10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Where is FB $400+?

Right here.  In a competitive auction, no less, with 18 bids.  There have been a few other competitive auctions for FB with prices well over $370 as well.  

FBA (FB^2 A!)  prices crossed the $400 threshold about 10 days ago.  Here is the most current, $410.  The cheapest FB on Amazon right now (including shipping) is at $388, and just 3 of about 60 sellers are under $400.  The vast majority of Amazon sellers are now $400+

$400 is now becoming the new price point for this set, just as GE is crossing the $300 threshold.  Very nice appreciation on both sets post-xmas.

Edited by diablo2112

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if GE is benefiting from being a corner building? Interesting to see both GE and FB currently have the same part out value of $387. Supplies of GE are less than FB right now as well. GE is only $40 behind FB for NISB. Last corner building was CC but there are far more modular collectors now. Wondering if we will see GE overtake FB in 2016? Given that GE was supposedly the most hoarded modular ever it looks to be performing very well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can someone help tell me how many bags are in the box of the GE?? I'm building it now and count 22 individual bags that are #'d.  I seem to be missing an entire #1 bag that has many dark grey bricks.  This sucks! Have to call Lego asap if this is the case.  

Also when you guys find out the # of bags, where can I search that as well.  Thanks

• Like 1

Back in 2014 when this set was retiring I remember a minor debate on wether to invest in the HH or the GE, at the moment the HH is clearly the right decision. I put more of my money into the GE than the HH because I felt it as a safer investment. However seeing that the GE is rapidly increasing within revenue, could the GE, being a modular, be the correct investment, or continue to lag behind the HH?

Back in 2014 when this set was retiring I remember a minor debate on wether to invest in the HH or the GE, at the moment the HH is clearly the right decision. I put more of my money into the GE than the HH because I felt it as a safer investment. However seeing that the GE is rapidly increasing within revenue, could the GE, being a modular, be the correct investment, or continue to lag behind the HH?

I have a 2.5:1 ratio of HH:GE and I'm still very happy with that position. I think the HH will continue to outpace the GE. I also believe it has a much higher long-term ceiling. 

Both HH and GE have - and will - perform fantastically well.  It's a fool's errand to try and pick which one you "should have" invested in with 100% hindsight.  Each of these sets is a clear winner, and you didn't make a bad choice in investing in either.   You'll drive yourself crazy in this game if you try to retroactively question your portfolio with "what if" questions".  Heck, with what I know today I wish I had invested every dollar I had in NIB sealed Market Streets.  Worth about $1500 today, with an initial buy-in of $90.  Percentage wise, they've done even better than the holy grail Millenium Falcon and Grand Carousel.  

• Like 5

Something isn't adding up with the # of bags with the GE and or my GE.  I do have this

1 Un-numbered 

9 #1

7 #2 

11 #3  

for 28 like this site claims.  However I am missing all dark grey thick pieces.  I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the nicest customer service guy in the world and we went over all bags and what was in them, not piece by piece, but a few in each bag so that I could say "yes, I have that bag".  

There seemed to be an entire large #1 bag missing.  I got stuck on page 9 when I found the problem.  He is sending me that whole bag but it has to come from Denmark so 7-10 business days.  Stuff happens, even though my dad and I are building these for a local Lego night he's putting on in just 2 weeks so hopefully it arrives in time.  I continued building floor #2 in the meantime. 

So with all that said, I'm not sure what's going on.  28 total bags doesn't seem right.  That would still leave out all the dark grey pieces that I am missing.  Anyone else have this problem??

Something isn't adding up with the # of bags with the GE and or my GE.  I do have this

1 Un-numbered 

9 #1

7 #2 

11 #3  

for 28 like this site claims.  However I am missing all dark grey thick pieces.  I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the nicest customer service guy in the world and we went over all bags and what was in them, not piece by piece, but a few in each bag so that I could say "yes, I have that bag".  

There seemed to be an entire large #1 bag missing.  I got stuck on page 9 when I found the problem.  He is sending me that whole bag but it has to come from Denmark so 7-10 business days.  Stuff happens, even though my dad and I are building these for a local Lego night he's putting on in just 2 weeks so hopefully it arrives in time.  I continued building floor #2 in the meantime. 

So with all that said, I'm not sure what's going on.  28 total bags doesn't seem right.  That would still leave out all the dark grey pieces that I am missing.  Anyone else have this problem??

There was at least one seal code for GE that is known to be missing a bag. Not sure which one though.

My GE is 20R2 but that would still put the total to 29 bags, not 28.  IDK.  I guess that makes me one of the unlucky ones that just so happen to get the one bad production run.  That's crazy.  I have others to sell, imagine what a nightmare this could be when a buyer 2 years from now opens it and finds a missing bag like I did.  If he did within return date of auction, that would be such a hassle for both parties.  Imagine someone with 20 of these things all from the same production run missing a bag.  

Edited by DenJ91
more info

My GE is 20R2 but that would still put the total to 29 bags, not 28.  IDK.  I guess that makes me one of the unlucky ones that just so happen to get the one bad production run.  That's crazy.  I have others to sell, imagine what a nightmare this could be when a buyer 2 years from now opens it and finds a missing bag like I did.  If he did within return date of auction, that would be such a hassle for both parties.  Imagine someone with 20 of these things all from the same production run missing a bag.  

​here is the older thread http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2762-grand-emporium-3rd-floor-missing-pieces/

not sure about the seal code. there was some mention of 11R2 or something of that sort (going by the memory here) and most of that entire seal code was sold by amazon.

1 Un-numbered 

9 #1

7 #2 

11 #3  

​I just recently had that problem with the DC Super Heroes Darkseid set.  It was missing Bag #4.  I contacted Lego, and it was pretty quick (about 5-7 days) to get all the elements from Denmark.