10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

First of all: I really like what you did there! Great job!

I guess it won't perform spectacular though.

Collectors mostly are looking for original Sets rather than MOCs.

But who knows, you might get lucky since I guess that it still includes 2-3 GE? + I can't be the only one who loves it! ;-)

But for what price are you aiming exactly?

Well it's possible to sperate the 3 GE's. So i could rebuild the corner buildings into originals and sell the middle GE (straight one). I wonder what price the straight one can achieve. 

With it being so heavily stock piled i am anticipating that it will be a slow burn with this set but still profitable over the long term.  My guess is that a lot of investors, especially new ones, (i am one myself) will get itchy and will not be able to resist the urge to start selling, even for modest profits.  I am planning on holding them all 4 plus years and would be hoping to get around

I only have 1 TB at present but this is still likely to be a good investment.  The general view is that TH is close to retirement, however, it is presently not that easy to get hold of at retail. It is less stockpiled than GE and has not been out as long.  I think the general view however is that it is not as good a set as GE.  
HH is the obvious one but it is now almost impossible to get hold of at anything close to retail.

My advice (and the approach i have taken after a little trial and error is to) vary your collection and concentrate on the larger more exclusive sets if you have the funds to do so.  I have spent about 6k so far on SSD, GE, TH, PS, AA, TB, ToO, SC and T1CV.  I also got 3 tumblers with a view to making a quick profit over christmas if these remain hard to get hold of.  At present however, this is looking increasing unlikely as they are presently well stocked in the stores although more difficult to get hold of through the online store.