The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

6 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the galaxy is so freakin big...what is the point of 2 X-wings "doing patrols"...even during Empire's heyday there was never a couple of Ties flying around

when considering scale..that's like a single highway patrol car in our entire solar system

we are probably reading way too much into it...I guess I should be glad writers are even attempting at explaining the logistics of a whole galaxy being converted

I was starting to write a few sentences using in-universe logic to try and explain why X-Wings are best for patrol duty.  But I realized I don't care anymore about arguing/discussing these minute details since the corporation that owns the franchise never care about storytelling to begin with.  Thanks Di$$ney

29 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

It's a show... for entertainment.
I am entertained.

Yep. Star Wars now is just like popcorn: eat it, enjoy it for what it is, pass the gas, move on

• Like 1

*SPOILERS*

I say again *SPOILERS*

Posting the rest in a quote so it doesn't show in the feed. 

So is this the final season of Rebels now?

Hopefully since she is hunting for blue boy it means that Aladdin is dead. 

Methinks it means Grogu will sit on the magic stone and Aladdin will fly in on his magic carpet and train him. At that point I will have to hunt down Dave Filoni for turning this into the thing that no one wanted. 

14 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Continuing with the "guest star of the week featuring baby Yoda and Mandalorian" theme

You could tell it was Dave Filoni's work.  Ahsoka's owl was there and a Lothcat too for whatever reason

I am thinking Mando bites the dust at the end of the season and the kid turns heel as the result

Lots of extra text for spoiler

it took me a few Minutes but I think I made some connections here. My guess is the Jedi who will come when summoned at the Jedi Temple will be Ezra Bridger. If Thrawn is still alive, then there is a good chance Ezra is as well. Also makes sense why we saw the cut of The Lothcat.

and I also think Ezra will take Grogu on since this is a similar situation that he was in with Kanan. What goes around comes around. 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

1 minute ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Lots of extra text for spoiler

it took me a few Minutes but I think I made some connections here. My guess is the Jedi who will come when summoned at the Jedi Temple will be Ezra Bridger. If Thrawn is still alive, then there is a good chance Ezra is as well. Also makes sense why we saw the cut of The Lothcat.

My guess is the guy who recently turned his dad back to the light side would answer the call ;) ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My guess is the guy who recently turned his dad back to the light side would answer the call ;) ;)

I thought that as a possibility as well. But the other person I mentioned ties up some loose ends. In any case, should be some good watching coming up. 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

1 minute ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I thought that as a possibility as well. But the other person I mentioned ties things together as well. In any case, should be some good watching coming up. 

Imagine very last minute of season finale.  The guy stands in silence as Mando approaches him while handing baby Yoda to him.  The guy turns around to show his face.  Cut the scene

"It rhymes"

• Like 1

The story is great, the structure though . . . It “feels” like a plotted video game story arc from one chapter to the next revealing one small bit of the quest with only snippets of character building thrown in. It may well be what the Star Wars universe needs but it is still quite the departure from a traditional tv show.

take this episode, each scene played out like a “choose your path” drop down menu in a game, which is interesting if you’re playing the game because it gives you the option to create a path but we know that Mando wasn’t going to kill Ashoka for the Beskar spear so it didn’t really have much dramatic weight behind it. That, and Michael Biehen’s feint at the end didn’t really matter or Ashoka “I will test him and agree to train him, but I won’t” response.

Maybe the writers know the audience and selected this structure purposefully.

• Like 2

The structure was used in Clone Wars and Rebels and it's one that people enjoyed, especially younger people. It's a safe bet...you have tons of action happen in one episode then the next week it's all fresh again. The downside is that each one feels unconnected to the others and the heroes have to escape certain doom over and over and over and it can get stale. The number of times Anakin/Ahsoka/Ezra seemed to be dead for sure and wiggle out of it got to be a little too much in my opinion.

Edited by sauromosis

42 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

The story is great, the structure though . . . It “feels” like a plotted video game story arc from one chapter to the next revealing one small bit of the quest with only snippets of character building thrown in. It may well be what the Star Wars universe needs but it is still quite the departure from a traditional tv show.

take this episode, each scene played out like a “choose your path” drop down menu in a game, which is interesting if you’re playing the game because it gives you the option to create a path but we know that Mando wasn’t going to kill Ashoka for the Beskar spear so it didn’t really have much dramatic weight behind it. That, and Michael Biehen’s feint at the end didn’t really matter or Ashoka “I will test him and agree to train him, but I won’t” response.

Maybe the writers know the audience and selected this structure purposefully.

I feel this structure is more in lines of the typical procedural, and the way lots of TV is still done.  There is a villain of the week and they sprinkle bits of a larger story in the background.  Telling one story over the course of a season can work, but the writing needs to be pretty tight.  Too many of these long form shows will meander in the middle and then not really know how to end things because the future of the show is unknown.  I think it's easier to tell the story the way that they are because they can tell as much or as little of the overall story as they need to.  It can get stale depending on how much they try to stretch it out though.

18 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

The structure was used in Clone Wars and Rebels and it's one that people enjoyed, especially younger people. It's a safe bet...you have tons of action happen in one episode then the next week it's all fresh again. The downside is that each one feels unconnected to the others and the heroes have to escape certain doom over and over and over and it can get stale. The number of times Anakin/Ahsoka/Ezra seemed to be dead for sure and wiggle out of it got to be a little too much in my opinion.

This is really no different than any movie or tv show though, the hero isn't going to die in the middle of the show so there are really no stakes to any of those action scenes.  I can think of a couple of times I was surprised a "main" character died, Steven Seagal in Executive Decision and Sam Jackson in Deep Blue Sea, I'm sure there are others but it's usually safe to assume everyone survives.

I was listening to Jeremy Jahns' review of the last episode and he brought up a very good point.  Luke and Ahsoka need to have a conversation.  Ahsoka is the only one alive who knows Luke's parents and can tell him about them.  On the other hand, Luke can ease Ahsoka's guilt by telling her how Anakin was redeemed at the end.  If Filoni / Favreau can show that scene on screen, I might be willing to forgive Disney for the whole trilogy fiasco

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I was listening to Jeremy Jahns' review of the last episode and he brought up a very good point.  Luke and Ahsoka need to have a conversation.  Ahsoka is the only one alive who knows Luke's parents and can tell him about them.  On the other hand, Luke can ease Ahsoka's guilt by telling her how Anakin was redeemed at the end.  If Filoni / Favreau can show that scene on screen, I might be willing to forgive Disney for the whole trilogy fiasco

love star wars all my life...yet this hypothetical scene could be the first time I shed a tear..I mean chop onions

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Bookmarking for later, but what could Ahsoka tell Luke that Obi-wan didn’t already? 

I don’t see Luke being recast for this series and I think given the plot of the final three films, calling him a “Jedi” is a stretch.

I think what we’re witnessing here is Disney using The Mandalorian as vehicle to introduce new series and establish plot points to see what plays well with audiences.

I have a suspicion that Grogu’s narrative is being developed as a way of introducing the Obi Wan series (e.g. we get a flash back of Obi Wan hiding the child as a bridge to his series)and likely some more tangent connections to Boba Fett at some point.

All and all these are good things as what SW needs desperately are new stories , new narratives and hitching a ride on The Rebels story arc serves that purpose well. I wonder who is a good enough actor to play Thrawn? I’m also guessing Ezra will make some sort of return as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Bookmarking for later, but what could Ahsoka tell Luke that Obi-wan didn’t already? 

IDK...Obi Won spent the better part of 2 decades thinking about what he would tell Luke...too much manipulation, IMO.  A meeting w/ Ahsoka would be much more "genuine"...also Obi Won had a very different relationship with Ani and Padme than Ahsoka.