10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I have two slightly damaged GEs (one has crease and one has box image tear on front) that I am planning on returning to WM.

I'm offering them up to BPers (for purchase) prior to doing so.

I will ship and the cost to you will be my cost + shipping.

Ideally I would prefer these go to BPers that have been unable to acquire one yet.

If you are interested PM me.

(Mods: I've already passed this post by Ed)

Yes, this is approved.  Ed gave us a heads up.

• Like 1

I have two slightly damaged GEs (one has crease and one has box image tear on front) that I am planning on returning to WM.

Ideally I would prefer these go to BPers that have been unable to acquire one yet.

I approve of this post.

Yes, this is approved.  Ed gave us a heads up.

I approve of this post.

I also approve of the approving! ;-)

Amazon has me all confused on my order...

My two GEs arrived in a mangled box and each set had a single piece of tape that had come loose on one side.  I reapplied it and it sticks pretty well but a good eye can tell the seal had come loose.  The boxes had some large creases and one has a pretty significant buldge.

I complained to amazon and they gave me a full refund and instructions to return the sets (this is unusual because usually the refund comes after the return).  I said I didn't want to return them since they were sold out and asked for a partial refund.  They offered 30% off and said that because I had already been given a refund they needed my permission to charge my credit card $97 and change (no idea where they got that number).  They also mentioned still being able to return my SSD (?!?).

The refund shows completed on Amazon but hasn't shown up on my credit card yet.  I am waiting to see that it went through before authorizing any additional payments.

My questions are, will I get prompted to return the items if I do nothing for too long?  If I authorize the payment, will they cancel the return?  Where did they get $97 from?  It was a $326 order.  Whatever the case I think I am coming out way ahead, but I can't help but think Amazon will screw it up even more.  Anyone had a similar experience?

And I am terrified to see the condition of my SSD and 2 HHs shipping in the same box arriving today.  I might have to request further compensation.  Why can't they learn to use better packaging?

I think I need to do more buying at my local lego store to get mint boxes... its worth the hassle.

If I'm reading your post properly it looks as though Amazon is giving you a 70% discount. In which case it would be a no brainer. But as Bold pointed out your credit card will not reflect any refund until amazon receives the items. At this point though I would give them the go ahead to post a $97 charge to your card and see if the $326 refund precedes it.

I would buy a GE off you it would be for personal build so box isn't as inportant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

!

What an awesome and kind gesture!!  Thank you for doing that!  If still available, I would love to purchase one for my own use.  I still do not have one at all (either for investing or personal building).  I'd love one to build for me and would not care about the box.  Thanks so much!!  Note sent.

Would this Christmas season be a good time to sell these or do I really need to wait until next year after hopeful retirement?  Another question, how much are you expecting/hoping to get for this set when you sell?  I am new to investing and my husband is getting worried that we will lose money.  I would like to sell ASAP to show him that we can make money, but I don't want to do it too soon and not make near as much as I could.

If you sell now, you will regret it later.  If you're husband is worried about this being a profitable endeavor, simply show him the current price on Amazon or the sold prices on Ebay.

I finally got a copy of this set, yay!  However, mine is lacking stickers.  Does this set come with stickers or not and if so, which ones/numbers etc.  Any help would be VASTLY appreciated!  Thanks!

I don't believe that GE has any stickers.  I'm pretty sure Palace Cinema was the first modular to (unfortunately) have stickers.

Just ordered an extra 3 pieces GE from LEGO Shop at Home Europe. It was on 'call to check product availability' and I called them.. I was almost for sure that it was not available though (mistake on site) but I was able to order 3 more on the phone. It went immediately into process and already got confirmation e-mail. A few minutes after my order it was again 'sold out'. Nice catch this Monday afternoon.. :-)