The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

How we all felt in that moment

As the x-wing flashed past the window I said to my wife, "Was that Red Five?"  I grabbed the remote and backed up to that scene - "Yep, it's Red Five.  This is the Luke the entire Star Wars fan base has been looking for."  She said, "How can you tell it's Luke?"  Me: "The stripes on the wings."  My wife: "You're such a geek." lol 

I confess I almost had tears in my eyes while Luke toasted the entire squad of dark troopers.  If only the sequel trilogy had given us this Luke. *sigh*

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 8

Great finale as everyone mentioned.

On another note, seeing the Mandalorian Starfighter in a couple of the scenes made me remember the regret I have for selling all my 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter sets for cheap. I picked them up for ~$30 each and couldn't unload them for a long time even at $40. I was glad to get rid of them at the time, but seeing them selling for $200 now hurts. Oh how it hurts.

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

2) I just re-watched Rebels "Heroes of Mandalore: Part 2".  At the end, Sabine hands the Blacksaber to Bo-katan and Bo-katan accepts it.  As this is Filoni's as well, I'm wondering how he is going to play it that it "has to be won" which is what the Mandalorians said in part 1 but didn't do in part 2.  Sabine had won it prior to handing it to Bo-katan. 

My only minor gripe on the episode.  Anyone who watched Rebels know the whole handing over darksaber thing was BS.  This one stuck in my head because it was also weird in Rebels.  Sabine got the saber, trained to use it, only to hand it over to Bo Katan ???  Also, Bo Katan received it in front of a bunch of Mandalorians, so it was not exactly a secret :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

On another note, seeing the Mandalorian Starfighter in a couple of the scenes made me remember the regret I have for selling all my 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter sets for cheap. I picked them up for ~$30 each and couldn't unload them for a long time even at $40. I was glad to get rid of them at the time, but seeing them selling for $200 now hurts. Oh how it hurts.

Lol, Pre-Vizla Fighter set was from what, 8 years ago?  They probably re-release it next year anyway with Bo Katan figure :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol, Pre-Vizla Fighter set was from what, 8 years ago?  They probably re-release it next year anyway with Bo Katan figure :D

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I better start selling!

Any new Mandalorian Fighters will be half the size of Pre-Vizla's fighter anyway. (It was HUGE!)

12 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...on a side note; kinda tired of Disney using Mando as pilots for other shows...I guess it could eventually become like Marvel Universe where the shows all take place at the same time and we see interactions within a single timeline on different shows...but dang...hard to commit the time to watch 4+ shows to know what's going on. Much easier to keep up when they are movies.

Other than the Boba Fett show, which has been rumored and hinted at for a long time, what other series has spun out of this?

I just thought of the most epic recon option for star wars...

The Slave 1 is one of the few remaining remnants of the original trilogy right?

Let's say Boba Fett took a slight detour after leaving Cloud City for Tatooine...maybe a quick stop at a place he knew well from growing up... Kamino.

He knew there was quite the bounty for Han already...what's to stop him from making "an extra copy" and storing it in the Slave's secret compartment.

Bringing back Solo (or a clone of him) would be pretty cool...altho I know in the current timeline Solo is still alive married to Leia, but was that the real solo or the clone? 

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I just thought of the most epic recon option for star wars...

The Slave 1 is one of the few remaining remnants of the original trilogy right?

Let's say Boba Fett took a slight detour after leaving Cloud City for Tatooine...maybe a quick stop at a place he knew well from growing up... Kamino.

He knew there was quite the bounty for Han already...what's to stop him from making "an extra copy" and storing it in the Slave's secret compartment.

Bringing back Solo (or a clone of him) would be pretty cool...altho I know in the current timeline Solo is still alive married to Leia, but was that the real solo or the clone? 

Congratulations, it looks like you attended the JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson school of story writing.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Don't forget the Obi-Wan show that is set 10 years after ROTJ.

Obi-Wan show set 10 years... after ... ROTJ?   Only if he's force ghost Obi-Wan.  How about 8 years after RotS and 11 years before ANH.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-disney-plus-obi-wan-kenobi-show-release-date-plot-cast-ewan-mcgregor-qui-gon-jinn/

• Like 2

Just re-watched the finale, and realized that Mando's handpicked squad was all female (+Boba Fett backing up in Slave I). And the awesome thing was that I didn't even notice that the first time around…because it was an organic part of the story, and each of these characters had already shown themselves to be extremely proficient warriors:

Cara Dune-former shock trooper with MMA level fight skills; Fennec Shand-elite sniper and part bionic woman; Bo Katan-Mandalorian resistance leader and former Darksaber wielder; & Koska Reeves-badass Mandalorian with WWE level fight skills.

This, of course, made me question Marvel's reasoning during the Endgame finale (which I absolutely loved, except when they made a point to have all the female heroes band together.) That scene felt so forced…I didn't buy it at all, and several folks around me in the audience actually groaned. So big kudos to Filoni and Favreau for writing great characters (male, female, alien, and everything in between) and not shoe horning any nonsense in. 

tenor.gif

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

Just re-watched the finale, and realized that Mando's handpicked squad was all female (+Boba Fett backing up in Slave I). And the awesome thing was that I didn't even notice that the first time around…because it was an organic part of the story, and each of these characters had already shown themselves to be extremely proficient warriors:

Cara Dune-former shock trooper with MMA level fight skills; Fennec Shand-elite sniper and part bionic woman; Bo Katan-Mandalorian resistance leader and former Darksaber wielder; & Koska Reeves-badass Mandalorian with WWE level fight skills.

This, of course, made me question Marvel's reasoning during the Endgame finale (which I absolutely loved, except when they made a point to have all the female heroes band together.) That scene felt so forced…I didn't buy it at all, and several folks around me in the audience actually groaned. So big kudos to Filoni and Favreau for writing great characters (male, female, alien, and everything in between) and not shoe horning any nonsense in. 

tenor.gif

My friends and I have had the same conversation and I also heard this observation pointed out in several reviews. Great summary by you, didn’t feel forced at all and was a testament to F&F’s fantastic writing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My friends and I have had the same conversation and I also heard this observation pointed out in several reviews. Great summary by you, didn’t feel forced at all and was a testament to F&F’s fantastic writing.

Im a fantastic writer too...Season 3; Mysterious Traveler deals with Mando after offering his jetpack in exchange for help with some random problem. Pewm pewm laser battle fight scene the end. + Dark Lightsaber + Baby Yoda Eating Learning and getting stronger with the force. + Mando gets new Ship. (RAZOR CREST II).

The formula works I am a fan and it is saving the STAR WARS brand.

Edited by Brickshopper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brickshopper said:

Season 3; Mysterious Traveler deals with Mando after offering his jetpack in exchange for help with some random problem. Pewm pewm laser battle fight scene the end. + Dark Lightsaber + Baby Yoda Eating Learning and getting stronger with the force. + Mando gets new Ship. (RAZOR CREST II).

...Mysterious Traveler gets his own spin-off from Disney+

• Like 1