10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

7 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

The going rate on ebay UK/EU right now is about £250 plus shipping. I haven't noticed much movement on it recently. Lots of used ones on the market now too.

It's probably somewhat depressed by the eBay fee offers over that few weeks. Max £1 / £3 fees.  I sold some just after Christmas with at £275 with the 25% fees promo. Felt like the fee reduction would be about the same as growth for the rest of the year.  

39 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sold one on EBay yesterday for $320.  It was listed less than 24 hours.

I cracked and brought the fable to life.  I sold most of mine at or below $300 over the past 3 months.  Congrats to those with the patience and quantity to see this finally break the 2x MSRP mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickLegacy said:

I cracked and brought the fable to life.  I sold most of mine at or below $300 over the past 3 months.  Congrats to those with the patience and quantity to see this finally break the 2x MSRP mark.

Yup hurry up , some of us would like to crack 3x+

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Slow and steady, it also works for selling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, asharerin said:

It will pass FB before too long. At $300 you could sell off the dark green windows and keep the rest of the set for free, or wait until the windows hit $18 each :)

and suddenly one fine day we would see 10000 and 100000 listed for 0.03 from sellers 

Good call! This set is popping now.

The part out value of GE has really shot up in recent months and is now worth more than Town Hall at $591 vs $582. I have not gone through to look what the rare parts are but it sounds like it might contain quite a few retired and pricey pieces.

Just checked it is the dark green windows that make this set valuable. Looks like GE and The Burrow which is another pricey set are the only ones that had them and there are 76 total that go for $3-$4 each. Looks like a smart person bought them all up at $0.60 each in March and April. 400% ROI over 2 months not too bad lol. 

It wasn't me that bought them up in March, but I did finish BL'ing a partial set back in December. So good news to me that I was able to get that stuff cheap at the time.

7 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

and suddenly one fine day we would see 10000 and 100000 listed for 0.03 from sellers 

I am guessing TLG sold out of them for their replacement program so the only way to get them now is opening sealed GE for the larger windows or GE and The Burrow for the smaller ones. Price is only going up from here.

18 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I am guessing TLG sold out of them for their replacement program so the only way to get them now is opening sealed GE for the larger windows or GE and The Burrow for the smaller ones. Price is only going up from here.

Remember, this was once a $20 piece.

3308.jpg

Edited by KShine

Wow I had no idea about those windows or part out value. I planned on bricklinking one of these eventually but that's off the table. Used sets at 200-225 are looking good now. 

I have plenty of new ones but can't bring myself to open one. I'm almost finished bricklinking a town hall for the same reason. Must keep personal collection and investment sets separate. 

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Haven't seen one go for over 300 on ebay......

I sold one yesterday for $320, so maybe sold listings haven't updated yet.  Pretty banged up too.

Edit:  I see it out there.  I sold one for $310 back in February, or sometime around there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

I'm looking on the app and do the see any.......don't mind me I'm just bitter because auctioned one the other day and it only got to 250 :(

Yeah, I had the same issue selling my GEs. the demand is def there but only to a certain price point.  Luckily these were among the last exclusive sets discounted before the sale embargo. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Deadfraggle said:

Things to think about that might increase reliability of your listings.

1, Include photos of the actual item, even better if they include a sign with your seller/store name that verifies you own the item in question.

2. Well written description, that doesn't seem like you're trying to run a quick scam.

3. Don't list multiples of the same item untill you get some credible feedback

4. As others have mentioned, buy and sell a bunch of small items to establish some feedback quickly.

4. Open listings for the same items on Brickclassifieds, Amazon or Bricklink.

One more on the list for new sellers offering high dollar kits is, packaging. Usually new sellers do not know how to properly package a large expensive item either because they haven't made all the mistakes in shipping yet or they are not passionate about the item they are selling. As most everyone here is a reseller you will want your item in "pristine" shape, whereas my opinion as stated before, the average end-buyer does not care about minor set box damage.