The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

Great season finale.  Anyone else think "Just the Two of Us" would be a great soundtrack for the series?

Nice touch showing Stormtroopers can't shoot. Also on how other races view the Jedi.   if I was a lowly peasant in SW universe, I would think they were sorcerers too.  :P

3 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm assuming that was the dark saber at the end?  Wonder how he got that thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was directly responsible for the Purge of Mandalore.  The last time we saw that saber, Sabine gave it to the sister of Mandalorian queen from CW.  She was to be the next leader.

7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

why didnt yoda heal Mando? Was he too tried from using his energy on the fire?

The baby passed out after reversing the fire

4 hours ago, sauromosis said:

Pseu, he was also in Game of Thrones as Oberyn Martell, the viper.

Viper vs Mountain was the best fight in GoT.  GoT seasons 1-5 were so good :(

• Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 6:32 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

Didn't you hear? All baby Yoda merch are coming out in MAY :P

Merchandising

In trying to keep information about the Child secret until the show aired, production of merchandise featuring the Child was stalled due to fears that details about the character could be leaked.[18] As a result, many unlicensed products have been created and sold through the Internet.[19] Official merchandise relating to the character is expected to be released in 2020.[20] The first two items are a 10-inch Funko POP! figurine and an 11-inch plush from Mattel.[9]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Viper vs Mountain was the best fight in GoT.  GoT seasons 1-5 were so good :(

Yeah, the ending was so bad that it's almost like it never happened. Same thing as Lost.

8 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Merchandising

In trying to keep information about the Child secret until the show aired, production of merchandise featuring the Child was stalled due to fears that details about the character could be leaked.[18] As a result, many unlicensed products have been created and sold through the Internet.[19] Official merchandise relating to the character is expected to be released in 2020.[20] The first two items are a 10-inch Funko POP! figurine and an 11-inch plush from Mattel.[9]

What's even stranger about this situation is that a lot of the existing Yoda merchandise already looks like a baby Yoda. My kids have a plushie and an ornament from years ago that look like Baby Yoda.  They could have made millions just finessing it a little but using the image of the new baby yoda.

Edited by sauromosis

19 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Yeah, the ending was so bad that it's almost like it never happened. Same thing as Lost.

What's even stranger about this situation is that a lot of the existing Yoda merchandise already looks like a baby Yoda. My kids have a plushie and an ornament from years ago that look like Baby Yoda.  They could have made millions just finessing it a little but using the image of the new baby yoda.

Even better.  Take the Yoda from the Brickheadz set, remove the cane and replace the white bricks behind the ears.  BOOM instant LEGO baby Yoda

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Thems fighting words.  LOST was fantastic.  GoT was great until those last two seasons.  Lost was strong all the way until The End.

Hehe, I'll respectfully disagree. Pulling a plug to force a smoke monster (that had replaced one of the best characters) into a hole? Everyone waiting to join Jack's afterlife? Those show runners had no clue how to end it. That's what I liked about Episode 9...they stuck the landing. 

2 hours ago, sauromosis said:

Hehe, I'll respectfully disagree. Pulling a plug to force a smoke monster (that had replaced one of the best characters) into a hole? Everyone waiting to join Jack's afterlife? Those show runners had no clue how to end it. That's what I liked about Episode 9...they stuck the landing. 

lol.  Meanwhile, I was happy with the LOST ending, and didn't think Episode 9 stuck the landing.  So, we shall be twins, one good, one evil.

Of course, I'm the good twin.  I don't have a beard.  I'm assuming you do.  Even if you don't, I'm assuming you do.

56 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Just finished the episode. Thought it was excellent. They did a great job with this series and can’t auto see where it goes.

Loved the episode.  I figured Moff Gideon wasn't dead.  What I didn't figure was him pulling out the Darksaber.  Holy cow.  That was a Filoni influence on Favreau no doubt. 

Cara Dune - love her.  Such a bad ass.  I did a double-take when they said she was from Alderran.  No wonder she has some issues with some 'Imps.'

Loved the banter between the two scout troopers, and their inability to aim correctly.  I was saddened by IG-11's demise, but loved the way he cycled through town.

When the imps came into the clan shelter, and it was just the leader woman against the Stormies, I thought - they better give her a chance to be a bad-ass.  I'm glad they didn't disappoint.  I loved how nonchalant she was about his arrival, or that the clan was dead, and that she was cleaning up.  Sad, but she just has to move forward.

Gonna need some LEGO sets.  I hope there's a few in a summer wave.

45 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

When the imps came into the clan shelter, and it was just the leader woman against the Stormies, I thought - they better give her a chance to be a bad-ass.  I'm glad they didn't disappoint.  I loved how nonchalant she was about his arrival, or that the clan was dead, and that she was cleaning up.  Sad, but she just has to move forward.

Lol she literally destroyed Stormtroopers' armors with her hammers.  You can see bits and pieces flying around.  Also 1 trooper went into the forge.  I hate to clean that mess up :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

lol.  Meanwhile, I was happy with the LOST ending, and didn't think Episode 9 stuck the landing.  So, we shall be twins, one good, one evil.

Of course, I'm the good twin.  I don't have a beard.  I'm assuming you do.  Even if you don't, I'm assuming you do.

I don't have a beard, but I'm fine with you being the good twin.

• Like 1

Just finished re-watching ep 7 and then the finale with my daughters. Wow. Best live action SW since the OT as far as I'm concerned.

The first 10 min or so with the scout troopers was comedy gold, and not in a painful Jar Jar or Finn sort of way. More like the  "Troops"  skit from years ago.

Every scene was a payoff from earlier in the season, whether it was the Mudhorn signit, the jetpack, a flamethrower in use (but not by Mando for once), or to something from the OT (Stormtroopers with lousy aim, washing away "the scum and villainy", Alderaan) or the CW/Rebels (Darksaber! Jedi war with Mandalore, Deathwatch? vs Droid Army).

So many potential sets could come out of this season alone:

RazorCrest with Mando, Baby Yoda, Kuill and IG-11

Navarro with Greef, Warner Herzog and stormtroopers (Cantina remake?)

Folding Tie with Moff Gideon (with Darksaber), Mando with Jetpack and Death Troopers (with yet another e-web gun lol) (Pre-Viz ship remake?)

Next up is Clone Wars Season 7 in Feb. I said it before and I meant it, the best SW content is on the small screen at this point.

Edited by Mr_Coat
  • Like 3

It’s a fun series and excellent episode overall. I do think the IG droid entering the fire fight was over the top. I also have trouble squaring how Mando’s small team was able to kill all imperials when his massive squad of Mandos couldn’t do it. Odd juxtaposition with them saving him in the early episode to him essentially not needing them to kill all the imperial troopers.

I think the back story here about what happened with the purge and night of 1000 tears is probably going to involve a lot of speculation and likely more than one unreliable narrator.

The forger mando is interesting if a bit underused or developed.

Scout bike storm trooper was excellent. I’ve been waiting for the series to poke fun at its self Ever since the Robot Chicken SW parody.

Why did the mandos only save home during the flashback. You could see dozens of people fleeing. I’m wondering if foundly actually means “we abduct you.”