10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Guest TabbyBoy

Strange eyebrow was able to order 5 and i also had 5 in my cart but didnt complete the order.

It's all in the timing and it's happened to me before even at SaH.

Guest TabbyBoy

I also ordernd one but it says something like "not available" in spanish

It will be if you ordered from another Amazon EU site. The limited is 1 currently and I had the same problem moving from Amazon FR (where I ordered 1) to Amazon ES.

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt that these orders will be fulfilled based on previous experience. I ordered mine at the beginning of Nov with a confirmed delivery date of 28th and it got cancelled then the ad came back again two times each at a lower price but still with no fuflillment date. It ain

• 2 weeks later...

Both FB and TH have seen a healthy bump in the last couple weeks.  I bought a couple of FBs at $275/ea and 2 THs at $300 just a few weeks ago.  This leaves GE as the only retired modular not to break the $300 barrier, and frankly, given FB prices closing in on $400 and TH in the $440 range, it leaves GE roughly 150 below the next lowest priced retired modular.

Moral of this story?  I think GE is a bargain right now at $240 on Amazon with free prime shipping.  I just ordered a couple more.  I'm literally betting that the TH/FB fever reaches GE in the not-too-distant future.

Guest TabbyBoy

Something inside my cerebrum tells me to NEVER pay over RRP for a product not yet retired as it may still come back if the fat lady isn't on stage yet. If I miss the boat, I miss the boat and wait for the next one but, that's just me.

Sometimes paying more than retail price for a set that is retired or pretty much retired is fine. Yes, the GE is all but labeled retired.

How much does one expect this set to increase over retail price during the first 3 years of retirement? Everyone will have a different answer. I'll post an example with my own sample #s. Many would say that a good return on an exclusive might be 50% during year 1, 25% compounded during year 2, and 15% On top of everything, you need to remember seller fees.

If the buy-in for a GE is already 50% over retail (poster mentioned $240), I might think twice about buying it from an investment perspective. Now if one speculated the GE's annual ROI to be 100%, 50%, and 25%, then I would be more inclined to pickup the set. Like stated previously, there are other sets that can be had for a possible greater financial gain. I want to make a nice amount of money after fees especially when shipping a bigger set (it's a pain, hassle, etc...)

My own opinion, I would spend the $240 elsewhere. While a nice set, the GE doesn't have the short retail life appeal of the TH to help it propel past the Fire Brigade since that set was referenced by the poster. Additionally, many weren't caught off guard by the sudden unavailability of the GE like the TH and FB.

Something inside my cerebrum tells me to NEVER pay over RRP for a product not yet retired as it may still come back if the fat lady isn't on stage yet. If I miss the boat, I miss the boat and wait for the next one but, that's just me.

I would be very cautious about buying $240 GEs and I certainly wouldn't throw the word "bargain" around.

Both FB and TH have seen a healthy bump in the last couple weeks. I bought a couple of FBs at $275/ea and 2 THs at $300 just a few weeks ago. This leaves GE as the only retired modular not to break the $300 barrier, and frankly, given FB prices closing in on $400 and TH in the $440 range, it leaves GE roughly 150 below the next lowest priced retired modular.

Moral of this story? I think GE is a bargain right now at $240 on Amazon with free prime shipping. I just ordered a couple more. I'm literally betting that the TH/FB fever reaches GE in the not-too-distant future.