since I binged that whole series it mostly went in one ear and out the other.  I do remember the story arc being one of the more interesting ones, so I may go back and revisit that.

57 minutes ago, KShine said:

Filoni is the secret sauce.

45 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Filoni is great and he understands Star Wars but he gets a little too obsessed with boring clones and his episodes tend to be repetitive. Favreau kicked off the MCU with Iron Man and he's the guy I want in charge of Star Wars.

I just want to know what the "story group" was doing while the last three movies came out.  If that's the best they could come up with they should have all been fired.  It can't be that hard to find replacements with equal or higher knowledge and creativity than what we've seen.

• Like 3

There was a story group and it was 20 something people and the majority were women and there was a lot of diversity in the group. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that but this group did not understand Star Wars at a very basic level of what's cool. What's cool is aliens, lightsabers, blasters, ships, the force, sith, mysticism, and all that. 

They created boring characters and put them in boring situations. The humor was lame and not Star Wars humor. And the directors that they chose completely fumbled the ball and told a really stupid story that didn't logically make sense.

And also the ship designs were so lame that by the third film they just ended up using the old ones...just one example.

Edited by sauromosis
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I had a vague recollection of this character from the Clone Wars, but since I binged that whole series it mostly went in one ear and out the other.  I do remember the story arc being one of the more interesting ones, so I may go back and revisit that.

She was the sister of Obi Wan's (not)girlfriend from CW

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I just want to know what the "story group" was doing while the last three movies came out.  If that's the best they could come up with they should have all been fired.  It can't be that hard to find replacements with equal or higher knowledge and creativity than what we've seen.

They were busy coming up with ways to explain / retcon the Disney trilogy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Eh, I guess my post would not make sense without this real image from SW writer rooms' brainstorm session.  I was trying to emulate one of those "writer" during one of these sessions :D

ZZ0231609F.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that as part of the High Republic story board

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My wife and I enjoyed this episode a lot. Fun fact: Bryce Dallas Howard directed this and also Season 1 episode of "Sanctuary" featuring that creepy AT-ST and introducing Cara Dune. She has a knack for setting up episodes with great characters being introduced and also some more emotional moments too.  I just read that she once had a dinner with her father, George Lucas, and Akira Kurosawa as a kid. Holy moly.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Yeah, pretty good episode. Were those early Snoke versions in the tanks? Was baby Yoda used to create Snoke and Palatine's future body?

think so lol

so much for the theory of them taking episode 7 8 9 into the alternate reality timeline to the dust bin of history guess that means George Lucas is not coming back to run Lucas Film 

Edited by starwarsxpress

That's why they shouldn't use X wing pilots as space police or space detectives. Fighter pilots lack that interpersonal skill set required to deal with individuals that have suffered the loss of their home planet. Now a transport pilot would be perfect for the task, they get along with everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

This show makes you like the New Republic a lot less, doesn’t it?

The pilot at the end - what an ass. Did you lose anyone on Alderaan? What else would her answer be?

the galaxy is so freakin big...what is the point of 2 X-wings "doing patrols"...even during Empire's heyday there was never a couple of Ties flying around

when considering scale..that's like a single highway patrol car in our entire solar system

we are probably reading way too much into it...I guess I should be glad writers are even attempting at explaining the logistics of a whole galaxy being converted