10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

33 minutes ago, cladner said:

seems like we are getting into the phase of price appreciation where people have sell target prices and not undercutting as much.

I am expecting GE to do very well going forward as well. I see a few of the larger sellers are at $400 FBA. May take 4th quarter to clear them out. I am expecting $450+ FBA by June 2017.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yinchuan said:

These are asking or actual sold prices?

these are the lowest selling price on amazon from a third party on a given day.  from my own personal experience they are what the sets are actually going for in the case of a popular set like GE or AT-AT.  

9 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I am expecting GE to do very well going forward as well. I see a few of the larger sellers are at $400 FBA. May take 4th quarter to clear them out. I am expecting $450+ FBA by June 2017.

yeah at this point i have to stop selling my stash and let the tincture of time work its magic.  GE, TH, HH, ATAT - all crack for LEGO selling addicts.

Edited by cladner

For me this is a really interesting market and set in the USA. We have a very wide disparity in prices and information across platforms.

$240 (bricklink set price) - $310 (ebay set price) - $370 (amazon fba set price) - $601 (bricklink part out value).

Interesting to see where this one will end up in 2-3 years in the USA and if set price will converge with part out value as most sets do in the medium term.

23 minutes ago, asharerin said:

For me this is a really interesting market and set in the USA. We have a very wide disparity in prices and information across platforms.

$240 (bricklink set price) - $310 (ebay set price) - $370 (amazon fba set price) - $601 (bricklink part out value).

Interesting to see where this one will end up in 2-3 years in the USA and if set price will converge with part out value as most sets do in the medium term.

Do the prices normally converge, in regards to part out value? I would assume the part out value tends to be much higher for the majority of a sets life until it becomes scarce. What do you define as medium term?

3 hours ago, asharerin said:

Most do. Lets take a look at some previous sets:

10221 SSD (2014) $1108 POV, $1030 Amazon

10197 FB (2013) $445 POV, $400 Amazon

10212 IS (2012) $776 POV, $780 Amazon

10186 GG (2010) $1255 POV, $1430 Amazon

and for fun 10179 $5492 POV, $5500 Amazon

Most of the time the  set value always converges with the underlying parts value once the number of sellers thins out and the market reaches equilibrium. The time for this to occur is different depending on how hoarded the set is. Occasionally you have a few sets like 75054 and 10225 trading for above their part out values but it does not happen often and prices normally correct quite quickly back to POV. GE will certainly be interesting to watch.

its interesting co-relation. i would say its not as simple. when you look @ 2000+ parts sets i don't think its that direct. it might appear that they are close. but i seriously doubt that's true. a. we are taking average value in those scenario and if we look at actual bricklink sales only about 10%-20% of sales are either average or over average prices. most of the sales are below average sales. (b) most of weightage will be carried by rare items in these sets (c) common parts are sold way below average. (d) finally its true that the POV or part-outers are the biggest consumer of LEGO sets (individually) but personally i doubt that this co-relation can be substantiated. (e) i am basing that based on my sales in bricklink [ most sales are for items priced below average and never never all items from any sets gets sold even at those 0.01 valuation :) 

• 1 month later...